4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
New Gmc Game (beta)
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 15 2022, 06:39 PM
GMC Founder
Hehe well done Gab!

I find it hard to get a good grade even though its my lesson 👍

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 15 2022, 07:22 PM
GMC:er
Im just too thick to get it on first blush evidently. Are we supposed to play along and does the app listen to our performance and grade us? I'm sure it's more intuitive than it seems to me. I could be missing the point entirely.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 15 2022, 11:07 AM) *
I have added a new lesson to the game, you can try it here.

Hopefully this one is a little easier!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 15 2022, 07:23 PM
GMC Founder
The idea is to tap the right technique as it occurs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 15 2022, 08:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I got 680 on the new one. I notice that the tabs turn red when you've missed something.

Nice.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 15 2022, 08:26 PM
GMC Founder
I think we need a clearer animation when a technique has been missed, the button should swipe away or something so people realized they missed something.

Also i will add a clarification in the player before the game starts.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 15 2022, 08:02 PM) *
I got 680 on the new one. I notice that the tabs turn red when you've missed something.

Nice.

Awesome score btw 😎

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 15 2022, 08:34 PM
GMC:er
Ahh now i get it smile.gif Thanks.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 15 2022, 02:23 PM) *
The idea is to tap the right technique as it occurs.

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 16 2022, 08:55 AM
Learning Tone Master
That's a really awesome addition to the site!!! It's funny and also a good training for ears. Amazing job Kris!!! smile.gif
BTW, I tried now the easy one and it seems I'm quite good at it. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Attached Image

EDIT: This is my scoring for "Articulate it" lesson: biggrin.gif I tried this after I drunk my morning coffee to be sure that I hear things in a good way. biggrin.gif
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Jan 16 2022, 09:56 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 16 2022, 09:56 AM
GMC Founder
WOW I think you hold the current high score Monica!!!!!!! 🤩

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 16 2022, 10:09 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 16 2022, 08:56 AM) *
WOW I think you hold the current high score Monica!!!!!!! 🤩

Haha...cool. biggrin.gif I not figure out the "push-pull change" from your "Articulate it" lesson and this thing downgraded my scoring a little. tongue.gif The rest of the tasks are easy.
I hardly wait more harder lessons. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 16 2022, 02:41 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jan 16 2022, 10:09 AM) *
Haha...cool. biggrin.gif I not figure out the "push-pull change" from your "Articulate it" lesson and this thing downgraded my scoring a little. tongue.gif The rest of the tasks are easy.
I hardly wait more harder lessons. smile.gif

Yes my plan is to make sure the terminology used in the button text also appears in the lessons. Awesome you like it btw 🤩

I have added some of the usability tweaks we have spoken about and also a new lesson. This one features difficult playing but I don't think the game is that hard for this one:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Temple.../?skillz_tester

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 16 2022, 02:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Do the term-buttons come in order as they appear in the video? I noticed they did in the last one. I think I was expecting them all to be in random order and that I'd have to look at them all and find the one that matched. Might have been where I went wrong in the first place!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jan 16 2022, 02:56 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 16 2022, 03:43 PM
GMC Founder
Yes they appear in the right order as it is now.

But a possibility could be to also offer an 'advanced' level and have them in random order and maybe double the score for each successful click.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 16 2022, 03:56 PM
Having them in order is great for lower levels because you know what to listen /watch for.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 16 2022, 04:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, I had been expecting them to be random from the very first post, so when I started the video I was trying to read through all the buttons at the same time to find the right now laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 16 2022, 05:34 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 16 2022, 03:16 PM) *
Yeah, I had been expecting them to be random from the very first post, so when I started the video I was trying to read through all the buttons at the same time to find the right now laugh.gif

That's what I was doing, my eyes were like wacko.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 16 2022, 06:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 16 2022, 06:34 PM) *
That's what I was doing, my eyes were like wacko.gif laugh.gif

Yup, I was like that too untill I realized what was going on a couple of posts back laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 16 2022, 06:50 PM
GMC Founder
hehe yes somehow making clear what the user is supposed to do in a couple of seconds is tricky.

Right now we only have the explanation poster in the player. Not sure if that's enough though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 16 2022, 06:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 16 2022, 07:50 PM) *
hehe yes somehow making clear what the user is supposed to do in a couple of seconds is tricky.

Right now we only have the explanation poster in the player. Not sure if that's enough though.

I'm sure something like "buttons are in order of appearance, click at the correct time" in smaller text or brackets would have sufficed for me biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 16 2022, 07:04 PM
GMC Founder
Best is if the layout makes it clear. Since then I have added the one-by-one slide in at start and different colors/gradient of buttons.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 16 2022, 07:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, that was partly what made me question if how I had percieved it was wrong. I wouldn't say the gradient makes it completely clear yet, as it only made me question "why are they gradaded?" and it still wasn't completely clear. Or maybe I'm slow-witted, that's not unlikely either laugh.gif

I'm really excited to see these initiatives you are taking though, Kris smile.gif As said in my happy new years video: "Let's make 2022 a great GMC year!"

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jan 16 2022, 07:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:28 AM