> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Metallica Made Easy, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

IceThrone
Aug 5 2016, 03:05 AM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: Metallica Made Easy by Gabriel Leopardi

May not be magnificent as Mr.Dahl vocals but it was fun to try. Thank you for providing me with the backing track and letting me take a crack at it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 5 2016, 02:43 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!!

I'm so happy of finding this take! I think that it's the first time that we have singing stuff at the REC.

You have done a very good job with both guitars and vocals. Regarding your guitar job, I think that it's just perfect. I don't hear any issue to improve or fix, everything sounds like the original lesson / song.

Your vocal work is also good. There are only some little details that you could work regarding timing and pitch which are not dramatic but that should be worked in the case you want to sing professionally. Your voice is powerful and has a very cool "colour" for this style so you should continue singing!

Congrats on your great job!!! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 7 2016, 10:33 AM
Instructor
Hi man, this is pretty solid. As Gabriel said, the guitar playing is accurate like the original. The only thing that could sound better in my opinion is the two single notes in the main, like at 0:19. The first time it occurs they're not very clear. The rest of the time, it's mainly a timing thing. The second note gets cut off quickly in order to move back to the E5 chord so it just sounds a bit more awkward than it should.

That's my only suggestion of improvement smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 10 2016, 08:38 PM
Instructor
Hey there! Nice take and entertaining vocals smile.gif

Same as guys I have nothing serious to complain. The only thing I'm quite sure could be improved is the strength of your playing. I sort of miss a bit of bite/sharpnes comming from the pick - not through all the lesson but for example at some spots in the middle part. I like the amount of drive you've choose and it would work totalyl pro if you would add just a bit more picking strength to it smile.gif Overall it's a great work! Keep rockin'

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 10 2016, 10:53 PM
GMC Founder
Awesome!!

You have got great feedback already - some extra tips in case you want to get closer to my vocal sound:

When I sang this one, there was a huge difference in volume levels between my 'cleaner' voice and the more aggressive one.

The aggressive one requires me to turn the input gain extremely low and then a scream from the bottom of my guts ( a bit like a death metal growler, I believe). This kind of screaming requires very tolerant neighbours. Please also consider the video of me singing is playback, and in reality I would look completely wild when recording these vocals.

You have lots of attitude in your vocal lines which is what really matters. If you work more on a relaxed timing and more guts in your screaming I think you will develop a killer style!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 12 2016, 05:16 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:56 PM