> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 81 82 83 84 85 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 24 2018, 01:14 AM
Instructor
Hi Phil!!

All great stuff here! I like your plan and that quote mate. I totally agree with it. smile.gif

I can see that you are not familiar with that texas rhythm. This video will be a treasure in the future, as soon as you master this lesson. And I'm sure that it will happen! smile.gif

Regarding that improvisation, wou mate, that's so tasty. I've really enjoyed it!! It's very important to dedicate some time every day to train your creativity and improvisation. Well done friend!! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 25 2018, 09:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Gab,

I'm really pleased you liked the improv. I played it to a drummer at work who is learning guitar and he said it was great and that I under sell myself because I told him it was pretty poor before he listened.

Cheers buddy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 26 2018, 08:38 PM
Hello Gab,

I know it's miles off being good but I'm pretty pleased with my progress given that I've only really had about 30 minutes with it since that video post of my first attempt. I didn't practise yesterday as it was Saturday and that is when I spend all evening with my wife chilling wink.gif

Here is tonight's go at the first four bars. I really do think it's coming along quite well considering how bad I was at first. I'll try to get a video up very soon so you can guide me a little if that's ok.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/texas-blues-shuffle-bars-1-4-aug-26th-2018

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 26 2018, 10:29 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil!

I can note improvements in this new audio, so it seems that you are going on the right direction. Keep on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 29 2018, 09:08 PM
Thanks Gab,

I'm still working as hard a possible, my wife's dad has only just come out of hospital so time has been taken up with that.

The SRV Texas Shuffle is the hardest thing I've ever tried. I've managed to get the first 8 bars down, very loosely, the 8th bar is still a struggle, my strumming hand keeps pausing at the slide. Watching the instructor, his hand hesitates slightly at that point too, when you watch SRV do the shuffle his hand is almost metronomic. I will get there though wink.gif

The SRV style for beginners solo is something I'm struggling with. The phrasing is hard for me at the moment, but I'll give it a good go, hopefully it will all come together slowly wink.gif

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 1 2018, 06:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Great to hear from you mate!

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to know that your wife's dad is better. smile.gif

I know that it's a hard time, but the good thing is that you are focused on your tasks so you'll master these lessons sooner or later.

Keep going!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 1 2018, 08:04 PM
Thanks Gab,

My wife's dad came out of hospital but wasn't really better. The care home said he should not have been let out as he wasn't fully recovered. His pneumonia is clear now but his Parkinsons is getting worse. They have now put him on "end of life" care which is when they know that the patient has less than a year to live. It could be days, weeks or months, so now every time the phone rings it fills us with dread.

I'm doing my best through all of this and having a lot of stress at work too so I apologise for progressing slower than usual.

Thanks for your kind words buddy.

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 1 2018, 08:07 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 1 2018, 10:06 PM
Instructor
I'm so sorry mate. sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 1 2018, 10:15 PM
Thank you Gab,

Everyone's journey on this planet has to end but its never easy for the ones still making their journey.

Peace my friend

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 4 2018, 04:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 1 2018, 06:15 PM) *
Thank you Gab,

Everyone's journey on this planet has to end but its never easy for the ones still making their journey.

Peace my friend

Wise words mate.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 8 2018, 08:46 PM
Hello Gab,

I haven't been very structured this week, work has been crazy and the other things in life have been messing with my head. I have been improvising though. I have noticed when I am improvising, that I'm using some of the licks from that first SRV lesson, the one I couldn't do a REC take for because the backing was off key. I find this interesting because I don't seem to do it with other things I've learnt.
I really enjoyed that one even though I couldn't REC it. I hear the licks, sometimes I play two notes of one of the licks, leave a space or hold the note and then play the other three notes. I guess it proves that things you really enjoy, stick in your fingers.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2018, 02:22 AM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Thanks for the cool update!

It's great to know that you are enjoying your improvisation and that you are applying the licks learnt into your playing. That's the main goal of learning GMC lessons! I hope that you can find more lessons that inspire you as much as this one. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 10 2018, 10:39 AM
Thanks Gab,

It's amazing the variation you can get using the same licks but changing the lengths of the notes and/or putting little pauses in where they weren't in the original. Very liberating. I don't know why this hasn't happened in my head before.

Maybe it's an idea for a little workshop. put a few licks out there and students can play the notes in the same order but with completely different phrasing and dynamics. I think it may help a lot who, like me, have had tunnel vision with licks.

Chers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2018, 01:31 PM
Instructor
Yeah! It's so inspiring!! That's exactly what this lesson covers:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Your-First-Phrases/

Have you ever seen it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 10 2018, 08:48 PM
Yes Gab, I have, I saw it in March 2018 and I left a message wink.gif

I had forgotten about it though. Had another jam session tonight, I must get back to my scheduled lessons soon though otherwise I will stop improving rolleyes.gif

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2018, 02:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 10 2018, 04:48 PM) *
Yes Gab, I have, I saw it in March 2018 and I left a message wink.gif

I had forgotten about it though. Had another jam session tonight, I must get back to my scheduled lessons soon though otherwise I will stop improving rolleyes.gif

Cheers buddy.

Does it mean that you've watched each of the video parts and applied it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 11 2018, 02:44 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 11 2018, 02:40 PM) *
Does it mean that you've watched each of the video parts and applied it?

No Gab, I saw it, watched it all and thought. "that's good idea ill look into that one day", then it left my head.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2018, 02:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 11 2018, 10:44 AM) *
No Gab, I saw it, watched it all and thought. "that's good idea ill look into that one day", then it left my head.

Well, I think that you are applying it with that SRV lesson when improvising and creating your own variations of the licks. On a similar topic, this lesson is also very interesting:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Developing-a-melody/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 11 2018, 09:06 PM
Wow Gab, that is so interesting. No I don't know which direction to take with my limited practise time wacko.gif

I want to develop my melody skills and improvisational skills but also need to develop all of my technique.

confused.com

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 12 2018, 04:06 PM
Instructor
Ok, you have two clear goals. Having clear goals is the most important thing and sometimes it's one of the trickiest things...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 81 82 83 84 85 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:27 PM