4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Hone Your Tone - Episode #2, get some tips on how to improve your tone
Phil66
Jan 25 2016, 12:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Darius,
It was the bridge pickup in a stock Ibanez RG1570.
The video is HERE if you think it will help.
Thanks for your help, I'll have a play and post back either direct or with a link to a collab. As always, no rush to answer, this is an evolution smile.gif
Cheers buddy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 26 2016, 11:44 AM
Instructor
In fact bridge pickup is not a best choice....unless you are Jeff Beck playing with his fingers with a little tone knob adjustment. Otherwise it sounds like RHCP to me smile.gif)) Neck pickup has some really nice phase cancelation of higher midrange and it's much more pleasant to listeners ear. You might want to boost some mids and highs to make it break through the mix but even with that boost it has still nice and round shape/color. Bridge pickup on the clean tone is something you'll usually find in a country music smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 26 2016, 12:35 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jan 26 2016, 10:44 AM) *
In fact bridge pickup is not a best choice....unless you are Jeff Beck playing with his fingers with a little tone knob adjustment. Otherwise it sounds like RHCP to me smile.gif)) Neck pickup has some really nice phase cancelation of higher midrange and it's much more pleasant to listeners ear. You might want to boost some mids and highs to make it break through the mix but even with that boost it has still nice and round shape/color. Bridge pickup on the clean tone is something you'll usually find in a country music smile.gif

Thanks Darius,

I think I am poisoned by my Les Paul guitars, where it says "Rhythm" and "Treble" on the toggle switch. Made me think all lead work was on the bridge. wink.gif

Cheers, I will continue to experiment over time.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 26 2016, 12:39 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 26 2016, 05:14 PM
Instructor
I do like to play solos on bridge pickup bo only on middle or high amount of gain, when tone becomes a little more mellow and compressed. Then pinch harmonics and pal muting works best wink.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:28 AM