> Quick Licks #48 Neoclassical Pedal Point Shapes
Todd Simpson
post Oct 6 2018, 07:45 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Let's do a very simple but very cool NeoClassical Inspired lick that you can use in a solo or just to work on your precision/speed. I'm going to DOUBLE PICK every note in this lick except for the very last note which you can single strike and use vibrato. This lick works well as a solo lick but also helps you to work on your string traverse while multi picking.

Many folks find that traversing while multi picking can be a bit tricky, so this lick should help out on that front. It's not crazy complex. Just a simple shape. Also, I'm playing the first demo "at speed" to show you what it will sound like once you play it quite a bit. I DO NOT expect you to play it this fast for your take. You can play at any speed that is comfortable.

*Have a look at the video

*NOTE: Keep it smooth and under control. If you find you are losing control, slow down just a pinch.
Attached File  48.gp5 ( 1.92K ) Number of downloads: 7

Attached Image

BACKGROUND / COMMENTS: I'm backing off the difficulty here on purpose to try to get back to the "Quick" idea behind "Quick Licks". Hopefully this one is is a bit easier smile.gif

Hit me up with any questions!
Todd

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 10 2018, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

If your Alternate Picking needs a boost. Give this drill a try!
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 6 2018, 02:45 PM) *
Let's do a very simple but very cool NeoClassical Inspired lick that you can use in a solo or just to work on your precision/speed. I'm going to DOUBLE PICK every note in this lick except for the very last note which you can single strike and use vibrato. This lick works well as a solo lick but also helps you to work on your string traverse while multi picking.

Many folks find that traversing while multi picking can be a bit tricky, so this lick should help out on that front. It's not crazy complex. Just a simple shape. Also, I'm playing the first demo "at speed" to show you what it will sound like once you play it quite a bit. I DO NOT expect you to play it this fast for your take. You can play at any speed that is comfortable.

*Have a look at the video

*NOTE: Keep it smooth and under control. If you find you are losing control, slow down just a pinch.
Attached File  48.gp5 ( 1.92K ) Number of downloads: 7

Attached Image

BACKGROUND / COMMENTS: I'm backing off the difficulty here on purpose to try to get back to the "Quick" idea behind "Quick Licks". Hopefully this one is is a bit easier smile.gif

Hit me up with any questions!
Todd

--------------------

+Quote Post
onetabmat
post Dec 11 2018, 06:54 PM
Post #3

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 23.212

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Dec 14 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Nice!!! I can see you getting better with each and every one of these. Your technique continues to get more and more refined, your precision continues to improve as well. You have been making great progress on these and it looks like you are going to be crowned as the new TOP DAWG of Quick Licks, you are only a few steps away! I"ve never seen anyone climb up this fast. In your next batch you will over take the top spot! Keep it up!!! It's great to see you making such great gains!!!! You killed this and ...
LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image
Todd
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Dec 11 2018, 01:54 PM) *

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2018 - 07:36 AM