Kramer Custom Collection
Todd Simpson
Sep 13 2021, 03:23 AM
GMC:er
Kramer has released a new batch of “Extreme” graphics models. These harken back to the glory days of Kramer Guitars in the 80s, I gotta say these are about as 80s as it gets! smile.gif The new batch has various Baretta models and with some crazy finishes. Best of all, each of these can be yours for $1,000.

THE ILLUSIONIST

This one will give you bit of a headache if you look too long. It features a 3D black and white swirl pattern that reminds me of an M.C. Escher. It features an alder body and maple neck/freboard. In true retro style it’s got a single JB pickup at the bridge and one knob. It’s push pull which is handy. Of course it also boasts the traditional locking floyd rose trem, and a D Tuna as a bonus to let you drop D when the urge hits ya.
Attached Image

“FERAL CAT” (in rainbow leopard, of course)

This one is a shout out to the classic kramer Leopard that graced many a stage in time of big hair. It features thesame specs as the Illusionist save for it’s pickups which is angled in true
Retro metal fashion. This time it’s a Dunxan Zebra in the hole, also with the Floyd Rose.
Attached Image

“HOT ROD” BARETTA, BLUE SPARKLE/FLAME

This one has the slanted single pickup/knob and the Floyd, and the D Tuna, but makes it’s mark with it’s “Hot Wheels” style flame job.
Attached Image

“VIPER” BARETTA

Classic Snakeskin, in Rainbow!! Yup. When the single slanted humbucker and hockey stick headstock are not enough, well, you gotta add rainbow snake skin!! Floyd is standard.
Attached Image

“WHITE LOTUS” BARETTA
This one takes its’ inspiration from the 80s classic film “The Karate Kid”. You get the single slant pup, the floyd with Dtuna, and a reverse headstock!!!
Attached Image

“DANGER ZONE” BARETTA

Do you feel the need? The need for speed? Well, here ya go!! This Kramer with it’s slanted single pup, and reverse headstock and “Danger” graphics is ready to fly.
Attached Image

These guitars clearly harken back to the mid 80s when EVH was still playing Kramer guitars. This was their big era. When they went from a smallish builder to a HUGE guitar brand that became aspirational for many players. I myself had a kramer focus 1000 with the slanted pup and my first locking trem. It was this guitar that introduced me to the FLOYD ROSE and I’ve loved the system ever since.

Granted, these are very retro guitars and appeal to players of a “certain age”, however, I’ve also noticed on youtube that there are wads of young players with Kramers and Ibanez guitars playing Dokken, and Ratt, and Whitesnake and just about every 80s Hair metal band you can think of. Youtube has created an 80s revival of sorts. I think this is partly why we are seeing so many 80s re-releases on guitars. I recently posted about a series of Rainbow Crackle LTD/ESP guitars that simply drip the 80s. I’m thrilled about all of this of course as I’m a big fan of the music of that era and the guitars of that era. Evidently I’m not alone. There is a massive groundswell of fans for the style and music of hair band generation.

For more info, check the KRAMER web site.
https://www.kramerguitars.com/Guitars/Colle...Custom-Graphics

*Check out this lesson on 80s Spandex Metal!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...-spandex-metal/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 13 2021, 08:55 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
It's the illusionist for me, love black & white guitars and that one is sweet wacko.gif biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:32 AM