Livestream Guitar Playing, Livestream Procaster, Guitar, Guitar Rig 4
Dexter
Feb 16 2011, 05:44 PM
GMC:er
Has anybody successfully used Livestream Procaster in combination with their guitar?

My guitar is plugged into my m-audio fast track pro. I use Guitar Rig 4 to get the amp sounds I want.

When I try to stream live with Livestream, only the raw signal from my guitar can be heard, and not the sound after guitar rig has processed/enhanced/amplified the signal.

Any thoughts?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
del-4fr53e3
Feb 16 2011, 09:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
Using a software emulator for this purpose is something I have never heard anyone doing. For that to be possible you must either do as Bogdan said (putting output to input on the audiocard), but that, while possible, would mix your unprocessed and processed signal together. Unless Guitar Rig has a way to trick windows into thinking that it's an audio card, I don't believe it to be possible.
Then again, I don't know, I have just never heard about anyone doing that, and I don't really think it's possible. Hopefully someone has experience with it and has a know-how though smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 17 2011, 12:48 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Feb 16 2011, 09:10 PM) *
Using a software emulator for this purpose is something I have never heard anyone doing. For that to be possible you must either do as Bogdan said (putting output to input on the audiocard), but that, while possible, would mix your unprocessed and processed signal together. Unless Guitar Rig has a way to trick windows into thinking that it's an audio card, I don't believe it to be possible.
Then again, I don't know, I have just never heard about anyone doing that, and I don't really think it's possible. Hopefully someone has experience with it and has a know-how though smile.gif

Depends a lot on the card. E-MU audio interface cards have much better software and drivers which allow for much flexible routing and mixing options. It would be easily achievable with such card as it has a "virtual mixer" ability... M-audio makes great products but It really lacks software flexibility...

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Feb 17 2011, 12:48 AM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Feb 17 2011, 01:07 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Feb 17 2011, 12:48 AM) *
Depends a lot on the card. E-MU audio interface cards have much better software and drivers which allow for much flexible routing and mixing options. It would be easily achievable with such card as it has a "virtual mixer" ability... M-audio makes great products but It really lacks software flexibility...

Oh, yes of course. I just meant I have never heard of anyone doing it simply with an input to guitar rig or similar software, outputting to the streaming. It is also possible by re-directing the windows out to a fake integrated microphone (so the computer thinks its a microphone, but its just recording everything you hear from windows). But I don't remember the name of any such software...

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Feb 17 2011, 01:09 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:37 AM