Masterpiece Jazz Improvisation, And yet another amazing technique thread:)
Jakub Luptovec
Feb 27 2009, 07:35 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Guys.. this is just amazing... Altough I dont like jazz much, this is... marvelous...

And what the heck is he doing at 0:34? Can anyone help me tab or smt? it sound almost like harp... :-o:o-o:-o:-o

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Matt23
Feb 27 2009, 08:34 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
That was amazing. And what kind of guitar does he have? It has no head. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Feb 27 2009, 08:54 PM
Instructor
Jody Fisher is a great player and he has some cool series of four books about jazz theory and playing from improvisation to chord melody.

The thing he's doing in the video is playing with harmonics like Tommy Emmanuel does.
I leave you the you tube video so you can understand what's the technique about smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 28 2009, 12:15 AM
Instructor
Wow, the tone is amazing, this guys really rocks! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 28 2009, 12:48 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
That was a beautiful improvisation!! Gotta check him out more ! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
berko
Feb 28 2009, 12:52 AM
GMC:er
ohmy.gif Truly amazing! Loved the harmonics and that great blend of chords!

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 28 2009, 01:29 AM
Instructor
Jakub that technique is making guitar sound like harp producing harmonics with your right hand.
Play a note with your left hand , lets say A note , 6th string 5th fret. Now you add 12 frets from it and you get A note up an octave (17th fret). You need to place your index finger on 17th fret (floating over 17th fret) and use your thumb to pick E string. Now all you have to do is do it all at the same time and you got yourself harp sounding harmonic.

So again :

1) Left hand plays 5th fret E string
2) Right hand picks with thumb and has index finger placed over 17th fret E string !

Hope that helps smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Feb 28 2009, 09:59 AM
Learning Tone Guru
I know that technique - I believe it is called tapped harmonics. I believe, that Muris has some of these in his EVH lesson, also Tapping from heaven by Carlos uses this technique. What amazes me is how fluidly he does them - I am more of talking about the pattern and chord he is tapping. And even more depressive thought - he is improvising it biggrin.gif:D

It seems, that those tapped chords were Fm9 and then Em7(no 5) - not sure if he plays there C (aug 5th) on high e string with barré by pinky

Btw. Ramiro, thats amazing lesson:-O

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Feb 28 2009, 10:04 AM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Feb 28 2009, 11:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Feb 28 2009, 09:59 AM) *
I know that technique - I believe it is called tapped harmonics. I believe, that Muris has some of these in his EVH lesson, also Tapping from heaven by Carlos uses this technique. What amazes me is how fluidly he does them - I am more of talking about the pattern and chord he is tapping. And even more depressive thought - he is improvising it biggrin.gif:D

It seems, that those tapped chords were Fm9 and then Em7(no 5) - not sure if he plays there C (aug 5th) on high e string with barré by pinky

Btw. Ramiro, thats amazing lesson:-O

Sure mate, he's an amazing player.
But there are no tapped harmonics there, he's not tapping (Jody Fisher). He's playing the same technique that's played on the video lesson that I posted.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Feb 28 2009, 11:32 PM
Learning Tone Guru
oh.. I get it now.. he play natural harmonic with thumb and next string normally fretted? :-O Even more respect now.. that stuff is really hard..

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:07 AM