> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Hiepmetalogy's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2017, 03:40 PM
Instructor
Hi hiepmetalogy! Welcome to Gab's Army!

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hiepmetalogy
Apr 24 2017, 04:22 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 24 2017, 02:40 PM) *
Hi hiepmetalogy! Welcome to Gab's Army!

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

Hi Gabriel,

I have been playing for almost 2 years.
My favorite guitarist is John Petrucci, Buckehead. I like Dream Theater, Children of Bodom
My guitar goals are simply become an guitarist for Rock band in my country
I can spend 2 hours to pratice every day, because I am an Engineer and only spend time in the evening after work
I dont have live experience
My trong point is feeling quite good tempo and my weak point is...my picking hand
I don't know to much about music theory
Here is my video, but it happened last year. Now I get trouble at my picking hand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXZhSjEMxKM&t=4s

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picking_hand_problem.wmv ( 9.76MB ) Number of downloads: 143

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 25 2017, 02:18 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for your info.

I've watched the video about your pick issue. There are some ideas that come to mind which you could try and see how it results.

- The first one is holding your pick using the part of the fingers which is closer to the tips. I mean something like this:

Like this:

Attached Image

Attached Image

instead of this:

Attached Image

- Secondly, try to hold it stronger. Just by now, until the problem disappears.

- Finally try other type of picks. With more grid, smaller (jazz style), or something like this: LINK

Try these ideas and let me know what happens. You can use this lesson to experiment: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
hiepmetalogy
Apr 25 2017, 04:06 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 25 2017, 01:18 PM) *
Hi mate! Thanks for your info.

I've watched the video about your pick issue. There are some ideas that come to mind which you could try and see how it results.

- The first one is holding your pick using the part of the fingers which is closer to the tips. I mean something like this:

Like this:

Attached Image

Attached Image

instead of this:

Attached Image

- Secondly, try to hold it stronger. Just by now, until the problem disappears.

- Finally try other type of picks. With more grid, smaller (jazz style), or something like this: LINK

Try these ideas and let me know what happens. You can use this lesson to experiment: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

Hi teacher,

Thank you so much for your elaborate instructions.

I will try to follow your advice. But anyway could you please make the short video to show me the detailed movement of your picking hand when alternate picking (slowly)? I would like so watch it details, then imitate

Thanks in advance and have a nice day

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 26 2017, 10:39 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Yes! I'll record a video for you.

Please check out this thread: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry747035

There is a comment just over mine that you'll find useful.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
hiepmetalogy
Apr 27 2017, 04:02 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 26 2017, 09:39 PM) *
Hi mate! Yes! I'll record a video for you.

Please check out this thread: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry747035

There is a comment just over mine that you'll find useful.

Thanks Gabriel. I watch out video and it is quite useful. However, i think my problem is my index. It is not fixed when I hold pick and hit the string. The slight movement of my index make me not hold pick tightly. I still try but I haven't thought how to my index not moving.
Do you have any idea or exercises to solve it.

Thank you.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 28 2017, 05:41 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, the movement must be from your wrist, and there shouldn't be fingers movement when playing alternate picking. The key is to start the movement a bit from your elbow, but focus it on your wrist.

I think that the best would be to focus on this stuff, try the grid picks, and experiment working on alternate picking lessons. The Picking right hand basics is a good choice. I would like to see a vid of you playing that, with a camera view on your left hand. Is it possible?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:54 AM