6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
The Guitar Gym
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 1 2015, 02:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ChrisGLP @ Sep 30 2015, 03:18 PM) *
Wow Gab.... Super!! Many Thx... Exactly that was my Problem.... Very good Video... These 2 minutes Video are much more helpful than 10 guitar lessons anywhere.... smile.gif

Great to know it Chris!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Daeron @ Sep 30 2015, 03:39 PM) *
Ok, I understand much more ! Thank you !
So, you advice that we practise with a little distorsion, isn't it ? I can't make the string make a sound with just tapping with my clean sound. biggrin.gif

When practicing legato, there are two possibilities with different pros.

- Practice without distortion: You have to use enough strength to make the things sound. It is good to get stronger fingers.

- Practice with distortion: Easier to make things sound, but difficult to make everything sound clear and clean. This is really good to train your muting skills.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
slickster
Oct 7 2015, 02:07 AM
GMC:er
Is there a link to teach me how to read long legato licks.
I understand the basics, but when it comes to long ones, I'm not sure about..thx

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 7 2015, 01:39 PM
Instructor
Hi Slickster! Which exercise is giving problems?

These are some links that will help:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/How-To-Play-Pull-Offs/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/How-To-Play-Hammer-ons/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...r-23-Pull-Offs/
vhttps://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginners-Corner-22-Hammer-On/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...eginner-Legato/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
slickster
Oct 7 2015, 08:35 PM
Thx for the links, I hit the first one than as I was reading there was another link to hammer ons and pull offs..the problem is it keeps playing the main.

I just hit the top 3 links and on all of the it keeps playing the main, his this is bogner and in this lesson I will teach hammer ons..frustrating

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 8 2015, 04:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Slickster, I'm writing now a PM to check what's the problem with playing the lessons. Check it out!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Oct 8 2015, 10:28 PM
Hi,

I think I'm late to a bunch of nice threads in the forum. I would really like to improve my control over the instrument and improve sincronization and speed. Is it possible to join yet?

If the answer is Yes, could you please gabrield summarize where I should start at?

Cheers.

This post has been edited by JohnMathew: Oct 8 2015, 10:47 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 9 2015, 01:42 PM
Instructor
Hi John!

Off course you can join here, and it's up to you if you want to work on the first or second routine of the Guitar Gym during this week.

Also, if you'd like to have a full plan for each week, you can join my mentoring thread. Just let me know if you're interested and I'll contact you with details.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Oct 10 2015, 01:42 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 9 2015, 12:42 PM) *
Hi John!

Off course you can join here, and it's up to you if you want to work on the first or second routine of the Guitar Gym during this week.

Also, if you'd like to have a full plan for each week, you can join my mentoring thread. Just let me know if you're interested and I'll contact you with details.

Hi,

Yes, of course. I'm really interested in having a metal god as my mentor! biggrin.gif

Cheers.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 12 2015, 07:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JohnMathew @ Oct 9 2015, 09:42 PM) *
Hi,

Yes, of course. I'm really interested in having a metal god as my mentor! biggrin.gif

Cheers.

hehehe not a metal god, maybe a metal hard worker. biggrin.gif

how is the gym going guys?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Oct 12 2015, 08:08 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 12 2015, 06:32 PM) *
hehehe not a metal god, maybe a metal hard worker. biggrin.gif

Hi,

Excuse me Grabriel, are you receiving my PM? It seems something odd is happening with the board isn't it?

Cheers.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 12 2015, 08:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JohnMathew @ Oct 12 2015, 04:08 PM) *
Hi,

Excuse me Grabriel, are you receiving my PM? It seems something odd is happening with the board isn't it?

Cheers.

Hi John! Yes, received and answered! I've been away during the weekend because of some gigs with my band, that's why I've been a bit slower. Also check your new thread here: LINK

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
slickster
Oct 12 2015, 10:22 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 8 2015, 03:09 PM) *
Hi Slickster, I'm writing now a PM to check what's the problem with playing the lessons. Check it out!

Thx for asking, it's working fine now, thx! :-)

7h 5 7h 5 7h 5 7h 5.
How can this tab be correct?
Shouldn't it be a P for pull off. I think I got it 5 hammer on to 7...

This post has been edited by slickster: Oct 13 2015, 01:59 AM

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Oct 13 2015, 05:59 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 12 2015, 06:32 PM) *

Hi Gab,

I'm practising now for 3 weeks the guitar gym each day... at the beginning I've had pain in my left arm after practising one hour... but now, all is ok and I feel a real progress. I'm playing "more relaxed" now... (not only the Guitar Gym exercises)

At the moment it seems to me I've reached a "speed limit" for most of the exercises. For example Routine 2 Block 2 "Alternate picking". My "bpm-progress" is 80, 95, 105, 120, 125, 130, 132, end... but I hope that this is not really the end... we will see in a few weeks... cool.gif

+Quote Post
Daeron
Oct 13 2015, 07:51 AM
Learning Chord Basher
I don't really take note of my bpm progress but I practise the Gym every day and I feel much more easy with hammer-ons and pull-offs.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 13 2015, 02:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (slickster @ Oct 12 2015, 06:22 PM) *
Thx for asking, it's working fine now, thx! :-)

7h 5 7h 5 7h 5 7h 5.
How can this tab be correct?
Shouldn't it be a P for pull off. I think I got it 5 hammer on to 7...

Yes, it's a pull of. Where did you find it?

QUOTE (ChrisGLP @ Oct 13 2015, 01:59 AM) *
Hi Gab,

I'm practising now for 3 weeks the guitar gym each day... at the beginning I've had pain in my left arm after practising one hour... but now, all is ok and I feel a real progress. I'm playing "more relaxed" now... (not only the Guitar Gym exercises)

At the moment it seems to me I've reached a "speed limit" for most of the exercises. For example Routine 2 Block 2 "Alternate picking". My "bpm-progress" is 80, 95, 105, 120, 125, 130, 132, end... but I hope that this is not really the end... we will see in a few weeks... cool.gif

Awesome! Feel free to share some recordings to let me check how it sounds. Keep on the hard work!

QUOTE (Daeron @ Oct 13 2015, 03:51 AM) *
I don't really take note of my bpm progress but I practise the Gym every day and I feel much more easy with hammer-ons and pull-offs.

Great to know it! The same for you, feel free to share your takes here.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ImEmmaG
Oct 14 2015, 02:26 PM
Hello! I'm new here at GMC and I just started practising with these exercises.. AND ITS AWESOME. The pain, I love the pain LOL

I've just finished half hour practice with the first three blocks and it nearly killed my pinky.. but thankfully it's still rocking it! I'll upload recordings of my takes later this week, if i could get feedback from you guys it'll be gRRReat.

now, the questions!
-- Would you recommend some kind of stretches or warm up before starting with the gym?
Because it's not difficult when you are comfortable with the bpm and all jokes aside, my fingers are feeling really warm right now. I'm just worried about speeding up. I started at 76bpm and moved up to 96 once I was comfortable with the notes. But when I tried some 120, that's when my fingers started to burn. And like any other muscle, I'm worried about injuries (thinking long term). What would you say?
-- Do you practice with distortion or not?
I use a little drive, like a malmsteen distortion, because I like to hear the clear note, but HATE the sound of a clean electric guitar (when it comes to practising, of course). My question is if I'll benefit more from the clean sound, or should I just keep on with the distor.

For now that's all.. keep rocking people!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 14 2015, 02:37 PM
Instructor
Hi Emma! I always recommend to do some stretching and massage before and after the sessions:

About practicing with distortion or not, it's up to you. If you use too much distortion, you can lose dynamics, but you can have more noises issues, so you also train your muting techniques. When practicing clean, you make more strength and can train more your dynamics, but you you have to be sure that the same thing with distortion sounds clean. There are noises that appear only when playing with much distortion.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Oct 17 2015, 11:19 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Here are my recording on the Guitar gym. I didn't have the time to record all but I wanted to share to know if I'm in the good way and if I must correct something or just continue training !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 18 2015, 11:23 PM
Instructor
Hi Daeron! Thanks for sharing this videos. Your playing looks and sounds good on each of the four exercises. I just recommend you to relax more your left hand when playing legato exercises and always focus on doing your finger movements the smaller possible.

One good trick to work on speed would be to divide each exercise in smaller blocks and repeat them as a loop. Playing shorter stuff will help you focus even more on making smaller movements that allows you to play faster.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Daeron
Oct 19 2015, 07:41 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Ok, thank you, Gab ! I'm able to speed up but I make some mistakes and the notes are sounding sometimes not very good.
Of course, I'll continue with this exercises. smile.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:32 PM