Big Hello, Big Hello
Tangomouse
Nov 18 2011, 02:17 PM
GMC:er
Hello all, as I'm the new kid on the block I'd best introduce myself, I'm Kev aka "Tangomouse" ,I'm 40 years young and a computer engineer & programmer ,I started to play guitar 8 years ago, The first year of playing i was teaching myself with the aide of electric guitar coach and didn't really get anywhere ,So i went to my local guitar shop for lessons for 5 years.

I'm currently learning canon rock and have been for about 5 weeks and progress is slow, last night i managed to play 2 & half mins at full tempo to the backing track, I'm putting in around 7 hours a day from 6pm till 1am trying to master this classic, which is taking me away from my Re-Enable project.

Re-Enable is software I wrote to "Re-Enable" windows functions that get disabled by malware & virus's ,which is now in its second carnation and instead of getting on with version 3 I'm putting the hours in canon rock!, You can read more about Re-enable on my website, www.tangosoft.co.uk

Why i go by the nickname Tangomouse is a very long story, I would also like to let you all know if anyone has computer problems then please don't hesitate to ask me, I'm here and happy to help, I have 30 years worth of computing experience & knowledge in computer repair.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2011, 04:03 PM
Instructor
Hi Kev!! Welcome to the site! I think that your computer knowledge could be very helpful for our community! Enjoy the site! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 18 2011, 04:24 PM
Instructor
Hi again Kev, and welcome biggrin.gif

Wow, I can definitely see myself asking you for computer based help in the near future wink.gif

+Quote Post
Tangomouse
Nov 18 2011, 06:06 PM
no worries, any time i can help i will.

i would just like to add, i currently own 4 guitars, tokia les paul, gould les paul , strat, crafter electric acoustic, my current setup is mini hp pc used soley as a amp running amplitube and i get some really great sounds from that, the output from that then goes to another pc which then mixes the output with backing tracks or guitar pro, which also allows me to capture video or record the output from guitar and mix backing tracks & video, i get sound from both pc's strait into my headphones.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Nov 18 2011, 11:32 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC man! Forget about the equipment, you say you're a computer expert ??!!! I need help man !! biggrin.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Nov 19 2011, 12:36 AM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome!
Programmers are notoriously musical!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 19 2011, 01:06 AM
Instructor
never too late to start! I'm glad you are playing, the guitar hooked you up eh? it's hard to quit

We are here to help!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 19 2011, 02:19 AM
Welcome to GMC! You are gonna love it here smile.gif Join in some collaborations and try some video chats! smile.gif You are gonna get plenty of emails about computer issues, very kind of you to help folks!

Todd

+Quote Post
Tangomouse
Nov 19 2011, 05:42 PM
thanks all, yes any pc probs just give us a shout

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 21 2011, 09:10 AM
Instructor
Hi Kev! I am Cosmin and I am one of the people who will probably attract PC problems as long as they breathe biggrin.gif Feel free to ask ANYTHING you wish to know guitar related and I will make sure I shall ask ANYTHING PC related laugh.gif see you around mate!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:25 AM