> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Vince09's Music Workouts, for Gab's Army
Vince09
Jan 29 2015, 06:08 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Gab!Here is a video of the intro of Van Halen lesson....when I play in my ears it all sounds good but when i see the recording I have a senzation like the sound is flat...
Van Halen intro #1

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 28 2015, 01:41 PM) *
Ok! I have to say that I really liked this phrase:

"next step is to get into relax mode and enjoy the music"

The second half of this phrase is the first rule! Looking forward your new takes. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 30 2015, 02:59 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince! This is not bad! Please check Alex's original lesson, compare his movements (hand, fingers, arms, body) while he plays the lessons with yours and let me know what big differences you note.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jan 30 2015, 04:33 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 30 2015, 03:59 PM) *
Hi Vince! This is not bad! Please check Alex's original lesson, compare his movements (hand, fingers, arms, body) while he plays the lessons with yours and let me know what big differences you note.

Hi Gab!I studied Alex's movements and this is what I see:
-Hand: The right hand is making a strumming motion but with controlled movement
-Fingers: The momevemt of the fingers is minimal
-Arms: Most of the time the right arm has only 1 contact point with the guitar.
-Body:He has a different position that allows him to have his guitar almost straight.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 31 2015, 03:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince! That's a very interesting analysis. I think that your right hand / arm movement is the main thing to have in mind during the next days of practice. I mostly note that your movement starts from your wrist, but the arm is fixed, there is no movement from your elbow. Try to relax your whole arm and let it go with the groove. It would be also to change a bit the practice posture to reach the string like you would do when standing up. You should reach the string more from above, while you are reaching them with your right hand horizontally, does it make sense?

Attached Image

Attached Image

Both the movement and the posture should help to be able to play this one with more groove.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jan 31 2015, 04:36 PM
Now I understand perfectly...I have this right hand position since I learned the alternate picking lesson and since then I keep it this way cause it's comfortable to sit on the bridge smile.gif I will try the new position and show the result here...Thank you Gab! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 31 2015, 04:43 PM
Instructor
Please try it and let me know what happens.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Feb 2 2015, 09:40 PM
New recording...i was not fully focused on this one cause it was kind of really late when I recorded.
Van Halen intro 2

Also about the Radiohead song i think I can''t learn this one...I can''t hear it clearly...Even though I know the tonality of the song and I know that in every chord he uses the first,third and fourth...I can''t find the other notes and also my voice doesn't help me sad.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 3 2015, 12:07 AM
Instructor
hehehe I'm starting to like that hand position and movement! I can even hear an improvement in the groove of the riff! This is so cool mate!! Please keep on practicing in this way for 2 days and share a new take here. smile.gif

About the song, don't worry about it, we can get back to it then. Let's go for another one... do you have any suggestion?

What about anything like this?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Feb 6 2015, 05:13 PM
Hi Gab! I always loved the songs that you choose for me to study smile.gif Now this one is in Am tonality with B borrowed from Am Dorian and the following structure:
Intro -the arppegios are played on the low E string using the 3 notes per string scales as it can be seen bellow in the picture
Verse 1:A-C-G-A
Bridge1 :F-C-F-E
Chorus: A laugh.gif with some slides on the background wich i will discover soon
Verse 2: A-C-G-A,A-C-D-E
Bridge 2: B and D
Attached Image

Also here is a new video of the intro of Van Halen lesson: Van Halen intro #3

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 3 2015, 01:07 AM) *
hehehe I'm starting to like that hand position and movement! I can even hear an improvement in the groove of the riff! This is so cool mate!! Please keep on practicing in this way for 2 days and share a new take here. smile.gif

About the song, don't worry about it, we can get back to it then. Let's go for another one... do you have any suggestion?

What about anything like this?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 7 2015, 03:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince! Awesome job with "Breaking the law"!! Everything is ok, except the last two measures of the main riff which has two little differences. Please check if you can find them out and if not I will help you with it.

Van Halen lesson is evolving really good! I can notice how it is starting to sound more groovy and natural. I like how you are moving your right hand and how you are reaching the strings now. I think that the last days changes and improvement are being really important and that will affect your overall playing. I think that you just need to continue playing it to feel even more natural with this rhythm, but you are definitely on the right track.

Congrats for this great week of work! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Feb 7 2015, 04:22 PM
Hi Gab!Thank you for your reply smile.gif My fears over the main riff of the song have come true....I tried diffrent combinations before choosing the last two measures and I got to admit that I am out of ideas....so please help....also with those cool slides on the chorus biggrin.gif
On the Van Halen lesson I think I am in constantly battle with my right hand position cause it's not used to this position and also not used with pain in the shoulder laugh.gif but eventualy it will give up and everything will be natural smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 8 2015, 09:51 PM
Instructor
hehehe ok, so this is my version of the last two measures of that riff:

Attached Image

Please try it over the song and let me know if you find it right.

About your rhythm hand movement and position, don't worry, it takes some time to get used to a new posture and position, but the good news are that you are making the groove sound much better now, so keep going with it.

What about the things that we've been talking about at the Vchat? Any news with it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Feb 9 2015, 04:25 PM
Hey Gab! I tried your version and everything is alright...I really need to learn intervals by ear cause these 2 measures that I got wrong were so obvious smile.gif
I got to admit that in these moment my right hand is a little bit confused...she doesn't know were to sit on the guitar and the first position that adapts is that from the Van Halen lesson smile.gif
I really thought about what we talked about at the vchat and I want to take challanges like colabs and jaming with other colegues from gmc.I think joining a cover band it's too son cause I still make a lot of mistakes so that's why I have a new goal and that is to join a cover band next year but with the deadline of 1st of february.A friend proposed that we should do a cover and accepted since I have a electroacustic guitar and
a mic...he will do the vocal part.So this is my first little step smile.gif....Cheers from baby Vince smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 10 2015, 02:02 PM
Instructor
hehehe everything sounds great! Thee are very good plans and show you on track. There will be a new collab soon so please start working on it as soon as it is opened, and make use of the workout created there. It will be really helpful and inspiring. About the cover band, if you already have the band-mate, I recommend you to start! Choose with him the playlist in order to be able to start practicing the songs and start rehearsing when you feel comfortable.

About ear training, this can be done with your guitar, play different intervals, and sing along with them. There are certain intervals that can be related to things that are familiar with you. For example I relate the 5th with the intro of Superman soundtrack. Happy Birthday song is also a good guide since it starts with a major second, then it does a 4th that goes to the major third. Things like this can really help you to identify intervals.

There are also many ear training software, like this one which is free: http://www.miles.be/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Feb 10 2015, 03:46 PM
Hey Gab!I will join the next colab as long as it's on my style...For example this AC/DC colab is not my style and I don't know were to start if I join...if i think about it i don't know much about this band cause it never interested me.
I don't have a cover band but i will join in the near future...I will just jam with a friend.Learning intervals is officialy in my daily skedule and I will do my best...also those tips of relating the intervals with something familiar are really great...I am just wondering if you can do that to developing perfect pitch.Please let's pass to the next song cause I want to learn learn learn.... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 10 2015, 03:02 PM) *
hehehe everything sounds great! Thee are very good plans and show you on track. There will be a new collab soon so please start working on it as soon as it is opened, and make use of the workout created there. It will be really helpful and inspiring. About the cover band, if you already have the band-mate, I recommend you to start! Choose with him the playlist in order to be able to start practicing the songs and start rehearsing when you feel comfortable.

About ear training, this can be done with your guitar, play different intervals, and sing along with them. There are certain intervals that can be related to things that are familiar with you. For example I relate the 5th with the intro of Superman soundtrack. Happy Birthday song is also a good guide since it starts with a major second, then it does a 4th that goes to the major third. Things like this can really help you to identify intervals.

There are also many ear training software, like this one which is free: http://www.miles.be/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2015, 05:59 PM
Instructor
Hey Vince! Have you seen this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=53894

Next song:

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Feb 14 2015, 06:21 PM
Hi Gab!Sorry for late reply...these days I was busy then usual...I saw the funk colab and I saw that it's allowed to play anything on the backing track and i will get it in ...I think I can squeeze 30 minutes each day for this colab.Now comes the part that made me realize that ear training it's actually more important than playing...The song from The Beatles....now this song...it's just like many other songs that my mind composes but they never make it out of the mind because it's too hard to play them on the guitar.I think that's why I am not into improvisation...
I recorded another video on the Van Halen intro lesson...wich by the way changed my position on the guitar and I find it comfortable right now smile.gif
Van Halen intro #4

This post has been edited by Vince09: Feb 14 2015, 06:23 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 15 2015, 01:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince, thanks for the new update. I didn't get what you mean about the Beatles song, what do you exactly mean?

About the VH lesson, it's evolving right, but your right hand is starting to do a weird movement when you play alternate picking, and this is because you are not letting your elbow move while you play the technique, combined to the fact that your wrist is not completely relaxed while you play it. What was the last alternate picking lesson that you practiced? Could you please share a video playing it?

About the collab, great!! Please go for it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Feb 16 2015, 04:03 PM
Hi Gab!I ment to say that this type of composition(like the arppegios from The Beatles song ) I always compose in my mind but I can't play it on guitar.
I read carefuly your feedback about the VH lesson and now I understand what you mean...My alternate picking move is not as it should be done also I am not relaxed wich I can see only in the video cause when I am playing I am feeling ok.
Here is the last video of the alternate picking lesson:Alternate picking workout

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 15 2015, 02:10 PM) *
Hi Vince, thanks for the new update. I didn't get what you mean about the Beatles song, what do you exactly mean?

About the VH lesson, it's evolving right, but your right hand is starting to do a weird movement when you play alternate picking, and this is because you are not letting your elbow move while you play the technique, combined to the fact that your wrist is not completely relaxed while you play it. What was the last alternate picking lesson that you practiced? Could you please share a video playing it?

About the collab, great!! Please go for it!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2015, 09:41 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince, now I can get what you mean! I think that learning that song by ear can be a good step forward to make the connection between your mind and guitar smoother. That's what we are working on so it's a matter of time. smile.gif

The lesson is evolving ok. The first thing that I noted on this one is that you are muting the strings too much with your right hand palm and that makes some notes sound so muted that I can't hear the pitch, while others are aggressive staccato. Experiment with the position of your palm to mute as well as the pressure that you do, and also try adding a bit more drive to your tone.

Starting at 00:40, I notice some timing issues that become more notorious so you should give more time or practice and repetitions to that part focusing on timing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:04 AM