Need Ideas For Practicing
Chres
Aug 25 2009, 07:25 PM
GMC:er
Hi Guys!

I need some great ideas for practicing. I usually play rock-hard rock-metal and blues, so something like that.

Need some songs which aren't too difficult, but which still are challenging. (Been playing for almost two years.

Here are some of the songs that I already can play, so you know my level of playing:

Franz Ferdinand - Michael
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - False Pretense
RATM - Killing in the name of
RATM - Bombtrack
Fireflight - Unbreakable
3 Doors down - Kryptonite
Nickelback - Never Gonna Be Alone
Nickelback - Someday
Nickelback - If today was your last day
Papa Roach - Last Resort.

- THX

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Aug 25 2009, 09:22 PM
If you'd like, you could try :

The Trooper - Iron Maiden
Crazy Train - Black Sabbath (there's a GMC lesson on that one)
All Torn Down - The Living End
Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns 'n Roses (there's also a GMC lesson on that one!!)

Mayby you could tell about your taste in music, so we can help you better.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mitch Roberts
Aug 27 2009, 06:29 AM
Not trying to tell you what to do, but depending on your aspirations as a player, you might want to take a break from learning songs and begin a foray in theory and different techniques. Theory wise, possibly check out some pentatonic scale lessons, there are tons of them here!

--------------------
Check out my lessons!
[post=0]My Facebook, feel free to add me[/post]
[post=0]My Youtube page, check it out![/post]

+Quote Post
Conrad Harpham
Aug 27 2009, 09:15 AM
I agree with Mitch...
Its definitely time to start maybe looking into new scales and techniques...
Try some of these (all can be found at GMC)
Building solos within the pentatonic minor / blues scale / pentatonic major
Starting 2 handed tapping, alternate picking, legato, bending and phrasing, vibrato...
All are really cool and will kepp you busy!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
Aug 27 2009, 11:30 AM
Instructor
Try to learn different style songs and your practice and playing can be more ineteresting.

--------------------
Check out my lessons

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 27 2009, 11:47 PM
Instructor
If you like Franz Ferdinand, why not doing Do You Want To, or Walking Away, those are cool songs.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 28 2009, 01:21 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Maybe you could try something from RHCP, its interesting to play a different style and we have some rhcp cover lessons on GMC! smile.gif Also songs should fit your ability and let you explore some new ideas.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 28 2009, 07:25 AM
Lets go fishing!

Additionally I would suggest practicing something that is beyond your current skill set (but not too much).

Any substantial advances in my own skill set have come from attempting "difficult" pieces of music.

This is because it forces you to re-asses you're skills, your weaknesses, your strengths etc.

For example I started a 'difficult' piece early this year, and it forced me to develop a strong picking technique, improve my tapping, and evolve my theory.

Just food for thought for any of our members seeking new music to learn smile.gif

regards,
Matt
smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 28 2009, 06:24 PM
Instructor
Excellent suggestions here, especially last one by Matt!

Go for tunes that are out of your comfort zone but not too much out. This way you will make sure to study new techniques and learn new things all the time. It will make your practicing more fun and productive, plus you learn songs that you like a lot!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:37 AM