Latest Song That You've Learnt?, or are learning?
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2013, 05:11 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I was wondering what's the latest song that you've learnt or are learning and how was the process. Was there something new for you? Any part that was too difficult?

If it's possible share a link to the song or a video of you playing it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jouve
Jul 21 2013, 05:21 PM
Learning Roadie

At first it was very difficult to guess the exact chords which Jeff plays. But, then i remembered Annihilator song - Catch the wind and everything got on it's place. He tends to use open sting voicings a lot. I've got the rhythm part, and I'm studying the solo now wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jouve: Jul 21 2013, 05:22 PM

+Quote Post
BTrian
Jul 21 2013, 05:59 PM
Learning Roadie
last one I finished was this one

not much new for me technique wise but some nice combination of different elements.

Currently I'm trying some Mike Dawes Stuff
started with this ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuRBGpEHcnI ) but can't really get the intro thing done that good yet. Not quite sure if I really understand what his right hand is doing there, guess that just needs some more time on a low tempo.

also recently started this one and am 2/3 through the thing

seems to be a better start into his stuff.
technique wise my main problem for now is to get the muted picking parts done on full tempo
(e.g. at 1:00 in the vid, don't really see if that's picked with the index finger or with the thumb, I currently try it with index finger, but my nails aren't that long at the moment anyways <.<)

This post has been edited by BTrian: Jul 21 2013, 06:02 PM

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 22 2013, 08:30 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Im currently learning Wires by Red Fang. Its not got massive solo's or anything but Im trying to do it by ear and not use tabs, I usually struggle to learn things by ear so Im making an effort to try and do it.
Ive just got the outro left to do.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
The Professor
Jul 22 2013, 09:31 AM
Theory Instructor
I'm working on getting some new instrumental tunes down for a guitar duo that I play in, so I learned Gallow's Pole by Zeppelin as a solo-guitar piece. Put some Brazilian rhythms behind it and worked it up from there, so it wasn't an exact cover of the original. Made it a bit more challenging, adding the rhythms and changing it up to fit for one or two guitars, but turned out to be a fun little project in the end. Going to record it in a few months so I'll post some audio/video when we lay it down.

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 22 2013, 09:40 AM
Instructor
Just started 'Drag the waters' by Pantera and I am currently analyzing the structure of the tune. I got to perform I'm broken and Cowboys from Hell last night onstage and it was super awesome!! The crowd went crazy with moshpits and even a wall of death!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 22 2013, 04:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jouve @ Jul 21 2013, 01:21 PM) *

At first it was very difficult to guess the exact chords which Jeff plays. But, then i remembered Annihilator song - Catch the wind and everything got on it's place. He tends to use open sting voicings a lot. I've got the rhythm part, and I'm studying the solo now wink.gif

Very cool album and band!

QUOTE (The Professor @ Jul 22 2013, 05:31 AM) *
I'm working on getting some new instrumental tunes down for a guitar duo that I play in, so I learned Gallow's Pole by Zeppelin as a solo-guitar piece. Put some Brazilian rhythms behind it and worked it up from there, so it wasn't an exact cover of the original. Made it a bit more challenging, adding the rhythms and changing it up to fit for one or two guitars, but turned out to be a fun little project in the end. Going to record it in a few months so I'll post some audio/video when we lay it down.

This sounds very good man. I would like to hear it!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:36 AM