> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Jul 14 2015, 09:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Gab,

Tone is really hard unsure.gif

Ok here is another go, no practise on this solo tonight, I spent ages re-amping this little take, so many combinations wacko.gif

I changed the cab and used a clone of Shure SM57 and I switched off the compressor. I completely fluffed the tapped harmonics but never mind eh? This is a tone search rolleyes.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/new-amp-setup

Might try a Fender Bassman next. Been reading about amps and it seems to be the daddy of cream smile.gif

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 14 2015, 09:58 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 15 2015, 03:01 PM
Instructor
Much better mate! I hope that you get the idea of how important are the amp, cabinet and mic choice when designing a guitar tone. This happens with virtual plug ins and with real amps so this is a learning process for both things. I recommend you to keep on exploring and experimenting with variations.

A good way to do it is to check the real gear used by the guitarists you like and then use the emulated versions of this stuff. Once you get the "colour", you can adjust EQ and other settings to get closer.

Finally, another trick to get more sustain without making the sound dirtier is adding a tube screamer (emulated or not) before the amp. You can do it adding it at the stomp sections of this software of you can add it in the chain of the guitar channel. Here you have a free tube screamer: https://www.tseaudio.com/software/tse808

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 15 2015, 09:12 PM
Thanks Gab,
Where do I put the dll file????

No practise tonight, we went for a meal and there was a big promotion on for the new look and the new menu. Many free drinks as we are regulars wink.gif

I'll try tomorrow but have to pack for my trip to Portugal on Friday.

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 16 2015, 03:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 15 2015, 05:12 PM) *
Thanks Gab,
Where do I put the dll file????

No practise tonight, we went for a meal and there was a big promotion on for the new look and the new menu. Many free drinks as we are regulars wink.gif

I'll try tomorrow but have to pack for my trip to Portugal on Friday.

Cheers buddy.

Hi mate! You have to put it on the vst plug ins folder in the program subfolder of your computer. There you should find .dll of other plug ins that you are already using with reaper. Paste it there, and check it reaper find it when open it again.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 16 2015, 08:51 PM
Thanks Gab,

I can't get it to show in Cakewalk but I can in Reaper, my Darius solo project is in Cakewalk so I need to create the same Amplitube model in Reaper rolleyes.gif Had a practise tonight but not recorded as time is short with packing my stuff for Portugal. Driving to the airport hotel tomorrow afternoon then meal and wine in the evening with morning flight to Portugal on Saturday. I'll be back August 1st, I'll be in the forum most days though. I'll leave you with a band that is still one of my favourites, as time goes on I appreciate them more and more, as I kid I just loved their energy but now i love everything about them, particularly the sax.
Enjoy.

Let's Submerge

It's dark and eerie
And it's really late
Come on kids don't hesitate
We're going down to the underground
We're going down we're going down
To the underground

The hades ladies are dressed to kill
Dagger glares from Richard Hell
Tension heightening really frightening
Thunder rolls as fast as lightening
If you've got the urge
Come on let's submerge

It's dark and eerie
And it's really late
To the underground

It's dark and eerie
And it's really late
To the underground

The sub terrain is a bottomless pit
The vinyl vultures are after it
Molten lava sulphur vapours
Smoulder on to obliterate us
If you've got the urge

Come on let's submerge

Art I Ficial

I know I'm artificial
But don't put the blame on me
I was reared with appliances
In a consumer society

When I put on my make-up
The pretty little mask not me
Cos that's the way a girl should be
In a consumer society

Existence is elusive
The kind that is supported
By mechanical resources

Existence is elusive
By mechanical resources

I wanna be instamatic
I wanna be a frozen pea
I wannna be dehydrated
In a consumer society

In a consumer society
In a consumer society

Existence is elusive
By mechanical resources
Existence is elusive
By mechanical resources

Genetic Engineering

Genetic engineering
Could create the perfect race
Create an unknown life-force
That could us exterminate

Introducing worker clone
As our subordinated slave
Whose expertise proficiency
Will surely dig our grave

It's so very tempting
Will biologists resist
When he becomes the creator
Will he let us exist

Bionic man is jumping
Through the television set
He's about to materialize
And guess who's coming next

Genetic engineering
Could create the perfect race
Create an unknown life-force
That could us exterminate

It's so very tempting
Will biologists resist
When he becomes the creator
Will he let us exist

Cheers Gab,

See you in a couple of weeks

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2015, 04:25 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Have a great time at Portugal! Thanks for the music. I didn't know them, I'm checking and sound cool. I'll listen all the songs while I do some forum work. Thanks! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 17 2015, 05:10 PM
Thanks Gab

Let me know what you think of X Ray Spex please. You have a connection as they have a female singer wink.gif

Cheers buddy

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 17 2015, 06:52 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 20 2015, 02:59 PM
Instructor
Cool band. I can imagine that they have influenced many punk and rock girls bands. I like their energy but get a bit tired of the vocals after some songs... does this happen to you?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 20 2015, 05:14 PM
Funny you say that about the vocals, I do find them sometimes repetitive but I tend to focus on the sax and rhythm. She was a trained opera singer. She was only 18 when she wrote those songs so maybe that is where the lyrics are limited. I love the way she sings the words "c'mon let's submerge", something about how she sings those three words with a sense of purpose. The pitch of her voice does grind on me sometimes if I'm not in the right mood though. She died in 2011.
Thanks for listening, hope you got something from it smile.gif
Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2015, 05:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 20 2015, 01:14 PM) *
Funny you say that about the vocals, I do find them sometimes repetitive but I tend to focus on the sax and rhythm. She was a trained opera singer. She was only 18 when she wrote those songs so maybe that is where the lyrics are limited. I love the way she sings the words "c'mon let's submerge", something about how she sings those three words with a sense of purpose. The pitch of her voice does grind on me sometimes if I'm not in the right mood though. She died in 2011.
Thanks for listening, hope you got something from it smile.gif
Cheers

Yeah! Thank you for sharing. It's always great to hear new music. To continue with this sharing spirit, I'd like to share the music of one of the best rock/pop artists from my country who unfortunately has died this year. His name is Gustavo Cerati, please listen to his music and if possible translate the lyrics.

La espera me agotó
no se nada de vos
dejaste tanto en mí
En llamas me acosté
y en un lento degradé
supe que te perdí

¿Qué otra cosa puedo hacer?
si no olvido, moriré
y otro crimen quedará
otro crimen quedará
sin resolver

Una rápida traición
y salimos del amor
tal vez me lo busqué.

Mi ego va a estallar
ahí donde no estás
oh… los celos otra vez

¿Qué otra cosa puedo hacer?
si no olvido moriré
y otro crimen quedará
otro crimen quedará
sin resolver.

No lo sé
cuanto falta no lo sé
si es muy tarde no lo sé
si no olvido, moriré
que otra cosa puedo hacer?
que otra cosa puedo hacer?

Ahora sé lo que es perder

Otro crimen quedará
otro crimen quedará
sin resolver

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 21 2015, 11:03 PM
Thanks for that Gab,
I wasn't too keen on the one you shared but I did look on youtube and found one I did like, it is called "adios". I will look for more. I can't really translate as I am on my phone so not easy.
I have lots to share with you but I only share if I think you will get some influence from what I send. Maybe rhythm, maybe arrangement, maybe anything wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 22 2015, 02:35 PM
Instructor
Yeah, his music is so wide! The lyrics of adios are awesome... there is part that says something like "being able to say goodbye, is growing up"

You'll find stuff like this one that is a mix of rock with latin american rhythm:

or you'll find rocker stuff like this one:

but maybe you're more connected with more hard rock stuff?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 22 2015, 05:21 PM
Thanks Gab,

I didn't notice the concert video on your first share. I've watched some, I love the guitar solo on the first track. Also on the other shares I really like Cactus, also Circle Of Fire is great, I have guessed the translation on that one, I think I can hear Cirse in there somewhere smile.gif Nene de Antes with its reggae rhythm is refreshing, not keen on Almafuerte-A Vos Amigo but as you know, some things grow on you and end up being your favourite even if you weren't keen at first.
I'll definitely be getting some of his stuff. He has given me ideas but I need to develop the skill to put my ideas into my fingers.

I'll share some stuff when I get back. It's tricky on a phone.

Have you heard of Diamond Head? They are very local to me, only 3 miles, my friend's brother was their personal manager. They are one of Lars Ulrich's favourite bands. Lars became so much of a fan in the early days that he used to stay with them when he came to watch them. It must have felt odd a few years ago when Diamond Head supported Metallica at a UK show.
From wiki:
In 1981, Ulrich discovered British heavy metal band Diamond Head. He was excited about the band's style of music after purchasing their debut album Lightning to the Nations (1980). He traveled from San Francisco to London to see the band perform live at the Woolwich Odeon. Ulrich remains a fan of Diamond Head and mixed its album The Best of Diamond Head.[8] Upon returning to America, Ulrich placed an ad in a local newspaper looking for musicians to start a band with him. James Hetfield replied to the ad, and Metallica was formed.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 22 2015, 05:54 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 23 2015, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Awesome story mate! I've never paid too much attention to Diamond Head, just heard their name on documentaries. I'm right now listening to the song "Am I evil" and I'm liking it. I can see that they have influenced many popular bands... as it happened with Anvil.

Are they still playing? Are they still living close from your house? You should take a picture with them! There guys are legends. biggrin.gif

PS: I can hear a lot of first Metallica album on them...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 23 2015, 04:22 PM
Anvil! I used to love Metal On Metal smile.gif
I think Diamond Head are still going but not the original line up. Brian Tatler the original guitarist gives guitar lessons at his home, well he was a few years ago.
I like Borrowed Time and To Heaven From Hell as well as many others.
Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 24 2015, 01:44 PM
Instructor
I'll check those too. I played many songs by them on Spotify. I noticed that they went into a more "radio" sound in some moments. However I prefer their most Thrash style. It's very cool.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 3 2015, 09:05 PM
Hello Gab,

Ok, here are my answers to the ear training assignment 9. This was the hardest so far, I'll be surprised if any are correct. This took my whole practise session rolleyes.gif Maybe my ears have gone off a bit while I've been away??? Intervals played harmonically are so difficult to get I think but that's why I'm here smile.gif

1 3rd D F
2 3rd D F
3 8th D D
4 3rd D F
5 4th D G
6 8th D D
7 7th D C
8 6th D Bb
9 8th D D
10 3rd D F

Cheers Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 4 2015, 01:34 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, there are 6 wrong ones. Please keep on working on this.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 4 2015, 02:10 PM
Thanks Gab

Be prepared for ten different answers. I wasn't sure of any rolleyes.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 4 2015, 09:02 PM
Hello Gab, more answers. I am trying to match notes in the D minor scale ( D, E, F, G, A, B♭, and C) but am confused as you said "played harmonically", does this mean the harmonic minor scale in D (D, E, F, G, A, B♭, and C#). This is not from my knowledge, I pulled it off the internet to help me out a bit wink.gif

These answers show how unsure I am because more than 6 are different. Hopefully on average they are closer. I felt a little bit more confident this time around, still bloody hard though laugh.gif I enjoy these a lot as it is like a puzzle but they take me a lot of time so I neglect other stuff but I guess the ear is one of, if not the, most important aspect to train?

1: 6th D Bb
2: 3rd D F
3: 6th D Bb
4: 8th D D
5: 7th D C
6: 8th D D
7: 3rd D F
8: 6th D Bb
9: 7th D C
10: 3rd D F

Cheers Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:38 AM