Line6 Flextone Ii Xl, Big pictures... beware...
Hardtail
Jul 2 2007, 02:13 AM
GMC:er
Wiki link

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jan 7 2009, 08:44 PM

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 2 2007, 08:17 AM
GMC Founder
Cool with all the pictures, it's also great that you have taken them yourself! smile.gif

I am glad you use delay like I do! wink.gif

Thanks for this review Hardtail! biggrin.gif

Kris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 2 2007, 01:41 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Yes, great review - I was very interested to read about the XLRs, stage mode and the loop for you pod, learnt a lot.

Now I want someone to post a review of the Vetta ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jul 2 2007, 04:57 PM
I have the exact same celestion custom speaker in my amp.

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 2 2007, 05:27 PM
I have the same amp. Minus the XLR's >__<

Btw, have you got any nice distorted or clean sounds outta it? I dont have a midi thing as of yet so I'm at a bit of a loss as far as sharing sounds is concerned. If you do it'd be great if you can put some of the settings to get the sounds up.

Cheers!

This post has been edited by Owen: Jul 2 2007, 05:32 PM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Jul 2 2007, 09:12 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Jul 2 2007, 12:27 PM) *
I have the same amp. Minus the XLR's >__<

Btw, have you got any nice distorted or clean sounds outta it? I dont have a midi thing as of yet so I'm at a bit of a loss as far as sharing sounds is concerned. If you do it'd be great if you can put some of the settings to get the sounds up.

Cheers!

Yeah I have obtained what I consider my main 3 settings I use on most of the stuff i play.

1st channel is clean with the slightest warmth of tube emulation. I am using the "Black Panel" setting. This emulates a "1965 Fender Deluxe".
2nd channel is my channel I toy around with laugh.gif
3rd channel is my blues distortion channel. Sounds ALOT like Gabriel's "Blues Get that Shuffle" but a bit warmer and with the Fattened Up delay. This channel rocks and allows you to go from warm blues to blues/rock just by bringing my guitar volume from 8 to 10. This uses the "Brit Classic" which emulates a "1968 Marshall Plexi 50 Watt" Head.
4th channel is my rock/metal channel and uses the "Rectified" setting which is an emulation of a "1994 Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Tremoverb Combo". This can distort and sustain forever. Not quite chunky enough for anything heavier than Metal.

And of course I spent hours tweaking the sounds I currently use. It takes a lot of time without the PC interface to perfect the sound. dry.gif

Once I get my Midi cable I will save these and start adding all the ones i've been discovering with channel 2. I will also post the saved settings so people with Pod's, Flextones, or Vettas, can try them out. smile.gif

Hardtail

This post has been edited by Hardtail: Jul 3 2007, 12:57 AM

--------------------

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 3 2007, 08:19 PM
Cool, tried the rectified its pretty powerful! Your sig says you upgraded and its not got an XL marked bit on it? How did you manage that? I realise its just a matter of plugging stuff into the circuit board but where do you get the bits?

This post has been edited by Owen: Jul 3 2007, 08:20 PM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Jul 3 2007, 11:55 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Jul 3 2007, 03:19 PM) *
Cool, tried the rectified its pretty powerful! Your sig says you upgraded and its not got an XL marked bit on it? How did you manage that? I realise its just a matter of plugging stuff into the circuit board but where do you get the bits?

I purchased it as an "Upgraded" version. What they basically did was upgrade the ROM so that the corrections they made to a few of the models for the Flextone III and Vetta's would be incorporated into this unit. Also they upgraded the speakers from generic "Line6" speakers to Celestion speakers. Unfortunately I do not think you can get this done... only the last year or so of these came from the factory like this. The Flextone III is an exact clone of my Flextone II with slight interface adjustments.

Oh and my sig should say XL. Thanks!

Hardtail

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 4 2007, 12:03 AM
Yeah, I have the celestions and I think my patches etc are pretty up to date, I was just wondering if it was possible to add the xlr's at a later date, obviously not, cheers anyway! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:27 AM