The New Jackon's
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 9 2022, 10:52 PM
Learning Rock Star

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/en-US/guitar...2802601825.html

I especially like the white one.

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Storm Linnebjerg: Sep 9 2022, 10:55 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 9 2022, 11:04 PM
GMC:er
I saw Brandon's vid on youtube about these. I am looking forward to trying one! I like the white and the green quite a bit. This line of jackson guitars have always been spiff imho. I get along ok with the jackon usa necks but I always wished they were just a bit thinner to have more of an ibby prestige feel.

I was very glad when Ibanez started to make reissues of the 565, as it's very much along the line of something like this series of guitar. Just a classic recipe for a very shreddy, playable axe built specifically for lead guitar players. I've been unimpressed with the direction ibanez has taken in recent years other than the reissue to be honest. It seems jackson is carrying the banner these days for making this type of lead instrument.

However, for $2,500 you'd think they could give you a slightly better version of the floyd rose than a 1500? A korean made trem on a guitar costing over 2k seems a bit nuts. I was thinking they should have used the FU tone version that Brandon uses on his own guitars.

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/en-US/guitar...2802601825.html

For about a thousand less, I think Id rather have Brandon's sig guitar. It's an import, not a usa, but it just looks metal AF smile.gif

Of course, it would need to be upgraded to the FU tone floyd that Brandon puts in his touring guitars. Wont rust, solid as a rock, etc.

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 9 2022, 11:18 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 9 2022, 11:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
I noticed them mentioning re-inforced neck with some titanium rods (I think it was) like in the blue Ibby I have. Is that common in the Jacksons?

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 10 2022, 08:48 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ooooops, when I saw the thread I thought it was about a new singing group akin to the Jackson 5 rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

I've never had my hands on a Jackson, I'm guessing they're a lot like my RG.

I don't really want any more guitars but I would like an Ibby 540r but they're like hen's teeth.

Thanks for the share smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 13 2022, 01:40 AM
GMC:er
Just in case....

The phrase "Rare and Hen's Teeth" is one used quite often in the southern united states as its from farming, like so many of our idioms. of course, the meaning being that hens don't have teeth, so just means something very rare. So many of our idioms come from either agriculture or sports. We use so much slang and so many idioms that its' hard to not use them. smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 10 2022, 03:48 AM) *
Ooooops, when I saw the thread I thought it was about a new singing group akin to the Jackson 5 rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

I've never had my hands on a Jackson, I'm guessing they're a lot like my RG.

I don't really want any more guitars but I would like an Ibby 540r but they're like hen's teeth.

Thanks for the share smile.gif

Starting around 2010, Prestige Ibbys started using titanium reinforcement rods in the necks. Many nicer end of the range guitars will have some sort of reinforcement in the neck which is though to aid in tuning stability and prevent warping. Of course, early RG guitars didn't have anything of the sort, and the neck were prone to warp a bit.

Here is a handy vid about reinforced necks.

QUOTE (Storm Linnebjerg @ Sep 9 2022, 06:29 PM) *
I noticed them mentioning re-inforced neck with some titanium rods (I think it was) like in the blue Ibby I have. Is that common in the Jacksons?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:52 AM