Inspirational Darius
Phil66
Aug 28 2017, 08:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello folks,

I find the video below very inspiring when, like the last few weeks since returning from my holiday in France, I find it hard to get my mojo back and my practise back on track.

The video is about a discussion back in 2015 about the REC scoring system BUT, Darius makes some very very good points about skill development that actually make you feel better, make you feel less of an underachiever and make you realise, you probably aren't as bad as you think you are.

It's worth 12 minutes of your time, you may get something out of it even if you think the subject matter doesn't apply to you. I always search for this video when I feel I'm losing my way with my guitar playing.

Go to 3:07 for the main part about skill levels etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuYJUVNfo-8

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 2 2017, 08:30 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 29 2017, 12:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
Darek is definitely one of the most wise guys that I ever saw. He always know what to say. His motivational videos, words, explanations, his points of view, can heal a student "breakdown" smile.gif

Of course until now he can not found a cure for laziness of the students but it's understandable because he is still a human biggrin.gif Joking aside, I gathered over the years a bunch of wise things (from my private messages with Darek) that he said to me and in my "bad guitar moments", when I feel that I loose my confidence in my skills, I start to read them. In few minutes I'm ready to return myself at a very demanding practice because his golden words always bring me back on the good road. I don't know how he succeed this but everytime when I had a problem, his words/explanations made miracles smile.gif

Also a huge help for me to keep my mood positive is the fact that I don't want to disappoint my instructor because I know how much he believe in my skills and how much hours he spend with me to learn me amazing things.

I have always worked in this way: when the instructor have very high expectations from me, I do my best to satisfy his requirements and I will dedicate all my time for practice. More demand from his side, more ambition from my side smile.gif
If he's requirements get down.... I also go down and I will totally loose the balance. In my case it works great only when a team work (instructor/student) exist. Now I'm happy because in 4 years, me and Darek succeeded to build a solid team and this help us to come up with good results.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:33 AM