2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Guitar Hero Iii First Game To Top $1 Billion In Sales
jdriver
Jan 14 2009, 01:25 AM
GMC:er
Also, two thirds of people who play the game say they want to learn a real instrument. Maybe we will soon be seeing the overload of GMC. We already picked up 20% more members just this last year.

The Aerosmith version sold three times more copies than the band's album in the first few weeks, which could really change label sales strategies.

Here is the article. http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/gui...-billion/?biz=1

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 01:27 AM
It's certainly a popular game and it is great fun. I love playing it with friends who don't play guitar.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jan 14 2009, 01:37 AM
I want this game badly. For the drums laugh.gif

I guess we all want to feel good at playing instruments we cannot play!

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 01:38 AM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jan 14 2009, 12:37 AM) *
I want this game badly. For the drums laugh.gif

I guess we all want to feel good at playing instruments we cannot play!

That isn't Guitar Hero III. I think you mean Guitar Hero: World Tour or Rock Band

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
jdriver
Jan 14 2009, 01:46 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 13 2009, 06:38 PM) *
That isn't Guitar Hero III. I think you mean Guitar Hero: World Tour or Rock Band

Guitar Hero III, Legends of Rock.

--------------------
For some understanding.
Was there ever?

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 01:48 AM
QUOTE (jdriver @ Jan 14 2009, 12:46 AM) *
Guitar Hero III, Legends of Rock.

No I was talking to Fsgdjv. Saying that Guitar Hero III doesn't come with a drum kit. Only Guitar Hero: World Tour and Rock Band do. It's Guitar Hero III that made $1 billion I know.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jan 14 2009, 01:54 AM
Oh, I thought guitar hero 3 was the same as guitar hero world tour. Well that doesn't matter, I still want to play the drums! ph34r.gif

edit: and a drum kit is a bit more expensive than a video game!

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Jan 14 2009, 02:02 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 02:00 AM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jan 14 2009, 12:54 AM) *
Oh, I thought guitar hero 3 was the same as guitar hero world tour. Well that doesn't matter, I still want to play the drums! ph34r.gif

Just buy a drum kit laugh.gif But Rock Band is so much fun with all the instruments biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 14 2009, 11:38 AM
Instructor
I am not surprised by this news - lots of people play Guitar Hero in US smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 14 2009, 12:00 PM
Lets go fishing!
I have never played this game, but i have friends who play regular and they all now asking me questions about how to learn real guitar smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 14 2009, 12:12 PM
Instructor
If Guitar Hero leads to overload of GMC, it could only mean a good thing! More people will be interested in guitar playing, and community will be bigger! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 14 2009, 03:36 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
It's an awesome game, though I&II were better IMHO.
Now there's a version which includes a drum set, mic, etc., like Rock Band game, I bet it's fun too.

I stopped playing because nailing the songs on expert is almost as hard as learning the real songs laugh.gif, well not that hard, but quite time consuming. The real thing deserves that kind of time, not a plastic game controller with 5 colores buttons laugh.gif

An awesome game anyway.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 03:37 PM
The good thing about the drum kit in the new game is that if you buy the deluxe drum kit if you play on expert you pretty much are playing the drums lol. So you'd be able to play a drum kit proper to a pretty decent level.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 14 2009, 05:27 PM
Instructor
Yeah, I think transition to a real drum kit is a walk in the park after nailing some drum songs on expert level! laugh.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 14 2009, 05:36 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 14 2009, 03:37 PM) *
The good thing about the drum kit in the new game is that if you buy the deluxe drum kit if you play on expert you pretty much are playing the drums lol. So you'd be able to play a drum kit proper to a pretty decent level.

Yeah thats very true!! smile.gif Would love to try guitar hero or rock band with the drum kit smile.gif

Guitar hero is a good game and very fun, and I think its great because it drives kids wanting to play the real thing after that..Also music covered in game is good - rock and metal! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 05:37 PM
I'm going to buy it when I get a bit of cash but it is still very expensive to buy. I might go halves with my house mate.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Rooks
Jan 14 2009, 05:49 PM
I never tried Guitar Hero tongue.gif I guess I just got more interested in the real deal .. And I can't get addicted to that game and waste valuable real guitar practice time tongue.gif

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 14 2009, 05:58 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Doesnt guitar hero though cost like $100 cause it comes with the guitar? In that case it may have sold $1 billion but I dont think it sold the most ever.

+Quote Post
jdriver
Jan 14 2009, 08:11 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 14 2009, 10:58 AM) *
Doesnt guitar hero though cost like $100 cause it comes with the guitar? In that case it may have sold $1 billion but I dont think it sold the most ever.

I'm assuming it's only money sales, I'm sure other games have sold more units.

--------------------
For some understanding.
Was there ever?

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 14 2009, 08:13 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I have had some fun moments with this game......

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 03:00 PM