Help!
KGZ
Jun 14 2008, 03:04 AM
GMC:er
Hi everybody,

I've been playing the guitar since I was about 15 but I only recently [less than a month] started singing and playing. I am much to shy to sing in front of people because I do not have confidence in my voice. I would really like honest opinions on what you think of my voice and how you think I should improve. I recorded this using the windows sound recorder it's an incubus song called 11am. I also included a little clip of me improvising because I would also like some tips on how to improve my guitar playing.

Thank you so much for your time.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  11am.MP3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 347
Attached File  jam.MP3 ( 466.94K ) Number of downloads: 344

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jdriver
Jun 14 2008, 04:17 AM
I think your voice is fine, you sound rather like Paul Simon, but it sounds like you are trying to be quiet as to not disturb someone nearby, which makes you sound hesitant. I heard a few flat notes, but if I could sing that well, I would certainly be entertaining my friends. Maybe a few voice lessons, to gain more control?

The jam sounds okay, but again it seems to lack control. Perhaps slow down a bit and aim for more precision?

I'm sure the instructors will chime in.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 14 2008, 12:40 PM
Instructor
You have a great voice, great color, just need to practice it more. CHeck out Nemanja's singing lessons, specially those abouth breathing and scales. You main problems are breathing, dynamics, and precise pitch control.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 14 2008, 01:26 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Your voice sounds cool to me, you just need some practice...Color is very interesting..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
KGZ
Jun 14 2008, 05:04 PM
Thank you all so much, this is very helpful.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jun 14 2008, 05:08 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Yeh i like your voice too smile.gif

A bit of continued practise singing and also some recording knowledge and those will be mp3s that you will send to all of your friends for sure.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 14 2008, 09:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Just +1 on what the rest said biggrin.gif Your sound is not very off-pitch, and that's important. The fact that it sounds a bit soft and a bit uncontroled can also be because you were unsure when you did the take, but I can't say this because I don't know the state you were in when singing. I'd also say just practice! Your voice is just nice!!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 14 2008, 10:31 PM
Instructor
good work in these tracks just keep practicing and little more breath practice.

+Quote Post
KGZ
Jun 15 2008, 01:15 AM
Thank you all. I've been practicing breathing through my diaphragm while singing and what a difference it makes. I will continue to practice and in a couple weeks post something else so you all can gauge my improvement. Thanks again everyone.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 15 2008, 03:03 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sounds good just a little bit louder.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jun 15 2008, 06:01 PM
Instructor
Great voice man!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:06 AM