What Are Your 2019 Guitar Goals?
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2019, 04:07 PM
Instructor
New year, new goals?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 2 2019, 05:21 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
For guitar I want to improve overall with technique, and specifically I need my bending to pitch to improve which means I need my ear to get better. I want to continue working on our blues program. THIS is also something I'd love to improve especially whilst improvising.

First though I need to get that G7 barre chord sorted out, really frustrating it is rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2019, 05:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 2 2019, 01:21 PM) *
First though I need to get that G7 barre chord sorted out, really frustrating it is rolleyes.gif

How is it going?? biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 2 2019, 06:35 PM
I'll be on it later on this evening, only got back this afternoon wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2019, 06:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 2 2019, 02:35 PM) *
I'll be on it later on this evening, only got back this afternoon wink.gif

Great!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 2 2019, 08:55 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 2 2019, 04:07 PM) *
New year, new goals?

First of all, I want to graduate and get my degree. All else comes next.

I want to work hard and learn solid mechanical skills. The most basic like Vibrato or Bending are top priority but by the end of 2019 I'd love to be able to do sweep picking. I consider the theory as important as technique but it seems I'm a bit ahead with that for now.

Next, having a proper bedroom studio is also my goal for this year. At this point I can't imagine progressing as a player with just a tablet for recording.

As for specific musical goals: I want to transcribe and play Vivaldi's 4 Seasons. Some of it I can play already but most of it is too challenging technically right now. It's quite possible to accomplish if I work hard enough. I've seen much harder score sheets smile.gif

Last but not least, I'd like to turn in a successful REC once or twice a week just to get used to it and make it something regular.

--------------------

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Jan 2 2019, 09:48 PM
Learning Roadie
My goals would be
Get better synchronsastion and timing.
Play fast alternate picking cleaner
Become better at creating and understanding tone.
( would love to see some lessons on how to build tones and explaining EQing*)
Get better at making songs/composing.
Get better RECs and higher pass rates

Would be interesting to think what goals the instructors that view my RECS would give me for the year.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 2 2019, 11:02 PM
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jan 2 2019, 08:48 PM) *
( would love to see some lessons on how to build tones and explaining EQing*

Darius did a couple of tone workshops. I've tried to find them for you but getting late now. Maybe he can dig them out for you. wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 3 2019, 05:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jan 2 2019, 05:48 PM) *
My goals would be
Get better synchronsastion and timing.
Play fast alternate picking cleaner
( would love to see some lessons on how to build tones and explaining EQing*)
Get better at making songs/composing.
Get better RECs and higher pass rates

Would be interesting to think what goals the instructors that view my RECS would give me for the year.

Hi mate, those are good goals for you. There are 3 main elements that we've marked in your recent take and I think that those are the elements that you need to focus to take your guitar playing to the next level. Go for it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Jan 6 2019, 05:38 PM
Learning Roadie
This year will be challenging guitar-wise, as I simply have very little time to devote to it. However, I have pretty clear-cut goals, which should make practicing easier. My aims are to

- improve my timing and accuracy, which I'll get at by practicing GMC technique lessons. Modal Madness is my all time favorite, and it has some nice variations too. I'm going to want to check out other lessons too, for example the Economy picking series for that.

- improve my understanding of theory and implement it to my playing. For instance, only this week I first got acquainted with arpeggios. As of now, I've learned most of the arpeggio shapes and notes that belong to Cmaj scale. A next step could be to jam over a chord progression (say, Am7 | Fmaj7 | Dm7 | E7 ) and use the relevant arpeggios on top of the chords. I would also like to understand better how chords are built and how to move naturally between different chords using positions, inversions and so on.

- improve my rhythm playing. This is a pretty clear one: I suck at rhythm guitar, so I want to get better. Simple, slow enough rhythm practice should do the trick.

Remembering that I'll have around 15-30 minutes on a weekday and a couple of hours on weekends to practice, this should be more than enough. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:59 PM