Acoustica Beatcraft, More Drums
Matt23
Jun 29 2009, 05:27 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I use Acoustica Beatcraft for my drums, and it's been pretty good, especially for the price, but recently I've thought about upgrading it. I don't have the money for Ez or Addictive drums or anything so when I saw 6 new kits for Beatcraft for £10, I was seriously considering it. I tried to find some samples on the internet but they're aren't any, so I wondered if anyone here had any experience with the "More drums Vol 1" for Beatcraft.

I guess i just want to know, are the kits any better than the ones you get with the program. I mainly make rock/metal beats so I want a good kit for that. Does "More Drums" have that? Any help or advice you can give about this would be really helpful.

Matt smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 30 2009, 11:52 AM
Instructor
I'm afraid I cannot, cause I never used the kits, but if you really want them I think you should try them out first, see how they sound somewhere on the net if it is possible. Then decide if they are a good buy.
BTW how do you use AB? With Reaper?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 30 2009, 11:54 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 30 2009, 11:52 AM) *
I'm afraid I cannot, cause I never used the kits, but if you really want them I think you should try them out first, see how they sound somewhere on the net if it is possible. Then decide if they are a good buy.
BTW how do you use AB? With Reaper?

Thats's the thing I can't find any samples on the internet. I use AB just by itself, so I do the drums in AB, render them as mp3, and import them into reaper.

This post has been edited by Matt23: Jun 30 2009, 11:55 AM

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jun 30 2009, 11:56 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Jun 30 2009, 06:54 AM) *
Thats's the thing I can't find any samples on the internet. I use AB just by itself, so I do the drums in AB, render them as mp3, and import them into reaper.

Really? There are tons of drum samples on the net. I'm positive you can find some. smile.gif

@Ivan, Beatcraft is a standalone app, not a VST.

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 30 2009, 11:57 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
I can get Beatcraft samples but not samples of "More Drums".

+Quote Post
sted
Jun 30 2009, 12:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
I tried this for a day, deleted it and bought EZ drummer!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 30 2009, 01:06 PM
Instructor
Are there any production possibilities with AB? Does it have some integrated compression, EQ or something? If not, I don't think it's that good, unless you export all drum components separately to Reaper and mix them there as audio files.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 30 2009, 01:10 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
It has lots of drum samples, EQ, Reverb, Delay, Compression, Panning, Flanger, Distortion (can't see why ud want this on drums though), and maybe a couple other effects I've forgotten. It would be nice if you could imprt midi into it though, it'd be a lot quicker.

This post has been edited by Matt23: Jun 30 2009, 01:10 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 30 2009, 01:38 PM
Instructor
Panning, Flange or Distortion are often used in electronic music so I have a feeling this software is oriented to those music styles as well. It's good that you have compression and EQ tho, you can mix a little bit of drums in there, but for a better control it is always good to have separate drum tracks in DAW. I'm not sure how to solve that problem, possibly trying to get some EZdrummer lite edition, I think they are bundled with Korg nano controllers among other stuff. Possibly they can be obtained with some magazines as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 30 2009, 01:41 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Why don't you try out demo versions of addictive drums and ez drummer.I think they offer a functional demo set if drums and they can work as VSts within Reaper.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 30 2009, 02:20 PM
Instructor
Yes, Bogdan is right, you can alwasy try the demos. You will see a clear advantage of using those VSTi's.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 30 2009, 02:42 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I agree Ez and Addictive are better but I can't afford them.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:14 AM