The Rainbow
Phil66
Dec 30 2022, 03:05 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Interesting video, have any of you been? Maybe Ken has a story?

https://youtu.be/m_7fnUJTt4M

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 30 2022, 10:14 PM
GMC:er
I just watched that a couple of days ago! Great Docu!!! No story really, but I have been there, way back in the 90's!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 30 2022, 10:28 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 30 2022, 09:14 PM) *
I just watched that a couple of days ago! Great Docu!!! No story really, but I have been there, way back in the 90's!

Scottish friend of mine went and met Lemmy, went back fifteen years later and as soon as Lemmy saw him he said, "oh I remember you, you had your kilt on last time" and he recalled the things they spoke about. Incredible.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 30 2022, 10:52 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 30 2022, 10:28 PM) *
Scottish friend of mine went and met Lemmy, went back fifteen years later and as soon as Lemmy saw him he said, "oh I remember you, you had your kilt on last time" and he recalled the things they spoke about. Incredible.

Mental!!!! I've heard quite a few similar things! Unfortunately he was over here touring whilst I was there. Still, did the right thing and had a drink in his honour!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 31 2022, 03:07 PM
cool.gif I doubt I'll ever get there, as they say, it's the real life Hard Rock Cafe.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 31 2022, 05:09 PM
Great doc!

I am sorry to disappoint but I don't have any "cool Rainbow Bar and Grill stories". I have been there many times and I played there a few times too. This is over a period of about 38 years and it was always fun. I saw Lemmy a few times but I never met him. That's not really a big deal as he was there constantly (until he started getting sick). Unfortunately, now, it's super expensive - $26.00 for a plate of pasta, $21.00 for a Hamburger, a beer for $9.00, etc.
It's an actual tourist attraction these days. They sell T-shirts, key chains and 'logo' underwear.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 1 2023, 01:20 AM
As Ken mentions, its' become a bit of a Tourist trap over time. I visited the Rainbow and the Roxy

Attached Image

and the Whiskey Agogo way back when, around 2010 with a buddy of mine who had never been to L.A. before to go see L.A. Guns Live. It was fun smile.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

He went back to L.A. nearly every year after that for shows and such. He lives in Ohio and we were college buddies so I wanted to show him how fun the west coast could be and he loved it.

Attached Image

That is a very cool documentary btw. Thanks for the share smile.gif Lemmy is a legend.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Dec 31 2022, 12:09 PM) *
Great doc!

I am sorry to disappoint but I don't have any "cool Rainbow Bar and Grill stories". I have been there many times and I played there a few times too. This is over a period of about 38 years and it was always fun. I saw Lemmy a few times but I never met him. That's not really a big deal as he was there constantly (until he started getting sick). Unfortunately, now, it's super expensive - $26.00 for a plate of pasta, $21.00 for a Hamburger, a beer for $9.00, etc.
It's an actual tourist attraction these days. They sell T-shirts, key chains and 'logo' underwear.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 1 2023, 01:21 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:26 AM