> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

29 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 >  
Pavelducati's Start Line
pavelducati
Aug 16 2014, 09:06 AM
GMC:er
Thanks a lot)))
But I think I should prepare money firstly to buy Custom 24
I would not like to make any inconvenient conditions for you.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 17 2014, 10:45 AM
Instructor
Ah, no worries, if it's in stock already, it's only a matter of going there and trying it wink.gif I won't make any arrangements regarding ordering anything, without your prior consent, as it would be an awkward situation for both of us and I would only like to offer you an occasion to try several models which are already in stock. They constantly have about 10-15 PRS guitars in stock, so you will have plenty of stuff to try biggrin.gif

QUOTE (pavelducati @ Aug 16 2014, 08:06 AM) *
Thanks a lot)))
But I think I should prepare money firstly to buy Custom 24
I would not like to make any inconvenient conditions for you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Aug 21 2014, 03:22 PM
Hi, Cosmin.
I am going to record my new attempt Alter Bridge this weekend))
To relax from Alter I recorded something else))

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9yhzl1iwrrzvru/s...%2C%2022.42.m4a

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Aug 21 2014, 03:23 PM

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 22 2014, 07:34 AM
Instructor
Hey there mate smile.gif

It's always good to tackle something fresh when working on something else for a long time!

The riffs are going well, but please be careful at the palm muting sections, as they seem a bit too dry - if you move your right hand more towards the bridge or neck you obtain more or less muting - I'd go for a bit less in this case wink.gif

At 01:04 - the timing is a bit faulty, so please focus on staying in synch with the drums there, ok?

Good work with the solo - it could be a little bit smoother, so maybe some more slow practice to become more acquainted with articulating the notes a little better would be good, but since you started working with the Amazing Slowdowner, I can feel an enormous progress - keep it up!!

That's pretty much all I can see as needing fixes, so keep up the good work mate, you are clearly on the good path! If it were something I'd suggest you to focus on, that would be your articulation technique - bending and vibrato, so I think we should get into that pretty soon, if you agree - deal?

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Aug 22 2014, 07:43 AM
Hi. Cosmin.
I always follow you.
Sometimes I think that my progress stops and I try to change it by doing something new.
My most hard thing is vibrato and bands. Of course I want to improve it.
I am prepareing to visit you in October,so I should be ready )))

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 22 2014, 11:02 AM
Instructor
Hey there again, mate smile.gif

Well, articulation seems to be that one thing on which you should still be insisting a bit upon, so how about trying this lesson, which presents several bending examples which you will most probably encounter in 90% of the musical contexts you will be trying:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bend-E...chnique-Lesson/

What do you think about it?

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Aug 22 2014, 03:24 PM
Great!!!

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 23 2014, 07:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (pavelducati @ Aug 22 2014, 02:24 PM) *
Great!!!

Don't forget about two essential things:

- use the wrist like in that video I sent you about bending a while ago
- be in pitch
- respect the timing - alright, three things laugh.gif

Please let me know how it goes, ok?

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Sep 6 2014, 10:38 AM
Hi, Cosmin.
Uh,I was really busy)))
but I did not stop playing the guitar.
I miss you really.

To motivate myself I have learnt one more solo WASP - Hallowed Ground.

[https://www.dropbox.com/s/msdrmp7yh9kv3zv/WASP%20-%2006.09.14%2C%2014.44.m4a?dl=0

Original is here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cn647mc5o8hlx0e/0...Ground.mp3?dl=0

Yes, it sounds terrible as usual.
I am waiting the moment when I say - yes I did it, it is tasty.
But I know that to see it I should work hard.
It will happen in the future))
I am working on your lesson. I will be ready to record my first attempt soon.

wink.gif

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Sep 6 2014, 02:05 PM

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 6 2014, 04:15 PM
Instructor
Haha! Hey mate, welcome back!

I know how it is when you'd like to play the guitar and life has something else planned - it's amazing that you are motivated and keeping up to things biggrin.gif This piece seems pretty demanding and I think the most important thing to take care of right now would be:

The pitches of the notes that are being bent or vibrated - pretty much all of them should be taken care of and I think that recording over the original would solve this issue, because as in the previous cases, you will see where the bending should be lowered or raised smile.gif Also, some of the faster phrases should be slowed down and practiced so that each note would have good timing and each note should be played clean.

Maybe throw the original into the Amazing Slowdowner and play over it at slow speed, before recording over it at the original speed? What do you think mate? smile.gif

QUOTE (pavelducati @ Sep 6 2014, 09:38 AM) *
Hi, Cosmin.
Uh,I was really busy)))
but I did not stop playing the guitar.
I miss you really.

To motivate myself I have learnt one more solo WASP - Hallowed Ground.

[https://www.dropbox.com/s/msdrmp7yh9kv3zv/WASP%20-%2006.09.14%2C%2014.44.m4a?dl=0

Original is here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cn647mc5o8hlx0e/0...Ground.mp3?dl=0

Yes, it sounds terrible as usual.
I am waiting the moment when I say - yes I did it, it is tasty.
But I know that to see it I should work hard.
It will happen in the future))
I am working on your lesson. I will be ready to record my first attempt soon.

wink.gif

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Sep 6 2014, 06:35 PM
Ok) I will do it.

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 7 2014, 08:23 AM
Instructor
I have no doubt you will succeed after the nice surprise you threw in with that Alter Bridge solo biggrin.gif

Keep me updated, mate wink.gif

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Sep 14 2014, 04:00 PM
Hi, Cosmin.
I am not ready yet but I would like to show you my attempts.

Open your eyes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dom0n8opjc3x46q/o...018.46.m4a?dl=0

And WASP solo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdeis5krng9t1lr/W...20temp.m4a?dl=0

I hope that I will be ready to play when we meet)))

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 15 2014, 11:25 AM
Instructor
Hey mate!

Hehe, I listened to them and there are a few details here and there, but it's definitely getting better!! A lot better!

I don't know if you listen to your takes - I mean, in time - what was a few months and what is now smile.gif You would have very nice surprises in terms of progress, because you are always going up.

For the Alter Bridge - I think you just need to play it a lot of times until you are very natural with it and in great balance smile.gif I think it's sounding more and more authentic with each take. As i said, there are small details here and there: for instance, at 01:57 that lick is a bit blurry smile.gif

The verse part could have a cleaner tone, as this one is nice, but a bit too dirty with gain - just lower the gain a little and it should be good, ok?

The solo is still too fast and it needs more time to polish the articulation elements and the fast passages - by the way, you reached the pitches but the vibrato is a bit rushed and too direct.

For the Wasp song - this one sounds more rounded than the previous version in terms of timing and articulation, but still, I'd focus on every bend and vibrato, to make them sound as in pitch and natural as possible - this would be the most important aspect to begin with smile.gif

Looking forward to the next takes and our recording together smile.gif Let me know when you decide to arrive, ok?

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Sep 15 2014, 02:23 PM
Of course I will tell you when I am going to be)
I will synchronize my schedule with yours.
We talked about October-November, will see but it will be without hesitation.

wink.gif

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 16 2014, 07:42 AM
Instructor
Perfect wink.gif

Just wanted to remind you that I will be away between October 10th and 19th wink.gif In the mean time, keep practicing, because progress is always visible with you, especially in leads since you started using the Amazing Slowdowner biggrin.gif

What else are you working on, aside the songs?

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 16 2014, 07:42 AM

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Sep 22 2014, 12:53 PM
Hi,Cosmin.

Well, I am working on solo WASP, open your eyes and Skillet.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhfphezuw31qtsg/s...021.13.m4a?dl=0

Also I am playing scales and a bend exercise.

My progress is not so fast as I want)
but I became very patient.

I focused on open your eyes because we will meet soon and I should be ready.

wink.gif

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 23 2014, 11:41 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! As usual, working hard I see biggrin.gif Good! Patience is the key, as usual and about the track you sent, I think that the riffs sound pretty good - clean played and in good timing and groove. A bit rigid at some points, but the more you will play the song, the better you will start to feel the groove and make it sound more natural. It's not happening everywhere, but your aim is to make the whole piece sound natural.

The solo needs more work at a slow tempo, as there are notes which are a bit missed and the timing could also be improved. It's done with alternate picking which requires coordination, so try a slower tempo in order to first make it sound right at that slow tempo and then gradually raise it, as usual smile.gif

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Oct 4 2014, 04:59 PM
Hi,Cosmin.
Uh) I did something new.
I recorded two guitars and solo)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6onj11398ko70a/w...019.49.mp3?dl=0

I am working on open your eyes I will show you soon.

)))

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 5 2014, 01:00 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Welcome back!

Ooo, this sounds definitely more challenging and different rhythmically than the stuff you have tried so far!

Please focus on making the notes in the riff - around min 01:44 for instance - sound a bit more clear, otherwise, I think you pretty much nailed everything nicely!! In the solo - around 03:13 - there's a little note that could be a bit more in pitch when you bend it and the faster part after that could be played a little cleaner and the ending - 04:04 - where the notes are a bit blurry. But still, dude, you are always amazing me with how much you progress from one recording to another! Congratulations, as this piece is definitely one of the most difficult ones so far wink.gif

Aside from the recording, I also wanted to tell you that I will be traveling again in November between 1-9th, so that you know in respect to when you decide to come around here wink.gif

Keep up the great work!!

Cosmin

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 12:58 PM