> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Rock Solo - Beginner, Lesson By Trond Vold
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Bob McElligott
Dec 15 2011, 04:02 AM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Rock Solo - Beginner by Trond Vold

Still tryimg to figure out how to get quality audio

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 15 2011, 11:54 AM
Instructor
Well played with good timing. I think you managed to pull out the take from beginning to the end , and the last part was somewhat effective.

As far as things that need work here, there is quite some that could be fixed. First of all, I have the impression you aren't comfortable with the whole solo, since you changed/left out some of the notes. I think you should give it time to settle before attempting to record. Second very important thing: vibrato & bending. These two things are connected, and I definitely recommend that you plan the majority of your practice time to upgrading this skill. Try Ben Higgin's vibrato odyssey series, to see how to approach bending and vibrato technique. Third, watch for dynamics: every note in this solo should be of equal loudness, and some notes are more accented (i.e. important rhythmic places in the solo etc..). Try working a bit more on this, leave it to settle and try again. I cannot give a passing grade, because you left out one sliding part and it was not perfect. So a 5 from me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 15 2011, 05:38 PM
Instructor
Timing in my opinion is good, not excellent but you have the idea where phrases start and where they finish and you do a good job in that regard,

For me the point where you should work the most is intonation. First, make sure your guitar is completely in tune, make sure your strings don't have something to do with intonation problems once you are sure then try to play with no vibrato for a while and make sure every note sounds in tune, then start adding vibrato,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 15 2011, 06:37 PM
Instructor
Hi Bob, welcome to the REC zone ! smile.gif

It was a good effort but there are a few areas which need some work, which Ivan has already highlighted. When you work on your vibrato, always bear in mind that you're in charge of how fast or slow it is.. so you have the choice to vary it so it doesn't sound the same everytime, like an automatic response.

It's nothing you can't handle, these areas just need some love that's all wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 16 2011, 03:02 PM
Instructor
Nothing more to add aside from what the guys have said! Pay attention to their advice and nothing can go wrong smile.gif

All the best and congratulations on your first REC experience wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 22 2011, 10:33 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
6.25 on this attempt. Keep at it man!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:29 AM