Breaking Down
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 18 2011, 09:02 AM
GMC Founder
If you goal is to broaden your horizons as a guitarist, then It's important to try utilize new elements in your playing. Check out Cosmin's new lesson, "Metal Metrics 1", and then post a reply to today's topic.

How often do you use break downs in your riffing?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Gitarrero
Feb 18 2011, 09:14 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I do that quite often, I also did that in my first self-written song "9 to 5" (just check my youtube channel) and I think breakdowns are really important for a metal song, it makes things more interesting and gives the listener some time for some serious and heavy headbanging tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 18 2011, 10:12 AM
Instructor
Indeed biggrin.gif all the energy is gathered in it and when the time comes BANG! you're letting it out loud!!

Can't wait to hit the stage biggrin.gif

Check this one out:

A day to remember - Mr. Highway's thinking about the end

This song is a huge breakdown actually and it's seasoned with a great chorus also biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
DenisN
Feb 18 2011, 12:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Great lesson Lupino!
I really enjoyed it. I hope you'll do some more of those ''new metal'' lessons. what I especially like are the chords used, the 5+ and some that are not often used un std tuning. Also the dissonant part is great. I would like to know more about these chords because they relly seem to give the dropped tuning a complete new dimension!

Once again, GREAT!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 18 2011, 12:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DenisN @ Feb 18 2011, 11:41 AM) *
Great lesson Lupino!
I really enjoyed it. I hope you'll do some more of those ''new metal'' lessons. what I especially like are the chords used, the 5+ and some that are not often used un std tuning. Also the dissonant part is great. I would like to know more about these chords because they relly seem to give the dropped tuning a complete new dimension!

Once again, GREAT!

Your words are most kind smile.gif trust me, there's more new metal and interesting chords in my bag ready to enter the GMC zone biggrin.gif
If you want to know anything in particular, I am ready to answer your demands smile.gif

thank you very much!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 18 2011, 07:38 PM
Instructor
not as often as I should be!!

nice samples! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Feb 19 2011, 03:43 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (DenisN @ Feb 18 2011, 03:41 PM) *
Great lesson Lupino!

Once again, GREAT!

+5 for this post !!

A lesson about all these drop tuning / metal bands chords would be nice wink.gif

Oh yeah, back to topic. I do them (breakings) all the time in my songs.

This post has been edited by WeePee: Feb 19 2011, 03:45 PM

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Feb 20 2011, 06:22 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I usually didn't like breakdowns, for my tastes, it makes it to obvious to the listener what's going to happen. It can be good and bad depending on the view. Now that I'm in a hard rock project, I keep doing them all the time.

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:57 AM