Multi Or Normal?, What should I get?
kaznie_NL
Jan 6 2008, 01:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm a beginner guitar player and I'd like to experiment a bit with effects. I have some questions.
1. Is it smart to start playing with effect for a beginner
2. I don't have much to spend (80 euros max) what's best? buy loose pedals or buy a multieffect?
- if multi what do you think of this one?
- if loose pedals. What's a great one to start with?

thnx in advance

Kaz

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
MickeM
Jan 6 2008, 01:56 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
For sure you should use effects! That's part of the learning aswell and the certainly sound as good to your ears whether you're a beginner or a pro.

You'd definitly save a lot of money if you buy a mfx pedal. My experience is that the effects in a mfx come out less nice sounding than analog stomp boxes. By my experiences with mfx goes way back in time. The ones in the market today seem to be very good!

I you get pedals I think you'd have the advantage of a better sound and you can also see in front of your eyes the knobs and what happens when you turn them. Mfx imho can be difficult so get a quick overview of.

A mfx will be cheaper in the end though. The 80 Euros you have gives you what, one stomp box? Or an entire mfx unit with all the effects you need from Digitech. That you probably also can play through headphones.

I've read a lot of positive reviews on the AX3G and if I don't remember wrong it has the same audio chip as it's big brother. I think it's all worth buying that one!
If you still decide on several stomp boxes you could fit a few Behringer into your budget. Plastic and all but the inside is good. They come with an upkeep cost of 9V batteris though. Or you have to buy power adaptors so the cost is not only for the pedal itself.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jan 6 2008, 01:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thnx for the great explanation and quick respond.
Looking at this I'd go for the AX3G.

thnx kaz

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2008, 07:10 PM
Instructor
This Korg seems like a nice buy for a first multieffect unit., Go for it. I wouldn't suggest to spend all youe money just for one pedal effect. Buy this one and experiment a bit. It is a good first step.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 6 2008, 08:07 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
If you don't want to wait and want to experiment its ok to buy a multieffects unit (I would go for a cheapest possible solution with though)..But its ok just for a first step, single pedals are much better than multieffects..Its ok to use effects as a begginer...But now I thought and I think if you don't need all the effects now , I would suggest you to buy a wah pedal.Look for Dunlop Crybaby classic I think its in your price range...Thats a very fun effect and also high quality so you won't have to sell it afterwards...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
erik
Jan 6 2008, 08:23 PM
GMC:er
yeah, buy something cheap. For 80 euros you will have to replace it eventually anyway. And when that time comes, you will probably know what effects you need. Eventually I would advice you to get this pedalboard and some well chosen stompboxes. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 6 2008, 10:25 PM
Instructor
go to the multible finally you will need it

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jan 8 2008, 03:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
New question!
The AX3G is 59 euros, that's 90$ or the AX5G Which is 123$. The diffrence is that the AX5G has a foot pedle. It can be used for volumed, Wah or other parameters..
is it worth the 35$ diffrence?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 8 2008, 04:13 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wah is a really cool effect.

I don't know what quality will the AX5G Wah have.

Are you buying this on a local shop or online? If it's a local shop go there and try it, to see if you like it. If it's online try to find some review online, and see what they comment about it. I found these just now, I'm sure there are plenty more out there:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/gui...ax5g/index.html

http://reviews.pricegrabber.com/guitar-effects/m/28426287/

A volume pedal is nice to have too.

I would get it with the pedal, that way you'll have more effects to use.

See which ones you like the most, and if you keep playing get stand alone pedals in the future for those effects.

Good luck smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:27 AM