2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Where You Find Your Self In 10 Year
Captain Insaino
Aug 26 2010, 11:09 PM
GMC:er
huh.gif Well you start out life thinking that your a want to be rock god, you practice hard, start and play in a few bands, live the life or playing in small clubs and bars, where only friends and family come to see you play. Then one crazy night after a gig, you have a few to many beers, and that girl in the club looks oh so cute. Well she your girl for a few months, loves you because you are a rising star. Then oops, she get pregnant, now what the hell are you to do. Months fly by and she has the kid, you love that little boy so you marry that girl. Oh wait then you have to pay bills and fix the car, and food. So you get a job, one of those life sucking jobs that steels your joy.

Life keeps trucking and the more you try and dig yourself out of a hole, more sand gets thrown at you. You try and keep up playing clubs, and working two jobs to support the wife and son you have. Every word out of her mouth is, why do you keep playing that stupid guitar, you are never home, always with your buddies, give up that stupid dream, it will never happen. Year after year passes by the same thing, you finally give in and put the axe under the bed. mad.gif

Then one day, you wake up and realize that girl who had your baby, has been doing meth behind your back, sleeping with your friends, and laughing at you the whole time, knowing she has crushed your spirit.

Well here I am, almost done with the divorce, I have my boys, they live with me, I still have that job. Its been 10 years since this story started. 6 years since I have picked up my axe to play. My fingers are stiff, they cant do what they use to be able to do.

I stumbled upon this sight, saw in others what I could have been.

Here I am to reset my skills, learn from some of these amazing people, and get back what that demon has stolen from me..

Captain_Insaino smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 26 2010, 11:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
That was one brutaly honest introduction!

Welcome to GMC

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 26 2010, 11:22 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Life's a bitch, and then you marry one, but that doesn't mean you can't rock out on your guitar everyday. Stick with your guitar playing, you may work to support your family, but you play for yourself. Nobody else can give you the satisfaction of playing music, its something you have to do yourself. But don't play for fame, play for yourself, and I truly believe the rest will follow smile.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Aug 26 2010, 11:23 PM
Well, this reads like an advertisement for prophylactics; welcome to the site. Also: chin up! All is not lost, you just have a lot of work to do and you'll be just fine.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Aug 26 2010, 11:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome! You found an awesome site to be apart of. Great people and great instructors.
Christian A.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 26 2010, 11:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome!

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Aug 26 2010, 11:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
It's not too late !!!

Welcome

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 27 2010, 03:08 AM
Welcome to the site. You are among friends here. Nobody here is going to stab you in the back, or sleep with your girlfriend. This is a great place for musicians and for people in general. You will not find a more supportive, creative, place to share your thoughts as well as the music that is inside you waiting to get out. Join a collab, post some music, join the club smile.gif We are thrilled to have you brother. Welcome.

Todd

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 27 2010, 03:27 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Welcome welcome!

After a short time you will find this is the best guitar community on the net! smile.gif

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Aug 27 2010, 03:42 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Welcome bro! I'm one of the guys that hung things up for more than a decade, only to come back and find out I still sucked. However, shred or not, this is a pretty good community to hang out. So, grab that axe, and fire it up. This group appreciates the effort as much as the result!

Cheers!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Aug 27 2010, 07:14 AM
Learning Tone Master
Holy Moly, that could be mine introduction as well a couple of years back. So what do we learn from this?

1) Never trust a woman.
2) On every (cheating) woman there is at least 10 good axes.
3) Only use the word "Lick" in a guitar-playing context.
4) Dont look back, cause that ugly,fat back tries to bring You down.
5) Celibacy is the only way to become a great guitar-player.

Btw. Welcome!!! You're among brothers (and at least one sister), we will do our best to re-establish Yours (and ours) reputation as living guitar-legends, and if any un-holy pursuits are made to get ya off the track, we will come down hard on those women... laugh.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Shime
Aug 27 2010, 07:27 AM
Welcome. Whether your family life sucks or not, GMC is one of the coolest virtual places to escape to, and one heck of an online community! wink.gif
Shime

This post has been edited by Shime: Aug 27 2010, 07:28 AM

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Aug 27 2010, 09:13 AM
Instructor
One of the coolest intro I've read here!
Welcome back to the guitar world & to GMC smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 27 2010, 09:15 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Welcome to GMC!

Brutally honest, and good introduction smile.gif
We'll all help you get back on track with your playing!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 27 2010, 01:00 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Wow, what an honest introduction. I agree to what the others said, you'll enjoy this community and you'll get back in shape in no time at all with the great lessons GMC offers. Hope to see you around in the forums!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 27 2010, 01:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Staffy @ Aug 27 2010, 08:14 AM) *
5) Celibacy is the only way to become a great guitar-player.

I don't want to believe that tongue.gif sad.gif

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 27 2010, 01:18 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow, that has to be one of the best (although sad) intros I've read.

Worry not! You are at GMC now. Only good stuff happens here wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 27 2010, 01:30 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Aug 27 2010, 02:02 PM) *
I don't want to believe that tongue.gif sad.gif

Me neither! And I am shocked to hear such a thing from you, Staffy!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Aug 27 2010, 01:45 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Staffy just wants us to believe in this, so more girls would have less rockers interested in them wink.gif

Welcome on GMC I wish You all the best in reviving Your guitar skills and in life generally smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vaidya
Aug 27 2010, 03:06 PM
Learning Roadie
One of the best intros i have seen.What honesty!.
Good thing you found this site,im sure you will have a blast at GMC.
And remember,nobody can take your music away from you.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:35 AM