R'n'r Solo&rhythm Collab - Final Mix
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 7 2008, 01:39 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hello GMC!!
We started this one last month and now its finally over !! I made a rock n roll backing track for you to record your killer solos over it as well as rhythm parts.We got some pretty different solos and styles here and its so great to hear you all jamming together here ! I want to thank you all for participating in my first collab and helping to build something unique..Thanks guys, keep up the great work !!! I'll write my comments here , remember that they are just subjective evaluation of what you did.. smile.gif

Here is the final mix of it :

Attached File  RNR_collab_FINAL_MIX.mp3 ( 6.11MB ) Number of downloads: 300

Comments (this is the actual line up in the mix as well) :

1.Iluha

You chose to play over just drum and bass track and I really liked how it went..You got a good raw tone that fits that role of guitar.Idea is well developing over the track so its a good concept behind it and doesn't get boring at all.I would only work a little on precision when the higher up the neck part starts..Also you could in the first part of the solo use bending to play some notes that you fingered instead.That would just be the cream on the cake there.Good job man , thanks for playing this one.

2.JVM

Another well developed solo.Starting slowly and then going for some nice melodies..I liked your tone too reminds me a little to les paul type of tone..Good choice of notes, I liked that fast run you did in the middle it sounded spot on.I think that you may have stayed too long in the middle of the neck and would like to hear more bendy high notes here..That would really well sum it up..Good take man ! Thanks

3.Gilmore

Very good guitar tone here..I liked your rhythm part and thanks for doing it you are the only one who did it! This solo has a very good feeling and energy over it..Good mix of different techniques makes it more interesting too.You played some notes that didn't fit very well on climbing up for the harmony part and some didn't come out great - they sounded like you played a little too fast there..Harmony part came out excellent and I really liked the second guitar that you recorded there..That was an excellent finish for this solo , well chosen !! Really great take man ! Thanks

4.Chast

Here we have a nice take too.Your tone lacked just a little brightness , it was a little muddy..I liked "johny be good" style bends you did on the second chord.I liked most of melodies here , but I really would like if after you went up the neck to prepare us for the high notes you stayed there and played similar melodies (that you played down the neck).Instead you chose a path to go back and you trapped your self on lower notes and didn't have the opportunity to finish the solo right..I'm sure if you stayed up after you brought your lead up that it would be a very good solo..Thanks man for this take!!

5.Vision

Wow , here I must notice the great strat guitar tone ! I liked the idea of playing jazzy in the first half..All the notes sounded very nice , and cool phrases too.Than comes the "skank" play strat tone part..Really nice change there! Its got a lot of feeling and good sound came out.You could be a little more precise when playing the faster runs though..This was a very interesting solo with a great overall feeling..Thanks man !

6.Crazyfret

Interesting choice of notes in the start here , on the first chord change to D comes a very good lick.I wish you played a little more around it and tried to develop it because its a very good one..Tapping part was interesting but you could play it a little cleaner and smother and I think it would fit in nicely..This was a monster 40 sec collab and like you said you got out of licks in the other half.Effect you did on second part is cool but didn't quite fit for the end of solo.I would recommend playing some repetitive octaves licks there , or maybe some rnr rhythm guitar with few notes on top..That would make a good finish wink.gif Thanks for playing in this collab man !!

7.Usaman

This solo has a great start to it..I really dig the screamy tremolo intro you did.Guitar sound is very well too.Fast , bendy energetic solo!! I really liked every part of it.Its well developing over time with great licks and melodies.You captured great feeling and energy of the moment in it..I can imagine you playing it live and throwing yourself around the stage wink.gif
I would not change here anything and great finish you did in the manner of the start..Very good solo man , thanks for participiating!

8.Preownedguitar

Another great energetic start of the solo.I really liked how you threw in some harmonics there..They fitted very well..Great melodies up the neck..And first part you played very good! Tapping part could be done with more precision and would work well that way..I can imagine you playing some more high up the neck melodies instead of it - it would work too..All notes sounded in place..Very good energy here too..Thanks man for recording this one!

9.Ivan Milenkovic

I won't comment , just thanks for appearing here! wink.gif

10.Nick325

Last but not least.This take came in a nick of time(while I was writing this comments) smile.gif I liked the old school strat bright tone there..Some nice ideas here...Bends were a good idea , but you played it a little slower.I like the vibrato you threw in and you could do it even more because it sounds cool! wink.gif Very nice solo to end this collab! Thanks man for recording it! wink.gif

Thank you guys again for recording this collab, you gave your personal signature to it and I enjoyed listening every one of you soloing here! I hope to see you in my future collabs too! wink.gif

Cheers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Feb 7 2008, 01:38 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:06 AM