Simple Loop In A, In the spirit of Cosmin's "Build a Jam Workshop"
mroberts70
Jan 8 2013, 05:59 AM
GMC:er
Disclaimer: First off yes this really isn't that cool, but for some folks that maybe don't have a bass guitar and/or drum machine... they may want this. Also, Cosmin is in no way affiliated with this as it does suck... but for someone who has no way to easily create a loop, it may be ok to use.
-------------------------
In the spirit of what Cosmin has going on with the Lego build a jam workshop.... and I know most of you guys have the tools for this, but for those who maybe do not, here is a small loop based somewhere in the neighborhood of the key of A that you can mess around with if you want.

Like I said, it's in the spirit of building something from a few simple notes or chords so it's not exactly what Cos has going on either as it has drums and a simple bass line but I guess you could build on to it if you wanted, or just practice some lead parts over it.

I said it has a bass line, but no... Bogdan would not be proud of this... biggrin.gif

Warning: no talent was used in the making of this. Also no animals were harmed... only my sense of pride... Which was already badly bent to begin with.

Oh, and for some reason I called it a backing track... not sure why, as it's just a loop.

80 BPM, bass, and drums. Lasts around 2.5 minutes <give or take>

https://soundcloud.com/mroberts70/bass-backing-track-in-a

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jan 8 2013, 07:32 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
THANK YOU !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 8 2013, 02:12 PM
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Jan 8 2013, 06:32 AM) *
THANK YOU !

You are welcome sir! Hope you have fun with it. Let me know if you want any more, I'm sure I can throw together something to play around with.

I send these simple loops to my buddy who is just learning some pentatonic stuff and he likes the simple two and three chord changes for now just to practice with. Trying to recruit him to GMC... wink.gif Nuttin fancy, just sumptin to do.

Maybe we could start an area in the forum where people could just share little loops and what not for other people to get hold of who maybe don't have the equipment right now to make such things with any bass and drums. I'm not the best with it, but I always come up with something to keep myself occupied anyhow. smile.gif

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Jan 8 2013, 06:32 AM) *
THANK YOU !

Oh, let me hear what you come up with if you decide to jam with it. That'd be cool. cool.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2013, 12:42 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif I don't think it sucks at all - it has balance and good timing so, I think it will serve it's purpose just right wink.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 9 2013, 07:05 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 9 2013, 11:42 AM) *
Hey mate smile.gif I don't think it sucks at all - it has balance and good timing so, I think it will serve it's purpose just right wink.gif

Thanks Cos!... Yea, that's all it's for is just some practice runs up on the old fret board...

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 9 2013, 08:57 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey man - I'm proud of your bass line! Its very effective and gives the track a good groove! Simple and effective smile.gif
Golden rule for bass lines is : when you compose something, go back and take out all the unnecessary notes to get a good line

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 9 2013, 09:24 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 9 2013, 07:57 PM) *
Hey man - I'm proud of your bass line! Its very effective and gives the track a good groove! Simple and effective smile.gif
Golden rule for bass lines is : when you compose something, go back and take out all the unnecessary notes to get a good line

Cool, thanks Bogdan.... and I thought it would not meet your approval. smile.gif

Hey, I'm good at the K.I.S.S. "Keep It Simple Stupid" principle. huh.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2013, 09:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 9 2013, 08:24 PM) *
Cool, thanks Bogdan.... and I thought it would not meet your approval. smile.gif

Hey, I'm good at the K.I.S.S. "Keep It Simple Stupid" principle. huh.gif

How about 'Keep it Simply Smashing' instead? smile.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 9 2013, 11:04 PM
sounds good Cos, I did smash my thumb in my guitar case once...However i assume that's not exactly where you were going with that...? laugh.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 10 2013, 09:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 9 2013, 10:04 PM) *
sounds good Cos, I did smash my thumb in my guitar case once...However i assume that's not exactly where you were going with that...? laugh.gif

No way smile.gif As Bogdan pointed out - simplicity is most of the times the ingredient adding beauty in something, be it music, painting, web design, cooking and the examples go on and on... why not smashingly simple and beautiful in writing a bass line smile.gif

In my opinion, it was always more important to express a feeling or a state of mind in any possible way in order to transmit the message, rather then mindlessly 'shouting' with notes smile.gif Can you say 'I love you' by playing 100000 notes a second? Not quite... But you can say it with a bend wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:57 PM