2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Incremental Video Slowdown!, New GMC player functionality
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 16 2020, 05:22 PM
GMC Founder
Hey guys,

Today we have added the option to incrementally slow down video.

On DESKTOP:
Attached Image

On MOBILE:
Attached Image

This should give you granular control over tempo, and hopefully help you practice at a speed that is perfect for you.

A little technical background:
I have always wanted this functionality - and before html5, this required a flash media server. However this topic had me researching again and I discovered there was now a much easier fix 😁 Thanks for your input πŸ‘Š

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 16 2020, 05:24 PM
Instructor
AWESOME!!! I'm now deleting that hateful chrome speed controller. laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 16 2020, 05:27 PM
GMC Founder
Go for it. Oh and if you want to have some fun, find a spoken video to slow down 😁 example:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Guitar...ning-and-Notes/

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 16 2020, 05:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 16 2020, 05:24 PM) *
AWESOME!!! I'm now deleting that hateful chrome speed controller. laugh.gif

Maybe you could slow it down with crome and speed it up with tools and get something "unique "

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 16 2020, 06:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 16 2020, 01:34 PM) *
Maybe you could slow it down with crome and speed it up with tools and get something "unique "

I didn't try! I've instantly deleted it!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 16 2020, 01:27 PM) *
Go for it. Oh and if you want to have some fun, find a spoken video to slow down 😁 example:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Guitar...ning-and-Notes/

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 16 2020, 06:16 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Nice one Kris, thank you cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

β€œSuccess is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 16 2020, 06:33 PM
GMC:er
PURE AWESOME!!!!

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 16 2020, 12:22 PM) *
Hey guys,

Today we have added the option to incrementally slow down video.

On DESKTOP:
Attached Image

On MOBILE:
Attached Image

This should give you granular control over tempo, and hopefully help you practice at a speed that is perfect for you.

A little technical background:
I have always wanted this functionality - and before html5, this required a flash media server. However this topic had me researching again and I discovered there was now a much easier fix 😁 Thanks for your input πŸ‘Š

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 16 2020, 08:27 PM
This is great Kris, maybe if we could get it down to 25% too it would be even better. I use 25% a lot in GP5 for fiddly chordal change parts, maybe it will sound too wobbly though.

Also, it doesn't matter to me as I don't use mobile in my practise room, but I checked it out on my Samsung tablet using Chrome and thought you should know, I get the result below when I click on the spanner

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

β€œSuccess is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 16 2020, 09:10 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks Phil for providing the details & screenshot, we should be able to get that fixed soon!

This is great Kris, maybe if we could get it down to 25% too it would be even better. I use 25% a lot in GP5 for fiddly chordal change parts, maybe it will sound too wobbly though.

Yes for audio it can get quite weird. Guitar pro handles it fine though!

--------------------

+Quote Post
nicoweb
Apr 16 2020, 09:13 PM
Thanks for this new feature.

I just saw it and used it on a lesson, awesome!!!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 17 2020, 07:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Nice feature smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 18 2020, 01:09 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
That is fantastic, nice job!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 18 2020, 07:52 AM
Learning Tone Master
This is awesome and from what I see works great. smile.gif

BTW Kris, you have right, it's very funny to slow down the spoken videos and also the guitar faces on slow motion are priceless. biggrin.gif Try this on my favorite lesson from you "Bouncy fun" because it's really cool. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 18 2020, 04:09 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Apr 18 2020, 08:52 AM) *
This is awesome and from what I see works great. smile.gif

BTW Kris, you have right, it's very funny to slow down the spoken videos and also the guitar faces on slow motion are priceless. biggrin.gif Try this on my favorite lesson from you "Bouncy fun" because it's really cool. smile.gif

HAHA hilarious indeed!!

QUOTE (nicoweb @ Apr 16 2020, 10:13 PM) *
Thanks for this new feature.

I just saw it and used it on a lesson, awesome!!!

Yeah I have found it really handy as well!

--------------------

+Quote Post
nicoweb
Apr 18 2020, 07:52 PM
A tip that I use too:
I use the console in the inspector of the browser to loop the video:
CODE
document.getElementById('mp4_player').loop = true;

It is possible to slow the video at the speed you want too (e.g. 25%):
CODE
document.getElementById('mp4_player').playbackRate = 0.25;

This post has been edited by nicoweb: Apr 18 2020, 08:31 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 22 2020, 12:32 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 16 2020, 09:27 PM) *

Also, it doesn't matter to me as I don't use mobile in my practise room, but I checked it out on my Samsung tablet using Chrome and thought you should know, I get the result below when I click on the spanner

This looks fixed from my end now, same for you?

QUOTE (nicoweb @ Apr 18 2020, 08:52 PM) *
A tip that I use too:
I use the console in the inspector of the browser to loop the video:
CODE
document.getElementById('mp4_player').loop = true;

It is possible to slow the video at the speed you want too (e.g. 25%):
CODE
document.getElementById('mp4_player').playbackRate = 0.25;

Cool tips!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 22 2020, 12:41 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 22 2020, 12:32 PM) *
This looks fixed from my end now, same for you?

Working great thanks Kris but the spanner icon has gone which I don't think it's a big issue, if I remember , it was a shortcut to what's available on the right hand menu, and I've just spotted the subscribe icon, please don't tell me it's always been there wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 22 2020, 12:46 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 22 2020, 01:48 PM
GMC Founder
Hehe no the subscribe icon is new! smile.gif

The wrench/spanner icon should only show if you can't see the backings etc inside the actual player. Can you give me new screenshot?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 22 2020, 03:29 PM
Seems to be working as it should then buddy wink.gif In my last screen shot the spanner/wrench was over the word "take" in the "post your take" line.

I did notice something when I previewed this message, in the preview the image was too big to fit but I posted anyway just to see what happened and it turned out fine wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 22 2020, 03:31 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 22 2020, 05:06 PM
GMC Founder
Awesome Phil, thanks so much again πŸ‘Š

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:12 AM