3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Are You Lost? Do You Need A Guitar Plan?
Skizik
Jun 13 2016, 01:33 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I would LOVE to join if there is still any room available! If not then please put me on a waiting list! lol. I absolutely LOVE your lessons Gabriel you are a huge inspiration to me! Here is a little information about myself:

I'm 28 years old, I will be 29 in September. I first started playing guitar when I was 18. I play many different styles - acoustic and electric.

Right now I just have 2 acoustic guitars but I will be buying an electric either in 4 or 6 weeks once I have enough saved. My friends want to start a band again (this will be our 3rd attempt at doing so) and I want to make sure that we do it right this time. I am ready to work my @$$ off to get as good as I can as fast as I can. Music is my greatest love in life and I want to make a career out of it. Its what I want most in the entire world.

I am currently working on lessons such as Malaguena (ive completed this one and a few others), Greensleeves, Lanigan's ball, house of the rising sun lesson and a few others as well as some covers of some green day, chili peppers, silverstein and stuff like that.

I just dropped my hours at work and I am only working Fri, Sat and Tuesday right now solely for the purpose of maximizing the time I have to practice.

My friend recommended a ESP LTD for when I buy my electric but I also wanted to ask your advice... post-hardcore is my favorite genre of music and some of my favorite bands include Silverstein ( whose acoustic stuff I also LOVE), old a day to remember, old Asking Alexandria, I See Stars, Like Moths to Flames, old The Word Alive, old In Fear and Faith, old Sonic Syndicate, Eskimo Callboy, Bring me the Horizon, Crown the Empire and We Came as Romans. I LOVE playing acoustic versions of post-hardcore songs like Tears don't fall by Bullet for my Valentine and a bunch of stuff by Silverstein. One of the best things I play currently s Your Revolution is a joke by Funeral for a Friend (I use finger picking for this).

Some examples of bands I like outside the post-hardcore genre include Green Day, old Good Charlotte, Unwritten Law, Chili Peppers, Linkin Park, and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus as well as a slew of others.

One of the reasons I like playing acoustic so much is because I like to sing. I have been practicing singing a lot lately and I am starting to get decent which makes me very happy =)

I just checked out your band and I really like what I have heard so far! I took Spanish in high school and college and while I am not quite fluent I do speak it fairly well and continue to improve my Spanish language skills.

If you will have me, I will work my butt off for you. I will practice multiple hours per day and do everything you say. I truly think that I have the potential to be GREAT and one day in the not too distant future you will be able to say I taught him and I will brag about you like crazy =)

I am ready to work EXTREMELY hard... please consider me =)

Joe

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Skizik: Jun 13 2016, 01:48 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2016, 05:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Joe! Nice to meet you! smile.gif

I have opened a thread to start working with you. Please go to this link and check my questions there: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=57092

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Avalius
Jun 13 2016, 08:15 PM
GMC:er
Saw you're advertising on the forum and I'm always doing twenty different things at the same time.
I could use your guidance. Together you can help me to become the wizard of the axe! ;-)

This post has been edited by Avalius: Jun 13 2016, 08:59 PM

--------------------
"Where words fail, music speaks!"

+Quote Post
Skizik
Jun 14 2016, 07:05 AM
Awesome Gab thanks so much I have read the questions on the new post and I will answer them tonight and make some recordings for you! Thanks =)

Joe

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 14 2016, 03:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Avalius @ Jun 13 2016, 04:15 PM) *
Saw you're advertising on the forum and I'm always doing twenty different things at the same time.
I could use your guidance. Together you can help me to become the wizard of the axe! ;-)

Check your inbox in a moment! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 14 2016, 04:08 PM
Instructor
My mentoring threads are ON FIRE! Check them out HERE.

There is some more room to join, don't miss the chance! wink.gif

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jun 14 2016, 04:09 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
giorgiasudati
Jun 17 2016, 01:31 PM
I hope it's not too late... but I want to join! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 15 2016, 04:46 PM
Instructor
Hey everybody! There is more room to join my mentoring program.

I'm also experimenting with a new idea for customized assignments, check it out and let me know who is interested!

LINK: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=733724

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 17 2016, 09:31 AM
I have to say this new way is great, it really suits me. It covers multiple skills without having to learn lots of different things at different times.
Read through the posts from the link Gab put above to get a feel for how it works.
I think it could be good to also learn a GMC lesson in the key of the song you are learning so students can still, if they wish, post to REC.

Top idea Gab, thank you smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2016, 01:59 AM
Instructor
Thanks for your words Phil! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Stenchovdeth
Sep 28 2016, 09:10 AM
PM sent! cool.gif

--------------------

HUMANITY IS TEMPORARY || STRUGGLE IS FOREVER

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 28 2016, 07:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Stenchovdeth @ Sep 28 2016, 05:10 AM) *
PM sent! cool.gif

Message received! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
slitherspoon
Sep 30 2016, 06:46 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 12 2015, 04:43 PM) *
Hey everybody! I've seen new students joining the site and surfing the forum. This thread is to invite you and also remind to old GMCers that my mentoring program is open for everybody. There I can help you to design your guitar plans and routines based on your guitar goals and monitor your progress.

All you have to do is say "I want to join" here or sending me a PM.

Let's take your guitar playing to the next level!

I would like to join - what do you have to do?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 30 2016, 07:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (slitherspoon @ Sep 30 2016, 02:46 PM) *
I would like to join - what do you have to do?

Hi mate! Check out my PM! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 16 2016, 05:00 PM
Instructor
Hey everybody, this is a quick message for new GMCers. There are new open spots for my mentoring program. Just send me a personal message.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
guitaro
Nov 26 2016, 04:48 PM
I want to join!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 26 2016, 09:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (guitaro @ Nov 26 2016, 12:48 PM) *
I want to join!

I've just sent you a message!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
FunktheBlues
Nov 26 2016, 11:34 PM
Hey everybody! I've seen new students joining the site and surfing the forum. This thread is to invite you and also remind to old GMCers that my mentoring program is open for everybody. There I can help you to design your guitar plans and routines based on your guitar goals and monitor your progress.

Hey Gabriel....your thread could not have started at a better time. I am a member of 3 different online guitar sites and I have too much material available that it's now backfiring and almost paralyzing me to make any progress. have been playing guitar for 40 years and started playing again 2 years ago due to terrible accident that resulted in a brain injury, Drs wanted me to start using my brain again asked if I had any hobbies. I said yes, chess & guitar. PLayed over 3000 games of online chess and bought a cheap classical figuring Bach would be better to practice than Slayer. The passion of playing again hit me so hard I am more into playing guitar than anytime in my life.

I need an accountability couch and if you are willing to mentor me, that would be a blessing. I play blues, funk, classical, metal, and pretty much every style. I like players who are more tastier than shredders like late Gary Moore, Micheal Schenker when it comes to rock, like Scofield, Robben Ford for their "outside" sounds, plus Hendrix, Bomamassa, Morse, Beck all the greats. Just tell me when, what, & how to get going and I will not disappoint. Plus I am disabled due to accident so I have 10 hours a day to practice music.

God Bless

BobbyD

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2016, 06:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (FunktheBlues @ Nov 26 2016, 07:34 PM) *
Hey Gabriel....your thread could not have started at a better time. I am a member of 3 different online guitar sites and I have too much material available that it's now backfiring and almost paralyzing me to make any progress. have been playing guitar for 40 years and started playing again 2 years ago due to terrible accident that resulted in a brain injury, Drs wanted me to start using my brain again asked if I had any hobbies. I said yes, chess & guitar. PLayed over 3000 games of online chess and bought a cheap classical figuring Bach would be better to practice than Slayer. The passion of playing again hit me so hard I am more into playing guitar than anytime in my life.

I need an accountability couch and if you are willing to mentor me, that would be a blessing. I play blues, funk, classical, metal, and pretty much every style. I like players who are more tastier than shredders like late Gary Moore, Micheal Schenker when it comes to rock, like Scofield, Robben Ford for their "outside" sounds, plus Hendrix, Bomamassa, Morse, Beck all the greats. Just tell me when, what, & how to get going and I will not disappoint. Plus I am disabled due to accident so I have 10 hours a day to practice music.

God Bless

BobbyD

Hi Bobby! You are at the right place! smile.gif

Let's start working here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=57680

You'll find questions about the things that you've shared here, but also some other important stuff that I'd like to know about you.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Thannix
Dec 8 2016, 05:47 AM

I want to join

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:10 PM