2 Pages V  < 1 2  
The Problem With Squirrels !
mattacuk
Jun 23 2008, 12:16 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 23 2008, 11:59 AM) *
Matt, there was another thread with someone who attached firecrackers to someones legs. Perhaps that's something you could apply here... the squirrel has a long inviting tail. blink.gif

LOL! I couldnt do that to a helpless animal......... or could I unsure.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jun 23 2008, 12:19 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Helpless?!?!?

Those grey murderers scaring off all our beautiful red squirrels sad.gif

You know; those grey things are living in the insulation of my friend's house- they're huuuuge. We're having a big problem trying to get them out sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 23 2008, 04:03 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well maybe you could feed them too with more "inviting" food in a different place smile.gif But in a long run that can worsen the problem laugh.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 23 2008, 04:07 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 23 2008, 05:03 PM) *
Well maybe you could feed them too with more "inviting" food in a different place smile.gif But in a long run that can worsen the problem laugh.gif

Hmm not a bad idea! Put out small pieces of flesh - Give em a taste for meat laugh.gif

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jun 23 2008, 04:45 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (timono @ Jun 22 2008, 04:32 PM) *
i love squirrles, but maybe it is because it is because i rarely see them...

Hey, same here!

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jun 23 2008, 05:36 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jun 22 2008, 04:33 AM) *
What am I going to do about him unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif

Adding an alternative feeding area for the squirrels is one way to handle it. If they find something that's easier, they'll go there instead of working so hard for the bird seed. Most of the things you can do to keep the away from that feeder is going to need redoing the feeder. One thing I've seen that works well is to hang the feeder from a straight arm, poke a hole in the bottom of a plastic water bottle and put the arm through it before you put the feeder on. They step on the bottle, the bottle turns out from under them. Everntually they figure out that it's not worth the fall.

We tend to feed them where I live and sometimes they just come to hang out. I have a lot of nut trees in my yard though so they're out there whether I feed them or not.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Canis
Jun 23 2008, 06:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
You could get another hobby: Squirrel Stuffing. All you need is a boxing glove and a bag. (A cookie if you get the reference ^^)

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 23 2008, 06:33 PM
Now I know!!!!

You got this kind of squirrel, right?
Attached Image

all you have to do now is get a coupe of these!!!!!! laugh.gif
Attached Image

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 23 2008, 06:37 PM
Lets go fishing!
awsome squirrels MickeM laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Harris Sopovic
Jun 23 2008, 09:19 PM
Instructor
Squirrels creep me out. I hate the feeling of being watched by something in a tree while walking through a park. They are evil i tell you.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 23 2008, 09:30 PM
QUOTE (Harris Sopovic @ Jun 23 2008, 10:19 PM) *
I hate the feeling of being watched by something in a tree while walking through a park.

I've got to stop doing that sad.gif

+Quote Post
steve25
Jun 23 2008, 09:34 PM
QUOTE (Harris Sopovic @ Jun 23 2008, 09:19 PM) *
Squirrels creep me out. I hate the feeling of being watched by something in a tree while walking through a park. They are evil i tell you.

Sorry, i'll stop hiding in trees and watching people from now on

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jun 23 2008, 09:37 PM
QUOTE (Harris Sopovic @ Jun 23 2008, 10:19 PM) *

Ooooh it all makes a lot more sense now!

Squirrels are the cause of all evil! laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jun 24 2008, 01:13 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Just put poison in the food, stop the birds from eating and enjoy seeing the beast die laugh.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 24 2008, 01:28 AM
i enjoy squirls.. at home in london there are lots of them.. on campus in toronto all we get are robins.. stupid robins.. just watching.. with those beedy little black eyes.. ROBINS ARE THE TRUE EVIL!.. which is why i encourage the develupment of squirl feeders rather than bird feeders... smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jul 24 2008, 09:34 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
I had squirrels getting in my tomato plants. I read somewhere that cayene pepper would keep them away so I thew it around the plant.
No more squirrels smile.gif

Prior to the pepper I had purchased some pellets for my airrifle as the last resort.
Attached Image
I wuz gunna hunt fa' skwirrels biggrin.gif

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jul 24 2008, 09:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
I rarely saw squirrels and never was near them. sad.gif I´d love to see some playing in my garden. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 24 2008, 09:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Squirrels.... I read in a book that they're planning world dominance... Screw "War of the Worlds" and "Day After Tomorrow"... The next big movie concept will be: "When Squirrels Attack!"

--------------------

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jul 24 2008, 10:31 PM
I have tons of squirrels in my yard. I love them!!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:29 PM