> Quick Licks #48 Neoclassical Pedal Point Shapes
Todd Simpson
post Oct 6 2018, 07:45 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Let's do a very simple but very cool NeoClassical Inspired lick that you can use in a solo or just to work on your precision/speed. I'm going to DOUBLE PICK every note in this lick except for the very last note which you can single strike and use vibrato. This lick works well as a solo lick but also helps you to work on your string traverse while multi picking.

Many folks find that traversing while multi picking can be a bit tricky, so this lick should help out on that front. It's not crazy complex. Just a simple shape. Also, I'm playing the first demo "at speed" to show you what it will sound like once you play it quite a bit. I DO NOT expect you to play it this fast for your take. You can play at any speed that is comfortable.

*Have a look at the video

*NOTE: Keep it smooth and under control. If you find you are losing control, slow down just a pinch.
Attached File  48.gp5 ( 1.92K ) Number of downloads: 5

Attached Image

BACKGROUND / COMMENTS: I'm backing off the difficulty here on purpose to try to get back to the "Quick" idea behind "Quick Licks". Hopefully this one is is a bit easier smile.gif

Hit me up with any questions!
Todd

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 10 2018, 08:14 PM
Post #2

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

If your Alternate Picking needs a boost. Give this drill a try!
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 6 2018, 02:45 PM) *
Let's do a very simple but very cool NeoClassical Inspired lick that you can use in a solo or just to work on your precision/speed. I'm going to DOUBLE PICK every note in this lick except for the very last note which you can single strike and use vibrato. This lick works well as a solo lick but also helps you to work on your string traverse while multi picking.

Many folks find that traversing while multi picking can be a bit tricky, so this lick should help out on that front. It's not crazy complex. Just a simple shape. Also, I'm playing the first demo "at speed" to show you what it will sound like once you play it quite a bit. I DO NOT expect you to play it this fast for your take. You can play at any speed that is comfortable.

*Have a look at the video

*NOTE: Keep it smooth and under control. If you find you are losing control, slow down just a pinch.
Attached File  48.gp5 ( 1.92K ) Number of downloads: 5

Attached Image

BACKGROUND / COMMENTS: I'm backing off the difficulty here on purpose to try to get back to the "Quick" idea behind "Quick Licks". Hopefully this one is is a bit easier smile.gif

Hit me up with any questions!
Todd

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2018 - 03:05 AM