2 Pages V   1 2 >  
E Lydian, work in progress
lcsdds
May 2 2009, 06:47 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I love the take Andy James did over this backing so I thought I would do one myself. I'm about halfway done with it and I have been using it to try and get familiar with Logic so I can start doing some nice recordings for the collabs. Still working on it and I'll probably upload a final take when I finish it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tolek
May 2 2009, 06:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
That was just great, Monte! I love the tapping part, it fits the backing so nicely! Well done. Thanks for sharing. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 2 2009, 07:06 PM
Instructor
Very cool Monte. Tapping was spot on

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
May 2 2009, 07:24 PM
Beginner Instructor
that was sweet! very nice job.

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 2 2009, 07:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks Guys....I'll post the rest when I finish it. I am slow at composing stuff. I wish I could just come up with stuff on the spot like Muris, Emir and Pedja but it doesn't work that way for me. sad.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
May 2 2009, 09:51 PM
Jazz Instructor
Great solo!
Loved that Satriani-legato at 00:48:)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 2 2009, 10:36 PM
Instructor
Very nice Monte!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Gilmore
May 2 2009, 10:57 PM
GMC:er
That was really tasty, and great flow. smile.gif

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 2 2009, 11:54 PM
Instructor
Sounds great and you control the tone very good! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
May 3 2009, 12:01 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Awesome video Monte, really like your tone and playing smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 3 2009, 12:38 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks Everybody....really appreciate the feedback. I'll post the rest when I finish it. I have most of the rest finished but now I gotta practice it.....I can almost never play what I compose. mad.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tjchep
May 3 2009, 03:48 AM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ May 3 2009, 12:38 AM) *
Thanks Everybody....really appreciate the feedback. I'll post the rest when I finish it. I have most of the rest finished but now I gotta practice it.....I can almost never play what I compose. mad.gif laugh.gif

Great stuff man. Really like the vibe that's going on, I think my favorite playing by andy is over this track tbh.

And if you would, do you think you could post the backing track? wub.gif

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jun 1 2009, 04:27 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Finished this up. Still need to clean it up and there are some timing issues but this is the best I can do at the moment... smile.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jun 1 2009, 04:43 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Sounds really great Monte! wink.gif smile.gif

Your legato is smoother, AP is sounding very tight and your sweeps are spot on. It's nice to hear the progress your making bro!

Very nice upload! tongue.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jun 1 2009, 04:51 AM
yeah monte is a beast... great job bro

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jun 1 2009, 09:12 AM
Instructor
Beautiful solo Monte and very well played. Well done

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jun 1 2009, 09:32 AM
Learning Rock Star
Monte, you´re stunning me. huh.gif I knew that you´re a great player, but THIS? This is so incredible. Amazing performance of a beautiful solo. Very well done! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 1 2009, 09:51 AM
Instructor
Very nice solo Monte. This is the backing track you sent me, correct?
Lydian rocks ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 1 2009, 09:52 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
HE is my mentor, HE is my mentor!!! tongue.gif Great stuff Monte \m/

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jun 1 2009, 11:54 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jun 1 2009, 04:43 AM) *
Sounds really great Monte! wink.gif smile.gif

Your legato is smoother, AP is sounding very tight and your sweeps are spot on. It's nice to hear the progress your making bro!

Very nice upload! tongue.gif

Thanks Jeff....appreciate the comments. smile.gif

QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Jun 1 2009, 04:51 AM) *
yeah monte is a beast... great job bro

Thanks for the compliment Outlaw....

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jun 1 2009, 09:12 AM) *
Beautiful solo Monte and very well played. Well done

Thanks Emir.....Always nice to hear compliments from players of your caliber.....I wish I could see you and Muris rock in London..... smile.gif

QUOTE (Tolek @ Jun 1 2009, 09:32 AM) *
Monte, you´re stunning me. huh.gif I knew that you´re a great player, but THIS? This is so incredible. Amazing performance of a beautiful solo. Very well done! smile.gif

Thanks Tolek....Your Canon Rock take inspired me to get my butt in gear and post something. Appreciate the compliment.. smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:59 PM