Opinion On Zakk Wylde Wah (dunlop)
iamblackmo
Feb 8 2010, 06:56 AM
GMC:er
I have been using a very old, bottom level crybaby so I purchased a Zakk Wylde Signature dunlop wah. I did not really do my research before purchasing the item but I liked it's throaty tone when I was demoing it.

My question is: I have to return the power supply because it was not the right one but I am now considering exchanging the Zakk Wylde
for another Crybaby.

Any suggestions? I want a versatile wah that can give me the Slash tone and the same throaty tone I was getting from this Zakk Wylde pedal.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Feb 8 2010, 02:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
I really loved my Zakk Wylde Crybaby - The sound can be smooth or harsh, the sweep range is great and it handles high gain and drop tunings without a problem. The original fasel conductor gives it a classic Wah tone!

I only sold mine because I wanted a Wah with a boost option so I went for the Dimebag Darrel Wah...

Imho the Zakk Wah is the closest to a Slash sound, even closer than the Slash wah (which is just bad -.-)!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 8 2010, 02:57 PM
Instructor
535Q is very similar to Zakk one, it has the Q and volume knobs and range adjustment feature. It's a good wah that will do some cool sharp cuts.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 20 2010, 05:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Feb 8 2010, 02:24 PM) *
the sweep range is great and it handles high gain and drop tunings without a problem. The original fasel conductor gives it a classic Wah tone!

that is what I'm looking for

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Feb 20 2010, 05:52 PM
Learning Tone Master
Try it Daniel it sounds really cool, if you need a Wah that handles high gain and droptunings well AND has adjustment features then go for the DimeBag Darrel Wah!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:31 PM