> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 34 35 36 37 38 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
May 13 2016, 07:18 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Will do wink.gif

Did you see the update at the bottom of my last post about the exercise?

Cheers buddy.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 14 2016, 03:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 13 2016, 03:18 AM) *
Will do wink.gif

Did you see the update at the bottom of my last post about the exercise?

Cheers buddy.

Yes! Sounds promising, keep on working!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 15 2016, 09:37 PM
OK, back after my mini break, I hope you are back safe too smile.gif

Right, I have been really watching my right hand tonight, I have to slow down again, that thumb flexing occurs when I get just beyond my comfortable speed. I have to consciously force it not to flex. I seem to be pushing and pulling the pick like you do with a pen or pencil when writing. I MUST combat that before I progress.

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 16 2016, 01:17 AM
Instructor
Hi Phil, welcome back!

I had a great time playing on some new cities for us this weekend. It's always fun to know new places, people and bands.

About your picking, well done analysing your movement and don't worry to have to slow down to adjust it. It will be totally rewarding in the long term.

Please keep me updated.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 16 2016, 02:35 PM
Thanks Gab,
My mind won't be on it for a few days, a long time customer of mine died this morning, his caravan caught fire with him in it. I will be playing though as it is therapeutic for me but I won't have the concentration.
I've known him for thirty years, came to see us nearly every week , lovely bloke had some good chats with him.
Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 17 2016, 12:55 AM
Instructor
I'm so sorry about this mate. sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 17 2016, 07:19 AM
Thanks Gab,

He was one of those customers you consider a friend, do anything for you, any time of day or night, always offering to help when we were having problems.
Terrible way to die, I really hope the smoke made him unconscious before the flames got to him. He hasn't been officially identified yet but everyone knows who it is, he was a popular character on the speedway circuit.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke...dshire-36303267

Speak soon mate.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 17 2016, 01:28 PM
Instructor
That's so sad. I send my best thoughts to you and his family.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 17 2016, 01:42 PM
Thanks for your kind words Gab,

He lived there alone. He split from his wife a few years ago, she ran off with another man, he never got financially stable so lived in that mobile home. He had children and many friends, he was involved in speedway and grasstrack, there are many many tributes to him and last night at the speedway track they held a 1 minute silence for him.

Deeply saddened by this, it's always the nice ones that get taken in such a cruel way.

Speak soon Gab.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2016, 05:43 PM
Instructor
This is so sad mate. It's nice to see that he is receiving the recognition by all those colleges and friends.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 18 2016, 08:23 PM
Thank you my friend,

It turns out it was an electric blanket that caught fire.

Peace

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 19 2016, 09:16 PM
Hello Gab,

Got my fingers back on the fretboard tonight. I lost all impetus after the sad news this week. Sorry.

I've just had a little go at the Saturday shred fest challenge. I'll be back practising properly by the weekend. Clive would have said "Don't me stop you doing what you want mate, get on and enjoy yourself"

It's pretty bad but its here anyway https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=732376

Thank you for your kind words this week mate.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 20 2016, 03:05 PM
Instructor
Hi friend, nice words. These news really shocked me.

Great to see you joining the Shred Fest! It's a very cool initiative by Todd. By now, getting back to guitar is ok, let everything you feel go out, don't analyse too much your playing during these days.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 22 2016, 08:24 PM
Thanks Gab,

Clive would be telling me to get on with my guitar so I am moving forward. Unfortunately in the industry I am involved in I do see a lot of people I call friends lose their life but when they lose it doing what they love, racing cars or motorbikes, somehow that is easier to deal with, when they lose their life like Clive did, it plays on your mind a lot about how their last moments were. Clive was also involved in motorsport, but the way he died was horrific.

Anyway, we must move forward, we must stop looking back, we're not travelling in that direction.

I'd like to have a chord lesson please, I feel I'm neglecting chords, open, barre, power etc but the last two rhythm lessons I've had have been a bit too fast and complicated for me at the moment. What do you suggest?

Cheers Gab.

UPDATE:
Last night (Monday) I got much closer to tempo in the Petrucci Lesson. My hand is finally starting to stay rigid and it is starting to feel a bit more natural. I did 90% a few times then it started failing.

I'm also reading an awesome book by Victor Wooten. I've posted about it HERE

Speak soon mate.

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 24 2016, 12:53 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 24 2016, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Congrats on reading that book! It's one of my favorite music books ever! smile.gif

Getting into chords again, nice idea!

What about this lesson?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Rocking-Chords/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 24 2016, 08:17 PM
Thanks Gab,

I'll try that chords lesson. It's pretty big so it will take me a while. I struggle to remember chord type things so it will train my brain well wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 25 2016, 03:15 PM
Instructor
Great! Feel free to go for a shorter lesson if you find one that fits better with you. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 26 2016, 09:36 PM
Thanks Gab,

I'll stick with that one, I will just take my time, it will all be good for me no matter how long it takes.

Tonight I had to get something done for Todd's challenge. I am getting quicker at alternate picking but it is taking time. It is what it is and will take as long as it takes but don't worry, I am working.

Here is my terrible attempt at Todds challenge this week

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=732656

Cheers buddy

UPDATE:

I'm away for three days from tomorrow (Saturday) we're going HERE, home of the Lincoln bomber. Speak soon mate wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 27 2016, 10:14 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 28 2016, 05:02 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil!

That's cool! Have a great time there mate! smile.gif

I think that the lesson is long but it's so "real music" that you'll get a lot of it. Take your time to learn each part, start with short sections each day and you'll learn it after some weeks.

I don't think that the take for the challenge is that bad, it's a good first try, just keep on polishing it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 1 2016, 07:50 PM
Hello Gab,
Did you get my PM?

Thanks

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 34 35 36 37 38 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:55 PM