Singer Advice, errrr...
muntahunta
Oct 11 2007, 01:14 AM
Learning Roadie
FIXED

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by muntahunta: Dec 28 2007, 01:59 AM

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Oct 17 2007, 09:49 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Oct 11 2007, 01:14 AM) *
Hey, im looking for some advice about the singer in my band.

his voice has no.... kick to it. we mainly do punk and metal and although he can hit the notes and stuff it doesnt have any feeling in the vocals. i sing 2 songs in the band (fade to black by metallica and simple man (shinedowns version of the lynyrd skynyrd song) and ive been told by many people that im the better singer. unfortunatly i dont really want to be a full time singer so i was wondering if you could give me some advice and tips to try and get his voice to have more feeling, power and maybe even a bit of a growl?

Thanks
Chris

Chris:

This is what I say to all my students wink.gif . Doesn't matter what style you sing you have to practice your singing from the begining by humming and all those things. This is to manage your voice, and then you can improve your style.
It's not easy to understand that singing those styles like punk or metal need a lot of vocal technique huh.gif . You could sing without tecnique but I'm sure that you can growl for a year.. but no more. sad.gif
In order to get power it is very important the breathing, and growling it's not good for your throat but the tecnique helps a lot. You can see a lot of heavy metal singers that growl up today!
So if you and your partner practice you will improve your voice and manage it as you want.-
When you have practiced all my lessons, maybe you have doubts.. just ask me again whatever you want.-

ok? wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:44 AM