Distorted And Fretted Violin!
Darius Wave
Jul 31 2013, 03:32 PM
Instructor

I've also seen some dude playing pure guitar metal on the 6string violin but couldn't find now...How cool is that ?biggrin.gif I always admire the control of tone a nd sustain You have while using a bow. I was thinking about making myself similar thing for a long time. Unfortunately it's too expensive for just "another toy"...I don't know any factory stuff like this. I only saw some manufacturers doing single ones...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 31 2013, 04:23 PM
Instructor
Imagine how cool it could have been to see Nicolo Paganini playing this distorted violin...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 31 2013, 06:30 PM
Instructor
He Would be the Devil himnself biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 31 2013, 06:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jul 31 2013, 03:32 PM) *

I've also seen some dude playing pure guitar metal on the 6string violin but couldn't find now...How cool is that ?biggrin.gif I always admire the control of tone a nd sustain You have while using a bow. I was thinking about making myself similar thing for a long time. Unfortunately it's too expensive for just "another toy"...I don't know any factory stuff like this. I only saw some manufacturers doing single ones...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 31 2013, 07:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jul 31 2013, 02:30 PM) *
He Would be the Devil himnself biggrin.gif

haha definitely!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 5 2013, 06:59 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 31 2013, 09:35 AM) *

+1 for Mark Wood!, I remember this guy from the 90's, I have his album Voodoo Violence, he also makes these electric violins, some in the 6 string variety.

http://www.woodviolins.com/html/products.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Wood_%28violinist%29

PS: That guy in the video you posted Darius, looks to be a Mark Wood violin he is playing. I believe that is the Viper ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Aug 5 2013, 07:28 PM

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
Aug 5 2013, 09:12 PM
GMC:er
DUDES!!!! if you think thats cool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf2aIVKp1OY

i would love to have been in a pre-electricity metal band

--------------------
Carvin 6 string bass (walnut neck and body w/burl maple top)
Carvin 5 string AE fretless bass(mahogany neck and body w/ quilt maple top)
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
Washburn 5 string acoustic bass
Hartke HA3500 w/ 4-10x1-15
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 6 2013, 09:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (waynedcoville @ Aug 5 2013, 08:12 PM) *
DUDES!!!! if you think thats cool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf2aIVKp1OY

i would love to have been in a pre-electricity metal band

I was at their gig in Poland a few years ago. They are awesome but the thread I made is not just about playing violin or cello with distortion - I was interested in some weird, instruments mods like adding the frets and extra strings to the violin smile.gif I have a violin a t home and can play very very simple things...mostly based on guitar licks biggrin.gif I found that playing with a bow give some extra flavour - You feel every note even when it sustain. On guitar we hit the note and wait while it sustains. On the violin we have a full control of tone and volume while every milisecond of sustain. This is awesome smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 6 2013, 09:35 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yes - this is a very cool trick. I"m amazed how guitar can emulate the sound of violin when used with a bow.

Check out video part 7 of this lesson : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/30-countries/

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 6 2013, 10:15 AM
Instructor
I was trying same thing but my guitar surface hurts - bow works a bit like a wood file...

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Aug 6 2013, 12:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
If that wasn't a video, I'd be convinced that's a guitar playing! Nonetheless, it's really awesome. It reminds me of a time my friends and I got a ukulele with a pickup, and put it through a bit crusher and distortion and got some really weird tones from it..

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:59 AM