Help With Getting A New Electric Guitar
shredmandan
Aug 22 2007, 01:08 AM
GMC:er
Hello Gmc
Ok i think im ready to just buy a new electric guitar but would like to here some opinions.The biggest thing i play on guitar is lead or solo style.My my music style consists of mostly thrash metal and heavy stuff.Example i use distortion 90% of the time.I already know Ibanez makes killer guitars so besides Ibanez what do you recommend?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 22 2007, 01:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 22 2007, 02:08 AM) *
Hello Gmc
Ok i think im ready to just buy a new electric guitar but would like to here some opinions.The biggest thing i play on guitar is lead or solo style.My my music style consists of mostly thrash metal and heavy stuff.Example i use distortion 90% of the time.I already know Ibanez makes killer guitars so besides Ibanez what do you recommend?

Lead is only one small part of playing guitar,remember this Dan. smile.gif

What else?...Musicman,LesPaul,Suhr,Jackson,Schecter,ESP,Peavey...list goes to eternity smile.gif
Try as many as you can...said before,I know. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 22 2007, 01:48 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
A bit of an odd suggestion maybe, but how about a Charvel San Dimas? Enormous cool-factor (in my eyes at least) Dealers have the white models on sale I belive. That's 80's hard rock for real!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 22 2007, 01:57 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 21 2007, 08:48 PM) *
A bit of an odd suggestion maybe, but how about a Charvel San Dimas? Enormous cool-factor (in my eyes at least) Dealers have the white models on sale I belive. That's 80's hard rock for real!!! laugh.gif

oh yeah
I did some Charvels and Especially Jackson but Musicians Friend doesnt carry Charvel that i know of either does my local guitar shop.You now whre to find one Mickem

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 22 2007, 02:00 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 22 2007, 02:57 AM) *
oh yeah
I did some Charvels and Especially Jackson but Musicians Friend doesnt carry Charvel that i know of either does my local guitar shop.You now whre to find one Mickem

Ehm... Jam in Stockhom are selling the San Dimas. I know, not the answer you were looking for but I don't know where to find them in the USA.

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Aug 22 2007, 06:34 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 21 2007, 08:08 PM) *
Hello Gmc

You can now check out the guide as a starting point for finding good Metal gear to try out.

Guide

ESP is my personal favorite for Metal though.

Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:53 AM