> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

New Member Advice
Jared Sagez
Jan 4 2018, 12:47 AM
GMC:er
Hey all!

I"m new to the site and looking for ways to keep improving! Really impressed by the lessons and teachers on here so far and looking forward to learning more! I've been playing for about 16 years, been in bands singing, playing bass and guitar. Recorded an EP. However its been a few years now the band doesn't play and I'm just jamming more on my own but still love playing but my life doesn't fit well with the band lifestyle as I just turned 34, 2 kids, day job, side business training athletes. However I still play guitar every day always trying to learn something new. I love almost all music but I guess I really lean towards rock, metal, classic rock, 80's rock. AC DC, Slash, Van Halen, Vito Bratta, Avenged Sevenfold, Alexi Laiho, Poison, Paul Gilbert. All the usual suspects I guess.

Biggest challenges I feel like I have is sometimes I'm not sure what to practice as I'm probably really an intermediate guitar player but getting to that advanced level seems tough as there is so many things you could practice and work on and some is too easy, other's too tough and I sometimes might only have 20 minutes to play and in that time want to work on the things that can help move me forward as a musician.

I've been really working a lot lately being able to play whatever is in my head and do well with vocals to songs and melodies but not as well on blistering guitar solos. I'd like to be able to play anything I can hear in my head wether my own or a song someone else has done. Just to have ultimate freedom of expression and feel good with harmonies and melodies anywhere on the fretboard.

Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated!

Jared

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 4 2018, 11:50 AM
Learning Rock Star
First of all welcome to the forums! I hope you'll enjoy it here and stick around.

We have a few different "programs" that can probably help you, and the good news is that you can participate in as many as you like at once.

Gabriel Leopardi has been running his mentoring program for a long time now and has got a good grasp of how to go about it. You can read more here:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43110

Then there's Todd's Bootcamp, which will get your picking hand a real workout!
Todd also has a Quick Licks series:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=58703

Finally I'm trying to get a first bite from a student in my own "student mentoring student" program. I've been at the site for nearly 10 years and I felt like giving something back:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=58833

I also started a Guitar Challenge series here, which I'm working on improving for the 2nd challenge. There will be many more challenges of course.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=58841

Oh, and you also have Kristofer Dahl, the founder, doing live playing/chatting on Sundays at Youtube smile.gif

So what I'm trying to say is: DIVE IN! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2018, 02:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Jared!! Great to find this post here!

Cael has already shared very useful info about GMC features. I've started a mentoring thread here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=58854

Please complete those questions (some answers are already here), and share vids if possible. In the case you don't know what to play or record, these could be good lessons to start:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Stoner...at-rhythm-solo/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch-II/

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 4 2018, 02:21 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome to GMC Jared. There is plenty here to keep you growing in your guitar journey. Hope to see you in the forums . Have fun smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Jared Sagez
Jan 5 2018, 01:20 AM
GMC:er
Sounds great! Thanks!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 5 2018, 03:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jared Sagez @ Jan 4 2018, 09:20 PM) *
Sounds great! Thanks!!

wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:36 PM