The Professor's Music Theory Guide, Layout of All the Professor's Music Theory Lessons
The Professor
Feb 11 2013, 11:55 AM
Theory Instructor
The Professor's Music Theory Guide

Welcome to the GMC Music Theory Guide brought to you by yours truly, The Professor.

This collection of lessons is geared towards guiding you through all of the important areas of music theory, giving you a complete picture of everything from reading notes on the neck, to building chords and scales, to applying these ideas to your song writing and improvisations.

Each chapter below has a label beside it to indicate where it is a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced level subject. Though there is nothing stopping you from going back and reviewing Beginner material if you are at an Intermediate level of music theory understanding, reviewing is always good. These are just labels to help you navigate the different chapters and material in the guide.

When you click on a chapter in the following list, you will be taken to the Chapter Main Page for that subject, and from there you can browse and read all of the articles related to that given subject.

So, if you click on the Major Scale Page, you will then be taken to a synopsis page of that subject, with links to all the related lessons on the forum about Major Scale and Modes.

Check these lessons out and feel free to bookmark this page as updates will be added regularly, including new lessons and new Chapters.

Have fun, enjoy and get ready to take your music theory chops to the next level!

GMC Music Theory Guide Chapters

1. Music Theory Quick Start Program (Beginner)
2. Finding the Notes on the Neck (Beginner)
3. How to Read Music (Beginner)
4. What Are Intervals and How to Write Them Out (Beginner)
5. Exploring Major Scales (Intermediate)
6. Exploring Melodic Minor Scales (Intermediate)
7. How to Build and Play Pentatonic Scales (Beginner)
8. How to Build and Play Triads on Guitar (Beginner)
9. How to Build Arpeggios (Intermediate)
10. Chord Construction and Common Fingerings (Intermediate)
11. Theory Quizzes and Quick Tips (All Levels)
12. How to Build Symmetrical Scales (Advanced)
13. Scale Fingerings for Guitar (All Levels)
14. Applied Music Theory Concepts (All Levels)
15. Solo Challenge Articles (Intermediate)
16. Musical Analysis Challenge Articles (Intermediate)
17. Classic Chord Progressions for Guitar (All Levels)
18. How to Solo Over Chords for Guitar (All Levels)
19. How to Play and Build Harmonic Minor Modes for Guitar (Intermediate)

If you have any questions about the chapters, articles or concepts in this Theory Guide, please feel free to post them below.

As well, if you have any suggestions for future theory lessons, post them below and I’ll get to those topics shortly.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Professor: Oct 17 2013, 11:28 PM

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
brwnhornet59
Feb 17 2013, 07:59 PM
GMC:er
A great resource Matt! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Professor
Feb 22 2013, 09:12 AM
Theory Instructor
QUOTE (brwnhornet59 @ Feb 17 2013, 06:59 PM) *
A great resource Matt! wink.gif

Thanks Britt!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Mar 27 2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks Matt...that is very helpful man!

+Quote Post
The Professor
Mar 27 2013, 05:01 PM
Theory Instructor
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Mar 27 2013, 02:18 PM) *
Thanks Matt...that is very helpful man!

No problem, thanks for checking it out!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 20 2013, 01:41 PM
GMC Founder
This is turning into a killer resource Matt - I urge everyone to check it out again!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Professor
May 20 2013, 01:46 PM
Theory Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 20 2013, 01:41 PM) *
This is turning into a killer resource Matt - I urge everyone to check it out again!

Thanks, been fun writing so far and interacting with everyone that has commented or posted questions. Lots more great info to come!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hajduk
May 30 2013, 06:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thank you Matt, this is great biggrin.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
dark dude
May 30 2013, 08:00 PM
Thank you, Sir!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
The Professor
Jun 3 2013, 05:55 PM
Theory Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ May 30 2013, 08:00 PM) *
Thank you, Sir!

No problem, thanks for checking it out!

--------------------

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
Jan 28 2014, 02:40 AM
Wow! Consider it bookmarked! I can't wait to go through all of it. Thanks a bunch

--------------------
Carvin 6 string bass (walnut neck and body w/burl maple top)
Carvin 5 string AE fretless bass(mahogany neck and body w/ quilt maple top)
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
Washburn 5 string acoustic bass
Hartke HA3500 w/ 4-10x1-15
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
The Professor
Jan 28 2014, 07:33 AM
Theory Instructor
QUOTE (waynedcoville @ Jan 28 2014, 01:40 AM) *
Wow! Consider it bookmarked! I can't wait to go through all of it. Thanks a bunch

No problem, enjoy the lessons!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:54 AM