The Truth Why Modern Music Is So Awful
fkalich
Jun 8 2018, 03:00 AM
GMC:er

Obviously a well known youtube site, he has over 2 million subscribers. A lot of interesting and intelligently presented videos. The one on AI is frightening.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jun 8 2018, 03:03 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
klasaine
Jun 11 2018, 03:42 PM
I agree with Rammikin. Pop music is not nearly as 'pop' - as in popular - as it used to be. Instagram, Snapchat and your phone dominate almost the entirety of pop culture and commercial society today.

Music in general dominated the culture of those under 35 in the 60s, 70s and 80s. You defined yourself and you were absolutely defined by who and what you listened too. Culturally, today, music is such a minor part of all that. There's no comparison. *There was also a huge raft of absolute shit pop music that most folks have completely forgotten about (for good reason - it was horrible).

Same old story. "Yesterday was better than today."
Please - you know how many times I've heard that in my life - ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jun 11 2018, 05:59 PM

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 11 2018, 06:38 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 11 2018, 09:42 AM) *
Music in general dominated the culture of those under 35 in the 60s, 70s and 80s. You defined yourself and you were absolutely defined by who and what you listened too. Culturally, today, music is such a minor part of all that. There's no comparison. *There was also a huge raft of absolute shit pop music that most folks have completely forgotten about (for good reason - it was horrible).

Same old story. "Yesterday was better than today."
Please - you know how many times I've heard that in my life - ?

I'm more thinking, "no, it is not that I am older, it really is total crap". Pop music from the past, at least pre disco, shares a similar perspective to me that Ronald Regan has in retrospect, "wasn't perfect, but compared to what we have today, does not look all that bad anymore".

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:36 PM