> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

18 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Bleez's Mentoring Thread
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 4 2013, 12:53 PM
Instructor
Sounds like a good plan, Sir! biggrin.gif

Now, remember, isolate that little thing that causes trouble, whatever it may be - a bend, a lick, a riff, get it up to speed and interpretation, get it into the context and THEN record wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 26 2013, 10:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey dude, that hand sync lesson. Im playing it ( at a slower speed ) reasonably welll in terms of timing but the last section..... the really fast part, Im not 100% sure of the timing.
in the lesson its parts 6 and 7. They are 16th note triplets. Im trying to play this section real slow with a metronome.
Do I play 6 notes between each click?

note 1 played on the start of click 1
note 7 played on the start of click 2
note 13 played on the start of click 3

huh.gif

Im not too sure on the best way to attempt this part, I just thought it might be better to single out this last section and get it with the metronome before trying it with the backing because it's so fast.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 27 2013, 08:02 AM
Instructor
Your assumption is correct in both ways - this is a tad more difficult biggrin.gif and yes, you should play 6 notes between each click but not with a triplet feel - as they are 16th note triplets - try it slow with the metronome first and shoot a lil movie so that I may see and hear, ok?

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 27 2013, 08:03 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 27 2013, 04:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
so this was based on my assumption that I had to play 6 notes between each click. I also added highhats inbetween the clicks where I thought I should be picking each note.

I recorded it at 40bpm and then slower at 30bpm

even now Im still not sure if this is right rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 28 2013, 03:06 PM
Instructor
Sounds right to me man - 6 notes between each click and no triplet feel smile.gif Now, it's time to bring it up to speed! Keep me updated with the speeding progress, ok?

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 28 2013, 03:20 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
cool smile.gif I was totally all over the place with it until I added in the hihats!
I can play up to this part at 70 - 80 bpm but at the moment I cant imagine being able to play the 16th note bit at full speed. Its SO fast! it feels like pure light speed ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 29 2013, 11:32 AM
Instructor
Can I see a video at 70% please? In this way, recording will make you bring out good results biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 29 2013, 11:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 29 2013, 11:32 AM) *
Can I see a video at 70% please? In this way, recording will make you bring out good results biggrin.gif

sure smile.gif I can play at 70 up to the fast section. That 16th part however I can only do at around 50 ( 55 on a good session! )
Ive been practising it as 2 separate pieces, should I record it like that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 30 2013, 07:33 AM
Instructor
Mate, let me tell you about a little golden rule:

You can't really play a song unless you can play all the parts at the original speed - the best performance is a done at the speed at which you can play ALL the parts together. So, focus on playing everything at the same speed - ok? If you can play at 55 when doing that difficult part in a good session than, this is the whole speed limit that you have on this piece, so let's see a 55 BPM recording.

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 30 2013, 08:38 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 30 2013, 07:33 AM) *
Mate, let me tell you about a little golden rule:

You can't really play a song unless you can play all the parts at the original speed - the best performance is a done at the speed at which you can play ALL the parts together. So, focus on playing everything at the same speed - ok? If you can play at 55 when doing that difficult part in a good session than, this is the whole speed limit that you have on this piece, so let's see a 55 BPM recording.

yeah totally cool.gif
my initial thought was that it was worthwhile to play the first section on its own, as it is more within my level, I can progress with it faster while also working on the 16th part separate as its way more difficult.
I'll begin playing it as a whole piece though as well now. I tried the last part along with the backing last night..... timing is very difficult LOL! I may need to add some clicks to the backing rolleyes.gif

gotta say though, its a really great lesson, even at the slower speeds it sounds really cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 31 2013, 07:53 AM
Instructor
First things first, let's see a full vid at the max speed at which you can play in good timing and articulation - deal? When practicing the parts, it is normal to go as far as possible with each on its own, but when putting them together, well that's where you need to be consistent with the tempo smile.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 31 2013, 11:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
well, I tried it tonight but it didn't turn out too good rolleyes.gif Im still getting a bit lost when playing the fast part over the backing track. maybe tomorrows session will be worth recording mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 1 2013, 07:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 31 2013, 10:02 PM) *
well, I tried it tonight but it didn't turn out too good rolleyes.gif Im still getting a bit lost when playing the fast part over the backing track. maybe tomorrows session will be worth recording mellow.gif

No hurry mate smile.gif Make sure YOU are happy with it first, considering of course the level at which you are at this moment.

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 5 2013, 11:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey dude, I got a recording tonight at 60bpm of the hand sync. Its..... not the easiest rolleyes.gif there are only 3 points of reference that I hear in the backing track during the fast run at the end.
1. the start of the run
2. theres a chord change in the backing and I should be hitting the 14th fret G string when it changes.
3. the last note smile.gif

also, Last weekend I got a bit bored with my usual practise stuff so I spent a day learning a new lesson, Ive included it in the vid. Its not technically difficult but it's all bends and vibrato. Ive not got all the bends to pitch but I think Ive got a few of them sounding reasonable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 6 2013, 09:03 AM
Instructor
Hey matey! I will make a movie for ya regarding Ben's lesson - I want to talk to you about an idea which will spark some thoughts into your mind smile.gif The recording is not bad, but you cling on to some things which should not be hindering you smile.gif

Regarding the bending lesson - GREAT CHOICE! It still sounds a bit rigid and some bends are not there yet, but it will work the hell out of your interpretation skills! Try to get the best out of each note and listen carefully for the dynamics in the interpretation, found in the original recording - try to emulate them!

Here we go mate:

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Aug 7 2013, 10:52 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 7 2013, 07:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thanks mate. I'll try that approach, I can see how it would be beneficial smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 8 2013, 07:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 7 2013, 06:55 PM) *
thanks mate. I'll try that approach, I can see how it would be beneficial smile.gif

Just tried it myself again last evening on some pieces I was learning and man, it's so good to be able to play without having to fuss over the landmarks biggrin.gif Try it and let me know how it feels afterwards. You should be able to sing in your head as you play the guitar - it will help tremendously!

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 21 2013, 08:35 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey dude, I was watching your vid reply about legato and was wondering how you come up with patterns to play?
Basically Ive been trying to include some fast runs using legato in the unmasked collab ( and also Todd's collab ). I always seem to play the same pattern!
Ive been trying to come up with this type of thing :

The descending run especially that Todd plays at the start is the type of run I think I could play and use in collabs etc. Is it just a trial and error thing or do you learn patterns and then adapt them into your own solos?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 22 2013, 12:53 PM
Instructor
Hey mate - the one thing that you can do - the one thing I did as well, in order to figure out various runs, is learn runs from wherever you can and adapt them to your style. As a great starting point, I would totally suggest you to listen to all the legato based lessons here at GMC which you particularly enjoy LISTENING to wink.gif and learn the licks in there. Once you learn run/ lick, change a note, a rest or develop it into something more personal.

How about starting with this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato-5/

It's not necessary to play it at the original speed, but, it's important to 'steal' the lick biggrin.gif

Show me, which would be your favorite runs and we can work on makin' them yours smile.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 23 2013, 08:20 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
cool, thanks dude smile.gif I started last night, checking out some runs and trying them. Definitely much better than what I had been doing ( trying to come up with my own runs from scratch ).
Some of them sounded cool just played to a metronome. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:26 PM