Huge Favor? Borrow Your Ears For A Minute?
Todd Simpson
Mar 31 2021, 04:48 AM
GMC:er
This clips is just a few seconds long. In it, I"m using one clean patch. I"m adjusting my palm mute only,
not changing the patch. I want to see if you can tell the difference in the resulting tone? Thanks for your help!

It should go from sounding like the edge from U2, into sounding more like lita ford/lush chorus delay

\ https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/delay-test-transition-in-the-same-patch

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 31 2021, 04:49 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 31 2021, 06:42 AM
GMC Founder
Yeah!! From 00:09 it starts to sound amazing, with a peak around 00:15 where the delayed vs real notes dynamics balance is spot on!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 31 2021, 09:50 AM
Thanks much!! I"m very glad that it's not just my ears picking this iup smile.gif I love that delay pedal in the ampero has such sensitive touch response. It's a killer little unit that I keep finding more out about the more I use it.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 31 2021, 01:42 AM) *
Yeah!! From 00:09 it starts to sound amazing, with a peak around 00:15 where the delayed vs real notes dynamics balance is spot on!

+Quote Post
Timmez
Mar 31 2021, 02:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice. The muted notes sound way more refined and give more of that U2 feel to me

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 31 2021, 03:31 PM
The difference is pretty obvious, even on computer speakers.
Both sound good to me!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 31 2021, 06:57 PM
Instructor
Yeah! Both sound amazing! Each one has its own style. Nice sound Todd!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 31 2021, 08:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That's very good buddy, I can't say I fully understand what's going on there but I can hear two definite differences.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 31 2021, 10:57 PM
Thanks much for taking a listen! That's exactly what I was going for. Wanted to be able to go from U2 to lush delay without changing the preset. I just change the hand mute.

QUOTE (tflava @ Mar 31 2021, 09:24 AM) *
Very nice. The muted notes sound way more refined and give more of that U2 feel to me

Thanks for lending your ears! Can you hear the U2 vibe vs the more open vibe when the palm mute shifts?

QUOTE (klasaine @ Mar 31 2021, 10:31 AM) *
The difference is pretty obvious, even on computer speakers.
Both sound good to me!

Thanks for the listen! I was trying to see how different I could make them sound just by changing the angle of the palm mute. Without changing the actual preset. I had read that the delay on which this is based was so touch sensitive that this was possible.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 31 2021, 01:57 PM) *
Yeah! Both sound amazing! Each one has its own style. Nice sound Todd!

THanks! The delay I"m using here is based on a rack unit from the80s which was so touch sensitive that a change in palm mute angle could completely change the sound. I"m sure other delays can do the same thing. Just wanted to make sure my ears weren't lying to me smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 31 2021, 03:11 PM) *
That's very good buddy, I can't say I fully understand what's going on there but I can hear two definite differences.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 1 2021, 03:16 AM
Oh yeah, I can def hear the diff between the muted part and the non-muted part.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 1 2021, 04:10 AM
Im still trying to figure out what rack delay from the 80s they are emulating here. I get that it's got very sensitive touch response. But I can't find any specifics. I'm very curious about which unit it might be.
\
QUOTE (klasaine @ Mar 31 2021, 10:16 PM) *
Oh yeah, I can def hear the diff between the muted part and the non-muted part.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 1 2021, 04:37 AM
Probably an Eventide or a TC electronics. Both companies offered "ducking" delays.
They could/can be set to duck (minimize the delay effect) either when you play fast or play more aggressively. Sometimes they're called 'dynamic' delays.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 2 2021, 01:15 AM
Good ear! I think your right. It's probably one of the 80s rack units from tc/eventide. Sure has that vibe. Its very cool to hear the delay adjust based on how hard you are hitting the string. I didn't even realize it was a feature on the unit. I keep running across new bits on this thing like the pitch shift chorus .

FOUND IT!!! IT's based on the classic 2290
Attached Image

Also I keep seeing amperos for sale on ebay from japan for $600 from that same guy that sells all the ibanez guitars. That unit should street for about half that. It's a great unit but $600?

Attached Image
QUOTE (klasaine @ Mar 31 2021, 11:37 PM) *
Probably an Eventide or a TC electronics. Both companies offered "ducking" delays.
They could/can be set to duck (minimize the delay effect) either when you play fast or play more aggressively. Sometimes they're called 'dynamic' delays.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 2 2021, 03:20 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:51 AM