Some Videos From The Mtp
Tolek
Mar 1 2009, 03:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello! smile.gif
I decided to show you some videos from the MTP with Muris to get even more feedback! smile.gif

Luke Lesson Take I

Luke Lesson Take II

E minor Melodic Solo

In the 2nd video, my tone is way better thanks to Muris´ advice. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 1 2009, 07:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
Nobody? sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Mar 6 2009, 05:51 AM
Instructor
I'll jump in here buddy. smile.gif

The Steve Lukather lesson, you definately are playing all of the right notes, one thing that jumps out at me though is be very careful that your bends come to pitch, some of your bends are going sharp, some are ever so slightly flat.

The other thing to pay attention to is your delivery of the notes, even though all in all your playing the correct timing, you have to let the solo breathe a bit more, there is a fine line between being smooth and mechanical.

The best analogy i can give is unrelated to guitar, think about the grace of a figure skater, nailing a very difficult trick. There is a difference between perfect execution mechanically, and flawless execution with grace. The feeling is different. Try to find a balance of grace in the piece along with the technical aspects of the musical phrases. Your technique is great! But now i want to hear you "Play" the music, it comes for a different place. Hope i havent totally confused you lol.

The Em melody, the one thing is i can tell is your consciously thinking about what comes next, some your ending notes in the phrases that make up this piece are are being slightly cut off, which makes it seem disconnected. Work on the flow from one phrase to the next, each individual phrase is great by itself, but it has a feeling of being disconnected to the next phrase.

You can execute a piece of music Tolek, i have no doubt. The trick is in allowing yourself to jump outside yourself and and let the music fill you. Its like the rhythm of the ocean, you could see it for all the techinical aspects of currents and time etc. Or just admire the whole thing for what it is. I think your just about there, sometimes your conscious mind gets in the way of the creativity.

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
besip
Mar 6 2009, 06:47 AM
GMC:er
nice!!!! cool.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 6 2009, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Very good playing man

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 6 2009, 11:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Daniel Robinson @ Mar 6 2009, 05:51 AM) *
I'll jump in here buddy. smile.gif

The Steve Lukather lesson, you definately are playing all of the right notes, one thing that jumps out at me though is be very careful that your bends come to pitch, some of your bends are going sharp, some are ever so slightly flat.

The other thing to pay attention to is your delivery of the notes, even though all in all your playing the correct timing, you have to let the solo breathe a bit more, there is a fine line between being smooth and mechanical.

The best analogy i can give is unrelated to guitar, think about the grace of a figure skater, nailing a very difficult trick. There is a difference between perfect execution mechanically, and flawless execution with grace. The feeling is different. Try to find a balance of grace in the piece along with the technical aspects of the musical phrases. Your technique is great! But now i want to hear you "Play" the music, it comes for a different place. Hope i havent totally confused you lol.

The Em melody, the one thing is i can tell is your consciously thinking about what comes next, some your ending notes in the phrases that make up this piece are are being slightly cut off, which makes it seem disconnected. Work on the flow from one phrase to the next, each individual phrase is great by itself, but it has a feeling of being disconnected to the next phrase.

You can execute a piece of music Tolek, i have no doubt. The trick is in allowing yourself to jump outside yourself and and let the music fill you. Its like the rhythm of the ocean, you could see it for all the techinical aspects of currents and time etc. Or just admire the whole thing for what it is. I think your just about there, sometimes your conscious mind gets in the way of the creativity.

Daniel

This is a very helpful comment. Thanks very much for it! smile.gif

Thank you, guys!

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Mar 7 2009, 01:53 AM
Learning Rock Star
Everything sounds awesome to me mr mentor tongue.gif cool.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 7 2009, 01:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 7 2009, 01:53 AM) *
Everything sounds awesome to me mr mentor tongue.gif cool.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif Thanks! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 7 2009, 01:17 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
First take at Luke lesson was great, second was better than the first laugh.gif All in all I agree with Daniel, although I wouldn't be able to describe it the way he did.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 7 2009, 01:17 PM
Experienced Rock Star
If it didn't sound awesome, I would quit being your mentoree laugh.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 7 2009, 01:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Mar 7 2009, 01:17 PM) *
If it didn't sound awesome, I would quit being your mentoree laugh.gif

Hm... That´s another motovation for me to practise hard and sound good. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 7 2009, 01:49 PM
Instructor
Very cool playing Tolek, keep the videos coming man smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:39 AM