Completed : New Funky Collab
David Wallimann
Jul 13 2008, 08:59 PM
Instructor
Welcome to this new collab!

Today's backing track is made of 2 different keys: E and B.

You can play E Dorian followed by B Dorian, but if you are unsure of what modes are, stick to the minor pentatonic scale.

This collab is opened to anyone and there is no need to sign up. Just upload your final lead with and without backing track in the upload thread.

You have until July the 27th to upload your take.

Feel free to discuss this collab in this thread, but keep the upoad thread for uploads only.

The tempo is 100...

Have fun!

Attached File  Funky_Backing_track.mp3 ( 1.32MB ) Number of downloads: 277

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by David Wallimann: Jul 28 2008, 04:02 PM

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 13 2008, 09:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've downloaded the backing track - not sure I'm gonna participate, as funk is not really my thing. I know that's a bad excuse. I will definately have to work to get a good one out of this.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jul 13 2008, 09:09 PM
GMC:er
Funk is good, nice track David im gonna have a go at this one smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Jul 13 2008, 09:12 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
Wow that's a funny coincidence !! I just finished recording my main video for my new lesson, and guess what ! It's funk in A dorian !!
I hope I'll have time to finish it and participate in this collab, cause I'm going on vacation this friday, and I got lot of stuff to do this week ...
But I'll try to participate in this collab,
Great backing track David, as always wink.gif

Jad

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 14 2008, 03:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm gonna upload something in a few days! I think I found the vibe.

Anyways - I was thinking, maybe it's an idea to post the link to the backing track in the Upload topic too?

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 14 2008, 09:02 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
@ OC, don't be so hard on yoursef man, I enjoyed that take! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jul 14 2008, 09:08 PM
Instructor
nice backing biggrin.gif

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 14 2008, 09:39 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 14 2008, 09:02 PM) *
@ OC, don't be so hard on yoursef man, I enjoyed that take! smile.gif

I'm not happy with myself. I just can't seem to improve and I don't know what to work on. I really struggle with guitar. I want to be good but I don't know how sad.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jul 28 2008, 04:05 PM
Instructor
My friends, I owe everyone a deep apology.

There was a typo in the original post, the first section is in E Dorian and not A Dorian like I first posted.
Most of you have fixed the problem with their ears, but I PMed some of you to see if they wanted to redo their leads.
If you haven't received anything from me, it means that your lead is working good and that it's mixed and ready to go.

I'm waiting on the leads of those who have received a PM to upload the final mixed commented collab.
So far, everyone did a great job!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:24 PM