> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 117 118 119 120 121 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2020, 02:34 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, thanks for the update! I'm sorry about this, but I think it's the best thing you can do.

Please keep me informed!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 8 2020, 09:09 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Some times the only road is the hard road.

I've sent you a pm on Facebook with a lesson style suggestion, couldn't post it here.

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 8 2020, 03:27 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 8 2020, 03:02 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! I've just check it! I love that vid and I think that it's a very good idea!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 12 2020, 07:49 PM
Hello Gab,

Update, I've just tried the SRV lesson and still can't vibrato the chords, I didn't expect to as I still have weakness in my left arm but it is getting better. As always, the last 20% of recovery seems to take 80% of the time for the total recovery. If I flex my left bicep, a lot of it is still soft whereas my right bicep is very firm. This tells me, I think, that many of the muscle fibres aren't being triggered by the related nerves, this has likely caused parts of the bicep to wither. I'll report this finding to the consultant tomorrow, it may need some electro-stimulation which I can do at home at a certain level.

We'll get there.

I sent you another video of that girl again today via Facebook messenger, I know you're following her on Insta but I had to send it, she is so good and inspiring.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2020, 02:48 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Thanks for the update! Patient is the key now. Take care my friend!

I'm now going to check that girl's new jam! Thanks for sending it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 18 2020, 10:19 PM
Hello Gab,

I don't know if you've seen this thread https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=61126 but anyway, we're there now, been a long day, like moving into a new home really, four hour drive, unpacking and setting up 43"TV, microwave, kettle, toaster, coffee machine, plates, cups, mugs, pots, pans, towels, pillows, bedding, food, wine, beer etc etc. Unfortunately I couldn't safely get a guitar in the car, the boot (trunk) was so full I really struggled to close it, the back seat was full with cooler bags of food with the 43"tv sitting across behind the front seats on the transmission tunnel. The bags were held in place by the seatbelts but the guitar would have had to sit loose on top of everything, dangerous if I'd have had to do an emergency stop at 80mph it could have flown through to the front and took us out wacko.gif At least my neck /shoulder issue held up to it all.

I'm a bit gutted I couldn't bring the guitar as I'd bought a new Focusrite Scarlett Solo as an interface but it is what it is, this holiday home is licensed on this site for 17 years so there's plenty of time, we're not getting on a plane for a while and maybe we'll like this so much we take most holidays here so the guitar can come now we've kitted it out.

I do still have a problem sliding towards the headstock and doing vibrato on chords so maybe it's not such a big deal. My luthier friend has my SRV guitar, I'm having Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky strings, five springs on the trem, set for a normal Strat float in D standard so should be okay in SRVs favoured tuning of a half step down.

I reckon my shoulder/neck problem will take at least another four weeks to completely clear but after this two week holiday I think I'll be able to steadily get back into serious practise.

Cheers buddy
Speak soon

Stay safe

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 18 2020, 10:35 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 20 2020, 02:41 PM
Instructor
Nice Phil! This sounds like a great idea during these weird times! And it's nice to know that you have guitar gear to practice and record.

From what I can see at google, that's a beautiful city! Love the pics!

Enjoy your vacation my friend!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 20 2020, 10:41 PM
Thanks Gab,

The whole county of Pembrokeshire is lovely. I've put some pictures on Insta from today, more will be coming.

Unfortunately I just couldn't safely get the guitar in the car see HERE, but this static caravan is licensed for 17 years on this site so, if we fall in love with it, we may only take one or two single week holidays abroad per year at the most. There's so many places to visit here.

Here is what I wake up to each morning, the trees and the bridge over the babbling brook, lovely, tranquil, calming.

Cheers buddy, speak soon, stay safe.

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 21 2020, 07:22 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2020, 06:06 PM
Instructor
Cool! I'm curious about the 17 years licence. What does it mean? How does it work? I don't see this feature in my country...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 21 2020, 09:01 PM
Thanks Gab,

When you buy a static caravan on a park, the park operator/owner obviously wants to keep a nice park for future years. ... This is to safeguard the future of the park from unsafe, run-down static caravans bringing down the standard of the park. The pitch licence can range from 10 – 20 years depending on the park/company. More HERE.

This park used to allow only 10 years but upped it to 17, as ours is brand new we get the full 17 years. There is one next door for sale and that only has three years left so it is going fairly cheap. The static caravans are not permanent residency, you can't legally live all year round on a holiday park. By definition a holiday park is not allowed to be used as a permanent residential address. ... Static caravans and lodges on holiday parks are designed to be used as holiday homes rather than primary addresses or a place of permanent residence.

Having said that, the lodges here aren't located in the same area, they are on the hill above in three separate areas and have been given three different area names, they have a 99 year license and you can live in them all year round.

I've also sent you a PM to look at wink.gif

Speak soon.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 22 2020, 03:11 PM
Instructor
That's cool Phil! I think that it's a good idea nowadays that covid makes more dangerous to travel by plane. From what I know, flights are now active in Europe but it's still not recommendable to take them nowadays.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 3 2020, 09:41 PM
Hello mate,

Right, while I've been away I've had my Strat set up with 12s set at standard D, it feels great, you have to work it but I'm sure once I get some strength back it will be fine.

I'm going to start working on strengthening this arm /shoulder for a few days, it's still not perfect but it could take months so I might as well try, the last few % always take the longest or cost the most in practically anything in life.

Speak soon buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 4 2020, 01:55 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! That's cool! You are now ready to play some modern metal! biggrin.gif

Now seriously, this is not standard D, it's standard Eb, but the deepness of the sound is very enjoyable.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 4 2020, 08:01 PM
Wow, thanks Gab, that bloke can play cool.gif

Gave the arm/shoulder some training tonight, both resistance and guitar, seemed to hold out okay, few more days and I'll be ready to start on the SRV track again.

I'm going to my holiday home at the weekend, we've had a pensioner do some treatment on the decking for us, he does it for pocket money so needs paying cash wink.gif Going on Friday, back on Sunday but I'm taking my holiday setup with me, MiM HSH Strat with coil taps, my main laptop (the powerful one that runs TH-U with 32gb RAM wink.gif ) and my new Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen so I'll be able to get some practise in down there too wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 5 2020, 06:26 PM
Instructor
Nice! It sounds that you'll have a nice weekend! smile.gif

Don't miss my new Dark Blues Rock lesson!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 6 2020, 09:12 PM
I've had a look at that lesson, it's a level 7 though buddy blink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 7 2020, 03:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 6 2020, 05:12 PM) *
I've had a look at that lesson, it's a level 7 though buddy blink.gif

Yes! but those are isolated licks so maybe you can learn those that are at your level and you like. (first two ones for example).

Also, it would be cool to see you in this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry779369

biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 7 2020, 09:19 PM
I'll have a go at both while I'm down here in Wales this weekend, it's probably going to be too hot for me all day tomorrow so I'll have a couple of sessions inside where it's cool while my wife sunbathes wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 8 2020, 04:10 PM
Hello Gab,

I'm pretty dissappointed, I was trying out my holiday home setup, my shoulder problem seemed much much better but if you watch this video you can see that I still can't slide down the neck whilst holding a chord, even a power chord. I suppose I'll have to get some more help from someone, I think I will need more than a video consultation now which I'm a little bit uneasy about to be honest.

I can probably do some lessons that don't move chords around for the time being.

https://youtu.be/OeXWGCcyiS8

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 8 2020, 04:14 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 8 2020, 07:33 PM
Instructor
Oh yes, I think that the best would be to visit a professional who can help you with this. We are living tricky times to go to the doctor but maybe you can find any that can help you. Is it possible?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 117 118 119 120 121 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:13 AM