> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 148 149 150 151 152 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Oct 4 2021, 06:56 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 4 2021, 06:14 PM) *
hahah again, read the pdfs first. You don't need to create an artist profile. OneRpm will create it, and then you'll reclaim and manage it from your spotify for artists account.

Thanks Gab,

I can't find any PDFs at the OneRpm website. I can't create an account yet because it is telling me that my artist name has already been taken and to choose another, maybe the PDFs are available once you have an account? I'm trying to come up with another name.

Saludos

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 4 2021, 09:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 4 2021, 02:56 PM) *
Thanks Gab,

I can't find any PDFs at the OneRpm website. I can't create an account yet because it is telling me that my artist name has already been taken and to choose another, maybe the PDFs are available once you have an account? I'm trying to come up with another name.

Saludos

I think that maybe you are trying to create an account at OneRpm and that's the name that is taken. The artist name is added later when you upload music.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 5 2021, 08:38 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 4 2021, 09:05 PM) *
I think that maybe you are trying to create an account at OneRpm and that's the name that is taken. The artist name is added later when you upload music.

On the account setup page it asks for "artist, band or songwriter name" and won't let you continue without it.

If I put my own proper name in, will that have to be my artist name?

Saludos?

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 5 2021, 02:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 5 2021, 04:38 AM) *
On the account setup page it asks for "artist, band or songwriter name" and won't let you continue without it.

If I put my own proper name in, will that have to be my artist name?

Saludos?

Oh, now I get it. Maybe it's different now. I opened my account 2 years ago and Ramen is a name that already existed on Spotify. But well, the safest would be to use a different name, that at least is not used on OneRpm.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 7 2021, 10:00 PM
Hola Gab,

I've been looking at the lead guitar basics course. Because at the moment, playing bends and pull offs etc around the 5th is extremely difficult I've been playing at the 17th fret, problem is, I keep choking the bends, I just need time to work on that.

Just keeping you up to date wink.gif

Saludos

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 8 2021, 04:41 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Thanks for the update.

Yes, the course includes both improvisation and technique concepts. You can make your own variations for now, and later you can get back to the technique exercises. These are long term examples.

On the other hand, the composition course doesn't include technical stuff.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 8 2021, 09:27 PM
I'll take a look at that then, thanks buddy. On the plus side I can now reach all of the tuning pegs on the top of the headstock, that was impossible a couple of weeks ago, I had to use my right hand before, it's just annoying that some areas are getting worse even though some are better.

Nos hablamos amigo

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 10 2021, 06:25 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 10 2021, 05:21 PM
Instructor
Nice mate! You need to be patient. It's a good time to focus on your composing skills.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 10 2021, 06:35 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 10 2021, 05:21 PM) *
Nice mate! You need to be patient. It's a good time to focus on your composing skills.

I know buddy, it's just frustrating but I guess I have to be mindful that this nerve damage happened in May 2020, it isn't going to be fixed quickly, not being able to get into a physiotherapist face to face until recently means that scar tissue may have developed.

The whole problem started to get worse recently, now some areas are getting better but some are still getting worse. I'm currently managing Todd's Bootcamp mission 38 at around 320bpm with quarter notes but it's when I try to do bends etc that I'm finding virtually impossible.

I'll take a look at the song writing essentials.

Nos hablamos amigo

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 12 2021, 01:32 AM
Instructor
I'm sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, this is one of the side effects of the Pandemic. (not being able to go to the doctor on time).

Stay positive mate. Everything will be fine.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 12 2021, 03:30 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 12 2021, 01:32 AM) *
I'm sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, this is one of the side effects of the Pandemic. (not being able to go to the doctor on time).

Stay positive mate. Everything will be fine.

Thanks buddy,

I'm not as optimistic now, I feel like I have a 10kg weight strapped to my forearm all day long.

As I can't do the Spotify thing, I'm thinking of setting up a YT Channel just for my calming music. What do you think?

Fingers crossed smile.gif

You might find these videos interesting, they're related to the initial post but more about the studio where the samples were made. https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=792895

UPDATE:

One of the rehabilitation exercises I've been given has been really difficult, I have to aim for ten repetitions, I've been struggling to do five, occasionally seven, and after that my arm is exhausted, yesterday evening I managed ten, the last three were making me pull some faces but I got there and this morning I managed ten again, the first five were done really quickly (I have to stand at arm's length from the wall and walk my fingers up the wall moving closer to the wall as my hand gets higher but keeping my arm straight). It seems like something has suddenly made a giant leap forward, let's hope it doesn't make a giant leap back now laugh.gif I still can't play open chords very easily and anything below the 5th fret other singular note stuff is hard, ie; bending, vibrato, hammer-ons etc

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 13 2021, 02:42 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 13 2021, 02:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 12 2021, 11:30 AM) *
As I can't do the Spotify thing, I'm thinking of setting up a YT Channel just for my calming music. What do you think?

Fingers crossed smile.gif

Great idea! You should also create an insta or twitter account, shouldn't you?

You might find these videos interesting, they're related to the initial post but more about the studio where the samples were made. https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=792895

Cool! I´ll check it out. Thank you!!

One of the rehabilitation exercises I've been given has been really difficult, I have to aim for ten repetitions, I've been struggling to do five, occasionally seven, and after that my arm is exhausted, yesterday evening I managed ten, the last three were making me pull some faces but I got there and this morning I managed ten again, the first five were done really quickly (I have to stand at arm's length from the wall and walk my fingers up the wall moving closer to the wall as my hand gets higher but keeping my arm straight). It seems like something has suddenly made a giant leap forward, let's hope it doesn't make a giant leap back now laugh.gif I still can't play open chords very easily and anything below the 5th fret other singular note stuff is hard, ie; bending, vibrato, hammer-ons etc

Fingers crossed that the giant doesn't leap back!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 13 2021, 05:54 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 13 2021, 02:51 PM) *
Great idea! You should also create an insta or twitter account, shouldn't you?

Thanks

I have both and I have a YT channel but I want to create three new ones anonymously all linked the the same contact, possibly FB too.

There's no rush though.

Saludos

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 14 2021, 02:41 PM
Instructor
Yes, that's what I meant. You need to create the accounts related to the artist name. I've seen this guy's 2020 video and it had some cool ideas.

Maybe you can listen to this one while traveling (as a podcast)

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 14 2021, 08:44 PM
Thanks for that buddy,

I'll watch it at my holiday home over the weekend.

Great news about my injury, tonight he said that there is much more muscle contraction everywhere, it's coming along very well, probably take another six weeks and have to be careful not to overdo things.
Tonight I played that tricky quick lick in the Por Mans Blues lesson a few times, not as quick as the lesson but fairly quick. I'm thinking now that some of my inability to play the quicker things has been down to my partial paralysis in my neck/shoulder/arm, I reckon we're looking towards the beginning of next year before I can really start working hard on those kind of licks.

Nos hablamos Gab

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 14 2021, 08:47 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2021, 03:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, nice to head good news from you. You have to be patient, and focus on the things that you can do/play now.

We can get back to the tricky/fast licks later. Don't you think so?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 14 2021, 04:44 PM) *
I'll watch it at my holiday home over the weekend.

Cool! Let's talk about it after that.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 15 2021, 07:14 PM
Thanks Gab,

I'm short on patience, wait until you're in your mid 50s, you'll see laugh.gif

I watched the video, very interesting but way too involved for my humble project, having said that, I did get a good overall picture of what to do. Take time to sort the banners for various platforms, don't rush it, promote it (somehow).

Saludos

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2021, 08:05 PM
Instructor
Yes, I don't do everything neither, but I've applied many of these ideas when releasing Ramen's songs.

On a side note, there a new single coming., and also our first live show will happen soon.. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 15 2021, 09:49 PM
Interesting to know that you don't do them all EITHER

When is the new single out? Great news on your next live gig too. cool.gif

I've sent you a pm. I'm also working on another tune called Spiral Sleep. I might try to get three done before going live with this project and release with a month between.

Saludos

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 16 2021, 08:58 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 18 2021, 01:51 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Thanks for the English correction!

The new single will be our in 1 month. We are now working on the videoclip, art cover, and other stuff. I'll be using OneRpm as well for this one. biggrin.gif

The idea of having 3 songs is good, but be sure that this doesn't delay the release of your first single too much. Finding your single on Spotify will bring lots of motivation.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 148 149 150 151 152 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:20 PM