Gcses Area Of Study 4 Composition, hope you like it :) first ever recording :)
Kevin98497
Jun 8 2008, 09:42 PM
GMC:er
Hey there, I have just recorded my first ever song that I ever recorded ohmy.gif I always had lots of ideas but never came around to record anything because im too lazy, but the massive satisfaction of what i did this afternoon was sweeeeett! laugh.gif i think im gonna start doing it more often.
anyhow, the song is in a mixolydian. Its supposed to be in the style of traditional indian music. but i thought id just use the small element of the "buildup" and just let rock be the driving force tongue.gif
i also found the button to make the two lead guitars stereo! biggrin.gif i called it mastered to sound professional cool.gif
its nowhere near as good as you people's uploads but im getting there very slowly smile.gif
there are quite a few tacky attempted shredding in my song but anyway the teachers at school cant do that so im sure they wil be quite impressed tongue.gif
let me know what you think! criticise etc. or better not mad.gif not really, let me know what i can improve on that would be helpful biggrin.gif

thanks
Kevin!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by kevin-riff-after-riff: Jun 8 2008, 09:43 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SamJ
Jun 8 2008, 09:55 PM
Awesome! Sounds great! smile.gif

Haha, my GCSE composition 4 is due next month I think, but we have Cubase and MIDI keyboards at our school in the music tech room so I've got loads of compositions I can enter for it on there.

I find recording at home really annoying at the moment though due to what I record always has to be perfect as I'm somewhat of a perfectionist. If there's just one tiny thing wrong with it I scrap it and start again, which is probably quite stupid. I come up with loads of ideas though, I mainly just end up making them with Cubase as I can edit it and make everything correct.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sam Hook: Jun 8 2008, 09:56 PM

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jun 8 2008, 10:13 PM
if you listen real careful there are loads of mistakes in mine, besides from the backing riff because that has to be perfect wink.gif but the two lead guitars have loads of mistakes, but after recording the first one i though "right that sounds good besides from the mistakes, what should i dooo..... then i thought oh yeah why not put another payer over it and cover up the mistakes"
maybe you can try my technique? it might work smile.gif i personally dont like using cubase in school...its quite annoying because its either recording in midi or going through a mission trying to put guitar in and then it doesnt work because i got the wrong wire or something stupid.
anyhow, thanks for saying its nice^_^

+Quote Post
SamJ
Jun 8 2008, 10:16 PM
Hmmmmm...yeah, I might try that, thanks. smile.gif

And you need quite a lot of layers anyway to get a good grade I think, using different musical techniques and stuff. Well, that's what our crazy music teacher keeps telling us!

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jun 8 2008, 10:26 PM
i wish i had a crazy music teacher, one of them isnt very good at music and the other one is just like a normal teacher except he uses lots of hand gestures i wish one of the visiting guitar teachers will teach our lessons, thatll be awsome! biggrin.gif
anyhow, good luck with your songs. let us all hear what its like when tis done wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 9 2008, 10:35 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well this sounds very interesting, good first shot at recording smile.gif Definitely do it more often!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jun 10 2008, 01:15 AM
Instructor
Sounds cool!!! NIce!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 10 2008, 01:34 PM
Instructor
Very interesting with two guitars playing at the same time. Sounds hipnotic wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jun 10 2008, 06:44 PM
Sounds different, great job for a first smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jun 10 2008, 08:47 PM
thanks guys for the positive feedbacks smile.gif i will have to record again definately..... because my music teacher said it built up too quickly to get full marks hmmm and its supposed to be alot shorter as well lol i guess i will have to built it up slower in a shorter space of time :S lol we'll see what i end up doing

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 10 2008, 10:20 PM
Instructor
nice track here and good editing hand percussion's

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:55 AM