Amplitube 3 And Sonar
nikeman64
Jul 21 2011, 10:26 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey guys,

Another struggle in PC land. I Installed Amplitube 3. When I want to use it in sonar I can't get realtime sound. Obviously, it installs as an FX-effect and not as a VSTi. So when I arm up a track (R ... record button) I see on the input meter sonar that my guitar signal is coming in. So far so good, but inserting the amplitube 3 in my FX, it makes no difference. I get the interface, I see that all buttons are on, but the meter in amplitube is not responding and I don't get any amplitube sound. And then comes the funny part, when I record I here the clean input signal. But when I listen back to it, amplitube has processed the signal. Very weird and very not usable situation. I tried to change tracks ins and outs, effects sends on and of but I can't find a solution. Anybody has any idea.
The stand alone works fine, but I cannot use it together with sonar because when I try that, I get a message that the soundcard cannot be found ... dry.gif

I'm sure there are a lot of amplitube users who know the answer about this.

Thanks in advance, Nico wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
evilone63
Jul 24 2011, 01:07 AM
GMC:er

hey man i cant get ampitube to work eighter everything looks ok i can turn knobs, change amps etc..even the bar at the bottom showing how much cpu usage lights up. just no sound. i am able to use fuse and digitech rp software no problem.cant figure it out been on phone with techs as well oh well.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 24 2011, 01:55 AM
Let's see if I can speedy this along. Blah blah all is started and running. When you record you wish to use Amplitube in real time while its ran in sonar pretty much as your stomp box/emulator/ect. When you arm to record the signal do you have it monitor via the input device that connects the guitar to the pc or software monitoring?

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 24 2011, 01:55 AM
Edit: Hrmmm the double post ghost got me.

This post has been edited by SpaseMoonkey: Jul 24 2011, 01:57 AM

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 24 2011, 11:06 AM
Instructor
You have to turn the input monitoring on mate. Try this tutorial, it might help. Let us know if it worked!

http://www.cakewalk.com/support/kb/reader.aspx/2007013146

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 24 2011, 04:52 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (nikeman64 @ Jul 21 2011, 11:26 AM) *
Hey guys,

Another struggle in PC land. I Installed Amplitube 3. When I want to use it in sonar I can't get realtime sound. Obviously, it installs as an FX-effect and not as a VSTi. So when I arm up a track (R ... record button) I see on the input meter sonar that my guitar signal is coming in. So far so good, but inserting the amplitube 3 in my FX, it makes no difference. I get the interface, I see that all buttons are on, but the meter in amplitube is not responding and I don't get any amplitube sound. And then comes the funny part, when I record I here the clean input signal. But when I listen back to it, amplitube has processed the signal. Very weird and very not usable situation. I tried to change tracks ins and outs, effects sends on and of but I can't find a solution. Anybody has any idea.
The stand alone works fine, but I cannot use it together with sonar because when I try that, I get a message that the soundcard cannot be found ... dry.gif

I'm sure there are a lot of amplitube users who know the answer about this.

Thanks in advance, Nico wink.gif

There should be the "monitoring" option somewhere in the recording software you are using - located on the track itself.
It is usually in a shape of a small "speaker icon". Turning it on enables you to hear the "end product" - in this case signal processed by Amplitube 3.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Jul 29 2011, 09:20 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey guys,

I just came home from a great vacation in Austria (Alpes, .... my God, these mountains are so beautiful !!!!), have been driving for almost 12 hours and couldn't wait to open the GMC site; I'm so happy to receive some feedback on my Amplitube - Sonar configuration problems and you guys ,.. just solved it.
OK, so here is the simple solution (if you know it, it's always simple biggrin.gif )

You open a project in Sonar, and you open amplitube as an FX (effect) in an audio track. Do not try to open Amplitube as a VSTi (Virtual Studio Instrument) because, ... well,... it simply doesn't exist.

How to open it : right click in the audio track effect bin, ... if you don't see that, then open the track inspector, which is controlled by one of the icons on top of the screen - just hoover over them until you find it. If you installed it propperly, you will find Amplitube under the following menu : Audio FX - VST Plugins (very ironic !!! ) or of course every other map where you installed it.

Ones you got the interface open, you can use it the same way as the stand alone but to hear Amplitube working you need to monitor your signal.( Thanks Ivan, thanks Bogdan, thanks SpaceMonkey !!! )

How to monitor the signal : Enable the input echo monitoring button, which is located right next to the R S and M buttons. There are some echo and latency issues if you use separate soundcards for recording and playback (always a bad idea) . If you experience sound problems, then check out the outstanding help function, whithin Sonar, and search in the index for : Effects - Real Time Audio. Any question you have will be solved there.

I hope that I can help anybodyelse out there, with this post, who has the same problem

Thanks GMC !!! Together , ... we concer the world,... and Amplitube/Sonar laugh.gif laugh.gif

Nico, wink.gif

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 30 2011, 03:18 AM
It sound like you are getting some "Latency" issues. Inside most DAWs (like sonar) you can reduce the latency by finding a the options/preferences menue and look for something that says SAMPLES. Set this as low as you can. If you set it to low, and the system stops working, bump it up. I"m not talking about the sample rate here, (44.1k etc) but the number of samples. I adjust my samples in LOGIC and REAPER down to 64 or 128 from the default of 2500 or so.

Here is a KILLER article talking about setting your LATENCY SETTINGS IN SONAR. Check this out and it should help smile.gif

http://sonar.sonarama.com/index.php?title=SONAR_Settings_Faq

Todd

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Jul 30 2011, 12:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks Tod!!

I don't experience latency problems myself but I read about it in the help file and thought it was a good idea to mention it for anybody else who does have latency problems. the article you mentioned is even better than the help file.

In my setup, everything goes true my external M-Audio interface, no latency, great sound !! The buffersize in Sonar is set to 128, like you said.

So, anybody who has problems with Sonar latency, read the article in Tod's post !!!

Thanks again, see you around !

Nico, smile.gif

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 30 2011, 02:55 PM
Instructor
Glad you solved the issue man, cheers bro smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 30 2011, 03:17 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (nikeman64 @ Jul 30 2011, 12:25 PM) *
I don't experience latency problems myself but ...

There is latency in every daw set up and the sound card, as Todd rightly points to, is only part of it. Some of this can be compensated for, some is dealt with to some degree by work arounds like direct monitoring but there is always latency. It can become more of an issue when you use multiple channels. Back in the days of analogue tape we used to deal with time issues by setting a tone burst, nowadays many mix engineers working on daws seem to think it's no longer an issue.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 31 2011, 10:27 AM
Instructor
There is some latency involved in every plugin. It's just that it is small value so we don't notice it, but it's there. This is why it is important to listen to mix rendered. Fast processing enables the DAW playback to go smoothly, but some shifts always occur.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 31 2011, 10:56 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 31 2011, 10:27 AM) *
There is some latency involved in every plugin. It's just that it is small value so we don't notice it, but it's there. This is why it is important to listen to mix rendered. Fast processing enables the DAW playback to go smoothly, but some shifts always occur.

I'd suggest that whether it's discernable is debatable. I think you're absolutely right to say that the actual lag introduced by latency isn't if it's only a few ms.

Nonetheless what is discernable, particularly if you check a stereo mix in mono, or if you have complicated multi channel mix, is the comb filtering that can occur. From my experience very few project studios do this though and then they wonder why their mixes sound thin, brittle, phasey and so on.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:45 PM